Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

I have another order from Saturday that was meant to arrive today but it was only dispatched at 1 this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

My due Saturday parcel went something like this:
    • Shipped friday
    • Initiated customs clearance Swords Saturday
    • Completed customs clearance Swords Monday
    • Initiated customs clearance Manchester Tuesday.
    • Package arrived at final delivery station Tuesday.

Have a dress ordered for my 4 year old that was due yesterday, but has been stuck on Initiated customs clearance Manchester since Saturday. I don't expect that today which is a pity as she is bursting for her new dress.

The location of customs clearance in Irlam in Manchester always makes me think of getting the train to work when I lived there. Northern service to Liverpool Lime St, calling at Urmston, Flixton, Chassen Rd, Irlam, Birchwood, Padgate, Warrington Central... Can still hear the announcements in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Ordered Saturday.
    Shipped Sunday.
    Dublin Hub Monday.
    Delivery in Cork this morning.

Looks like both Amazon and AnPost are back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stuck in Manchester since Saturday and no movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Caught by this current delays that seems to have crept in over the weekend, was due Monday.
    Now expected 16 March - 17 March
    B07C8V2N2X
    We’re very sorry your delivery is late. Most late packages arrive in a day. If you have not received your package by tomorrow, you can come back here the next day for a refund.

But hasn't arrived in Ireland yet by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Stuck in Manchester since Saturday and no movement.

What's your due date?
    I ordered Sunday, due 'today' but the last status update is 2:23am so not overly optimistic I'll have it before Thursday. (Not sure what Amazon's policy is regarding delivering on a bank holiday)!
    Monday, 15 March
    2:23 AM
    Initiated customs clearance process

Irlam, Manchester
    2:01 AM
    Completed customs clearance process
    Irlam, Manchester
    Sunday, 14 March
    11:57 PM
    Initiated customs clearance process
    Irlam, Manchester
    10:42 PM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB
    9:12 PM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB
    Package has shipped
    Dunfermline, Fife UK

Shlippery wrote: »
    What's your due date?
    I ordered Sunday, due 'today' but the last status update is 2:23am so not overly optimistic I'll have it before Thursday. (Not sure what Amazon's policy is regarding delivering on a bank holiday)!

Due to arrive by 9pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Will_I_Regret

Shipped Thursday and it hasn't cleared customs yet.
    Last two orders didn't make it through either and I was issued a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

VG31 wrote: »
    I had an item due today but it hasn't arrived in the final delivery station yet.
    VG31 wrote: »
    I have another order from Saturday that was meant to arrive today but it was only dispatched at 1 this afternoon.

Both arrived today. One of the package's label was almost completely gone apart from the QR code, which is the tracking number thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dgallagher_73

Hi there,

Just wondering does anybody have any experience with sending back items bought from Amazon.de?

I'm used to buying a few items from Amazon UK in one go and then I might decide to return on of the items which has been totally free to do up to now. Amazon UK will give you a pre-paid postage stamp that you are meant to print out and affix onto the package of the item you want to return. You hand it into an An Post office and you don't have to pay for postage.

I'm just wondering whether this is the case with items bought from Amazon.de? One thing I noticed is that if you want to avail of free shipping from Amazon.de your order has to be at least 40 Euros whereas Amazon UK offers free delivery on orders above 20 Euros.
    Because of these small differences I'm a bit weary of buying something from the German site as I have no idea how different the returning process is compared to the UK website. I can't get concrete information online about this.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Amazon UK have changed their policies in the last 6/12 months and can ask you to return goods at your own expense for change of mind. Amazon Germany doing the same. They are perfectly entitled to do so under distance selling regulations. It’s expensive to return things now, especially to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I buy stuff from amazon de all the time. I jist make sure what i buy is either something that is cheap enough to return or i use amazon warehouse. You can always say there is something wrong with the item and they'll cover return postage.
    A great thing on there is they offer 2 years product warranty on most electrical items.
    I bought a blender, broke a year later, contacted amazon, the accpted return. returned it and boom full refund, they covered return as well.
    I am a big fan of amazon.de :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I buy stuff from amazon de all the time. I jist make sure what i buy is either something that is cheap enough to return or i use amazon warehouse. You can always say there is something wrong with the item and they'll cover return postage.
    A great thing on there is they offer 2 years product warranty on most electrical items.
    I bought a blender, broke a year later, contacted amazon, the accpted return. returned it and boom full refund, they covered return as well.

