Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Jim Cornette Meltdown Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Cornette is losing his mind over Meltzer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsPWG7bcc9A

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

60k views in less than 24 hours that's about $300 he made from that video not bad bad going for a rant, Corny the ultimate shill and knows out to make money out of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 KeegoLaughs

Lads, he has never had a melt down.

He has been consistent in his views and expressed the logic behind them. If you dont agree with that logic then thats all good. Doesnt mean he is melting down. Wrestling is subjective, he likes good, consistent and well thought out storylines. That is absent in all mainstream wrestling in 2021. So of course, he will never enjoy aew or wwe.

If you do, then continue to do so. But because someone disagrees, it doesnt mean he is melting down. In the last 14 months, meltzer has had to issue more apologies than cornette.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I find myself nodding along with Jim more often than not so it's not his opinions that led to me creating this thread, more when he loses the run of himself and starts calling people pedophiles and being xenophobic.

It's the weird moments where, amidst saying something completely reasonable, he calls someone like Penelope a slapper. That's the problem and "meltdown" I refer to.

To be fair to him though I think since the Penelope thing he's reigned himself in. Even with the Bowens rap he was half in support/half against it so he seems to be trying harder not to be a clown with his outbursts

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

To claim there is no good consistent storylines in AEW is just inaccurate regardless of your view of Jim Cornette.

I like Jim. Like Eamon Dunphy, I dont always agree with him but I find him entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 KeegoLaughs

OF course speaking in generalities is not a good idea...... But if you look at most of the characters, non have been introduced to a casual audience ... Why does the fella put his hands in his pocket.....why is he called jungle boy..... why do the young bucks steal absolutely everything from hbk during his drug years...... These are all parts of the problem. No intro to a new audience.

But JC has been clear on his problems with aew, hardly a melt down.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

well this week we may get a all time classic meltdown which isn’t related to wrestling, because Jim cornette has been saying for weeks that he had a new website coming and it was going better than the last one and all that. He was giving it the big push, and dared the listeners to try and crash it. Well today was the day and it lasted less than a minute before it went down and is still not fully up. This could make the Russo rants and Tim Horner pale in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

Love me some Jim Cornette. I always find his rants entertaining. He's never stuck for a word. As well as that, his knowledge of American wrestling is positively encyclopaedic. Wrestling, in general, at least up to a certain year. Also, his butchering of CM Punk's theme song has been hilarious. It started with just a quick off-key rendition of the first few lines, and has now devolved into "The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese".

Advertisement