Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭babybuilder

One possibility is that the courier could charge a uniform fee to all customers covering the cost of (a) paying the import duty and (b) reclaiming it, in those cases where a reclaim becomes possible. Effectively, the cost of reclaiming import duty would be shared by all importers equally, both those who made a reclaim and those who did not. Customers might prefer this — or, of course, they might not, since presumably the fee would be higher.

Great suggestion. Might give some protection to consumers as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

What's the story with Amazon Logistics and missed deliveries?

Ordered an item that was due to be delivered yesterday. I wasn't home, it was marked as delivered nonetheless and 'handed to resident'. It wasn't handed to anyone, checked CCTV and so on.

I've been on to customer care and they said it's common for Amazon Logistics to mark an item as delivered when it hasn't been and that they may attempt the delivery again. No sign of it as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Ordered an item that was due to be delivered yesterday. I wasn't home, it was marked as delivered nonetheless and 'handed to resident'. It wasn't handed to anyone, checked CCTV and so on.

I've been on to customer care and they said it's common for Amazon Logistics to mark an item as delivered when it hasn't been and that they may attempt the delivery again. No sign of it as of yet.

You should have asked if they were aiming to emulate the Fastway style of deliveries.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

This happened to me twice last week
    I managed to track one down to a nearby house
    The other one was delivered 2 days after tracking said delivered - also delivered to the same wrong address though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

This happened to me twice last week
    I managed to track one down to a nearby house
    The other one was delivered 2 days after tracking said delivered - also delivered to the same wrong address though

They really need to sort out the accuracy of their notifications.

They're happy to refund me tomorrow if it hasn't arrived by close of business tomorrow. If I knew it definitely was lost I would reorder a replacement now so that it arrives asap. Although if I do that there's a good chance the original order may arrive tomorrow and I'll be left out of pocket.

Bit of a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

They really need to sort out the accuracy of their notifications.

They're happy to refund me tomorrow if it hasn't arrived by close of business tomorrow. If I knew it definitely was lost I would reorder a replacement now so that it arrives asap. Although if I do that there's a good chance the original order may arrive tomorrow and I'll be left out of pocket.

Bit of a joke.

You can return one if really necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bewareofthedog

corkie wrote: »
    Amazon.de ~~~ Arriving tomorrow by 8 PM

This is the same for me every time even on the UK site with prime priority shipping. Ordered a keyboard Tuesday evening, said it was guaranteed to be here by Friday but judging by the tracking it won't be.

14:07 pm on 25 March 2021

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

If you're not in Dublin to get something before the weekend you'd need to be ordering it Monday, it's not exactly the two day priority shipping they advertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

AnPost seams to have major problems at the moment to deliver Amazon packages down to me here in Cork.

I have multiple packages last scanned on Monday in Dublin which don't seem to move.

At the same time other vendors scanned the same day arrived Wednesday. No scanned updates but at least they arrived.

New orders at Amazon at least now show priority shipping option for me but with a 7 day lead time.

Something is clearly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭EarWig

I ordered an item on Monday, got it yesterday.

I ordered another item Wednesday, and getting it tomorrow. Orginal estimated delivery date was April 6th.

Not Prime, chose Free Delivery, Dublin based.

Finding Amazon logistics very good. Hated Fastways.

Just an update on this. I am having an absolute nightmare with Amazon Logistics.

So the item marked as delivered on Wednesday has never arrived. I've checked CCTV, Amazon Logistics weren't even at my address at the time of delivery so they clearly sent it to the wrong location.

Not to worry, I requested a refund and ordered the item again on Thursday.

I got a notification that the item was out for delivery this morning. Kept an eye on it on the maps and went to the door to meet the courier. I got a phonecall from the courier asking for my Eircode, which was already on my order details along with my full address. He clearly didn't know the area whatsoever.

To my frustration, I saw the courier literally drive past me. Then a few seconds later I get a notification to say that the item was delivered and 'handed to resident'.

WTF? Currently waiting to speak to a supervisor. It's really frustrating that there isn't any way to get in contact with Amazon Logistics without going through Customer Service who clearly don't have any real line of communication either.

• Advertisement

It's really frustrating that there isn't any way to get in contact with Amazon Logistics without going through Customer Service who clearly don't have any real line of communication either.
    Must be driver specific, so do complain.

Three of the past four deliveries by Amazon Logistics were made to my immediate neighbour which is actually fine by me. But, I received a phone call first in each case.

EarWig wrote: »
    Must be driver specific, so do complain.

Three of the past four deliveries by Amazon Logistics were made to my immediate neighbour which is actually fine by me. But, I received a phone call first in each case.

Yeah I am thinking the same. It's unfortunate, I've used Amazon Logistcs in the past and haven't had an issue. Now I'm in the position that I'm reluctant to order anything from Amazon because I'm worried it won't get delivered.

Also worth noting that I am in a large development and there were a few other residents who also had items marked as delivered on Wednesday when the courier wasn't even here.

It's proper dodgy. Where are the items?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Yeah I am thinking the same. It's unfortunate, I've used Amazon Logistcs in the past and haven't had an issue. Now I'm in the position that I'm reluctant to order anything from Amazon because I'm worried it won't get delivered.

Also worth noting that I am in a large development and there were a few other residents who also had items marked as delivered on Wednesday when the courier wasn't even here.

I've seen thousands of pounds of gear go astray when new drivers start off. If its that bad Amazons metrics will spot it and I suspect either the diver will get it right or be looking for a new job.

Wake me up when it's all over.

People just accept them. What's the risk.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Captcha wrote: »
    Will check with them, thanks

did you hear anything back?

same thing happened for me as well - first time returning item since brexit - while i am fully aware of the slight change on we should only return if faulty, to my surprise that I returned and received refund but the refund excludes the Irish import fee deposit.

Does this make sense? Because technically we are returning to 'UK' (even when we know the item is sent to somewhere in Ireland or Luxembourgh etc)??

Spoke with amazon and they said they dont refund import fee :confused: this change is massive and I didnt see this coming.

After reading the thread - i am going back to clarify with Amazon again

edited: after further clarified with amazon, they apologized for the error as the import fee will be refunded as well, within 180days :pac: oh well whatever, resolved.

Mod. post on other thread deleted, as this one is specific to the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It's so frustrating to search through loads of items to find a specific item, deliberately choosing Fulfilled by Amazon, only to discover that they won't post to Ireland.

I vaguely recall that there was a way to only show products that deliver to Ireland. Can anyone remember how ?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

The delivery times have definitely gone by the wayside again, I wonder what’s going on this time. One item I preordered was released on Friday and was supposed to be delivered between yesterday and tomorrow but it hasn’t even been dispatched yet. Also have estimated delivery dates of over a week for most items again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^
    I'm not sure. Be handy to know.

I also find it odd that items listed on Amazon UK which are obviously German (packaging wording) and fulfilled by Amazon EU (same item in Amazon DE) cannot be delivered to Ireland but can be to the UK. I can get it via Amazon DE but would have to pay the 8 Euro del (I have UK Prime).

I just tried a slightly different product, from the same supplier's Amazon shop & it will deliver free to Ireland. It seems so random.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭peter4918

The delivery times have definitely gone by the wayside again, I wonder what’s going on this time. One item I preordered was released on Friday and was supposed to be delivered between yesterday and tomorrow but it hasn’t even been dispatched yet. Also have estimated delivery dates of over a week for most items again.

It’s the opposite for me at the moment, ordered stuff last Monday evening and it was delivered on Thursday morning. A pre-order item due to be released on Friday was delivered to me on Thursday morning aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Same here - ordered a couple of items late Weds night and had them delivered Saturday before lunchtime.

It's the initial estimated delivery dates that are way off.

Maybe they are trying to get you to choose and pay for a faster delivery option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Mine seem to be delivered in a 2 day window (depending on what time of day I order, can be 3 days if I order later in the evening, e.g Sunday evening order, delivery Wednesday morning/afternoon).

Got offered a Prime Free Trial. 4 items in my basket & a guaranteed delivery for 1st April if I ordered with 20 hours. I went to order an hour later & the guaranteed had gone out to the 6th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

seraphimvc wrote: »
    did you hear anything back?

same thing happened for me as well - first time returning item since brexit - while i am fully aware of the slight change on we should only return if faulty, to my surprise that I returned and received refund but the refund excludes the Irish import fee deposit.

Does this make sense? Because technically we are returning to 'UK' (even when we know the item is sent to somewhere in Ireland or Luxembourgh etc)??

Spoke with amazon and they said they dont refund import fee :confused: this change is massive and I didnt see this coming.

After reading the thread - i am going back to clarify with Amazon again

edited: after further clarified with amazon, they apologized for the error as the import fee will be refunded as well, within 180days :pac: oh well whatever, resolved.

Mod. post on other thread deleted, as this one is specific to the issue.

Yes I got the entire amount refunded. I was actually being stupid, I had 342 in my head and on the AZ website it had 287... EUR to £ didnt compute in my ape brain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Everything gone from 1 to 6 April now. Wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Everything gone from 1 to 6 April now. Wonder why.

Easter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'm based in North Dublin and I have Prime. Ordered something yesterday and the initial delivery estimate was 6th April. I see on the tracking that the item cleared customs in Swords overnight.

Can I get excited about a potential knock on the door or will it sit there for a few days now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'm based in North Dublin and I have Prime. Ordered something yesterday and the initial delivery estimate was 6th April. I see on the tracking that the item cleared customs in Swords overnight.

Can I get excited about a potential knock on the door or will it sit there for a few days now?

I'm afraid not, that customs clearing in Swords is virtual to speed up the export of it from the UK into the EU, the item is still in the UK.

You'll see this for almost every item you order from Amazon.co.uk these days, sometimes you'll see it clear customs in Belgium but the item itself has never left the UK.

• Advertisement

Based on my experience, once it get's dispatched, I get a new estimated delivery date, and that date is accurate.

Advertisement