But we are covered by law for that here in Ireland for items bought online inside the EU

I find in irish shops they always try and fob me off with the 1 year warranty.
    Never had any hassle returning anything to amazon germany or spain. Just as an fyi, any items that have a battery will need to be returned via courier because an post won't take them

I find in irish shops they always try and fob me off with the 1 year warranty.
    Never had any hassle returning anything to amazon germany or spain. Just as an fyi, any items that have a battery will need to be returned via courier because an post won't take them
    I don't understand? How would An Post know that an item has a battery inside of it?

Can you give me an example of an item with a battery that would not be accepted by An Post? Don't most items have removable batteries?

Mod - Items containing Lithium batteries such as phones, tablets, laptops are prohibited with An Post. Please read the Forum charter for this and the courier forum.

What made you use Amazon.de in the first place as opposed to the UK version? Was it because of the changes that Amazon UK is going through due to Brexit? I'm still learning why people would use Amazon.de or Amazon.fr instead of the UK version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

But we are covered by law for that here in Ireland for items bought online inside the EU

We are ya, but you go down that route it’s a massive pain in the hoop. You have to prove there was an inherent flaw, prove you didn’t break it, return it possibly for inspection, and ultimately could end up having to go to the SCC.

If amazon offer a no quibbles 2 year service it’s infinitely better.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Amazon UK have changed their policies in the last 6/12 months and can ask you to return goods at your own expense for change of mind. Amazon Germany doing the same. They are perfectly entitled to do so under distance selling regulations. It’s expensive to return things now, especially to Germany.
    Okay I understand.

I noticed that I have to pay import charges on items bought on Amazon UK. I assumed that this makes it significantly more expensive to buy stuff from the UK website but others have said that the end price that you pay basically works out the same as it did before the implementation of import tax on items bought from the UK website. I'm not sure why they think this...

I'm just wondering do you know whether this is through or not?

The initiating customs clearance isn’t really accurate as it also includes the time shipping the package from UK to Ireland. So it can look like its in customs but its just being shipped across the pond. Amazon do their own customs and have dealt with the whole situation very well really. Lots of items are back to 2 days for me now.

Okay I understand.

I noticed that I have to pay import charges on items bought on Amazon UK. I assumed that this makes it significantly more expensive to buy stuff from the UK website but others have said that the end price that you pay basically works out the same as it did before the implementation of import tax on items bought from the UK website. I'm not sure why they think this...

I'm just wondering do you know whether this is through or not?

The remove UK VAT and add on Irish vat and duty if required. So usually it works out a similar price on items that aren’t too expensive.

• Advertisement

The remove UK VAT and add on Irish vat and duty if required. So usually it works out a similar price on items that aren’t too expensive.
    Would I be right in saying that if I bought something that was under 100 Euros on the UK site it would work out the same as it did before the changes took place?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Would I be right in saying that if I bought something that was under 100 Euros on the UK site it would work out the same as it did before the changes took place?

Give or take a few cents, yes. Items under 22 euro Inc postage are cheaper as no vat at all

Yep. It's not all that bad once the retailer implements it correctly. The problem is when some places charge you UK Vat then you get stung with Irish vat and duty by the delivery company. And as Sleeper said there are some great bargains on the cheap Amazon items at the moment.

I went amazon germany because i started seing the items i buy are cheaper there and the warehouse items are plentiful and cheaper.
    I'm a sucker for a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Does anyone know how long it has been since Amazon have stopped shipping Vitamins to Ireland, especially the Nutravita brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Due to arrive by 9pm tonight.

Package is 5 stops away, looks like a Paddys day delivery is on the card despite the delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Package is 5 stops away, looks like a Paddys day delivery is on the card despite the delays.

I suspect Amazon work their staff to death so no surprise you getting a delivery on a national holiday.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Just arrived for me there now as well.

I said fair play working Paddy’s day the lad just shrugged his shoulders in the I need the money way.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,809 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I suspect Amazon work their staff to death so no surprise you getting a delivery on a national holiday.
    I had 2 separate deliveries today by An Post. Those guys would be on nice money for today so nothing to do with Amazon directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

muffler wrote: »
    I had 2 separate deliveries today by An Post. Those guys would be on nice money for today so nothing to do with Amazon directly.

No An Post deliveries out in the country but didn't expect any.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement