Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

km79 wrote: »
    What number are people using to get through ?
    Try 1800 927 476

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Anyone on the basic €41 pm, who got a better offer through cancellation attempt? If so, what was the lowest?

29.50 for me - seems to be all over the place, my dad got them down to 18.50 somehow.

He was literally willing to let it go I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭kenn0

Breakdown of my bill. I have a Sky+HD box. Just signed back up in the last few weeks.

Sky Signature
    €23.40
    Sky Signature €41.00
    In-Contract discount -€5.00
    Core Sky TV Subscription Discounted -€12.60
    Sky Kids
    €8.00
    Sky Cinema
    €14.50
    Sky Cinema €29.00
    Sky Cinema Subscription Discounted -€14.50
    Sky Go Extra
    FREE
    See It First
    FREE

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

29.50 for me - seems to be all over the place, my dad got them down to 18.50 somehow.

He was literally willing to let it go I suppose.

I honestly think they would take almost anything from someone on the basic package because it's cheaper for them to relieve you of 15 to 20 a month, than having to deal with getting the Sky box returned and all the admin that entails.

I was willing to let go myself as you always have the option of signing back up as a new customer for €25 pm but I just didnt fancy the hassle of all that and the call out again etc when I could just agree to €23.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Slightly off topic. Lost the will to live with them yesterday. After 40 mins waiting to get through to Customer Services, then told there were no offers available for me (just out of contract) and having to wait another 10 mins to get through to Retentions, I lost the cool and just told the poor lad not to bother with trying to keep me I just wanted to cancel. To be fair thats what he did.

Now should I just sit tight and wait for an offer or is the concensus that I wont hear from them? I really only watch the FTA stations but use the record function a fair bit.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Slightly off topic. Lost the will to live with them yesterday. After 40 mins waiting to get through to Customer Services, then told there were no offers available for me (just out of contract) and having to wait another 10 mins to get through to Retentions, I lost the cool and just told the poor lad not to bother with trying to keep me I just wanted to cancel. To be fair thats what he did.

Now should I just sit tight and wait for an offer or is the concensus that I wont hear from them? I really only watch the FTA stations but use the record function a fair bit.

Thanks.

If you have an online sky account login there or if you have the app open it.
    Im not with them anymore but anytime i check my MYSKY they seem to call the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thanks.

If it's a SKY+ box, you will be able to watch the UK FTA stations without a Sky sub.
    Take the Sky card out and turn the box on and see what stations you can still get.
    If it's a SKY Q box, you have to return it but you could get a SKY+ box cheap enough and use that if you have the right connection.
    You won't get the Irish stations without a Saorview box or aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

muffler wrote: »
    Try 1800 927 476

Got straight through at 9am this morning.
    15 min phone call to cancel. Final offer was approx 30% off basic, sports and HD.
    I am definitely cancelling but will report back what they offer me in next 30 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

okidoki987 wrote: »
    If it's a SKY+ box, you will be able to watch the UK FTA stations without a Sky sub.
    Take the Sky card out and turn the box on and see what stations you can still get.
    If it's a SKY Q box, you have to return it but you could get a SKY+ box cheap enough and use that if you have the right connection.
    You won't get the Irish stations without a Saorview box or aerial.

Can you get HD on free to air using the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Can you get HD on free to air using the box?
    Yes, there are a few basic channels available in HD. See the full list of channels including the HD versions here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Thanks.

Just to add to the above replies, you will get a proper EPG when you whip out your card, but you won’t be able to record etc without your card nor when you get switched off and have your Irish card in. But there are cards you can get which will allow you to keep using the record function. I’ve posted about it before if you search through my posts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Ok.... latest for me currently on Q plus mini box for €56 a month

Offfer is to move me to Singature Package PLUS
    * sports
    * sports extra
    * cinema
    * Hd + UHD
    * box sets
    * documentaries -discovery & history channels
    All for €102 for 6 months

Thoughts ????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Masala wrote: »
    Ok.... latest for me currently on Q plus mini box for €56 a month

Offfer is to move me to Singature Package PLUS
    * sports
    * sports extra
    * cinema
    * Hd + UHD
    * box sets
    * documentaries -discovery & history channels
    All for €102 for 6 months

Thoughts ????

Box sets and docs aren't extra, they're what comes with the signature pack. You're getting sports movies and uhd for 46, how much will it be after 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Box sets and docs aren't extra, they're what comes with the signature pack. You're getting sports movies and uhd for 46, how much will it be after 6 months?

Ya .... current online costs of Sports +extra+Cinema+HD is €25+10+10+8 = €53.

So my €56+53 = €109 versus offer of €102.....not setting my world on fire on that discount!!!

I dont currently have History or Discovery channel on current package. So they be extra to me.

I will have to ask what happens after 6 months- thats one of my questions

also ... what about Sky Go?? And the F1 Channel??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

I got sky q in this morning. I just understand why sky needs to charge for HD? All tvs are set up for hd. I refuse to pay for it so still have standard

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Butson

cena wrote: »
    I got sky q in this morning. I just understand why sky needs to charge for HD? All tvs are set up for hd. I refuse to pay for it so still have standard

That's is the greatest rip off going and the main reason I left Sky.
    Also, when you get Sky Sports in the UK it comes in HD as standard, no extra cost like here.

Got straight through at 9am this morning.
    15 min phone call to cancel. Final offer was approx 30% off basic, sports and HD.
    I am definitely cancelling but will report back what they offer me in next 30 days!

Have heard nothing back
    Think I’m cut off from tomorrow or Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Got a reduction of nearly 40% in the last 2 weeks, happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Stewball

Question about Sky signature.

I'm on the entertainment pack and I haven't signed up to SkyQ - for an extra €1 I can switch to signature and get box-sets included which I don't already have.

Do I have to switch to SkyQ to sign up for the signature package?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

No, you will know you are getting Sky Q as they have to come out and change cables/boxes etc. Hope you are getting your c. 35% reduction. You will get Documentaries as well with Signature if you don't have them already, Discovery Channel, National Geographic etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

No, you will know you are getting Sky Q as they have to come out and change cables/boxes etc. Hope you are getting your c. 35% reduction. You will get Documentaries as well with Signature if you don't have them already, Discovery Channel, National Geographic etc

Keep your old box and make sure you can connect it to the dish after they have done the install.
    This means if you ever get rid of Sky Q (have to return the equipment to them) , you will still be able to get FTA stations using your old Sky box.

Have heard nothing back
    Think I’m cut off from tomorrow or Tuesday

Missed call from them today

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Any Sky Q upgrade deals? don't want to pay €155.......?
    Am a VIP platinum and on a 40% off deal at the moment.

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Any Sky Q upgrade deals? don't want to pay €155.......?
    Am a VIP platinum and on a 40% off deal at the moment.

They rang and emailed me offering a free upgrade to Q. I didn't take it I'm waiting until I'm out of contract in May and will cancel, see will they offer me something decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Whats the best number to contact Sky I am sick of holding and been cut off :(

I see they are offering HD free for 6 months now for new sign ups

Butson wrote: »
    I see they are offering HD free for 6 months now for new sign ups

That's big of them it's free with every other provider. Seriously considering moving to VM next month their picture quality is outstanding.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That's big of them it's free with every other provider. Seriously considering moving to VM next month their picture quality is outstanding.

That was my point, they probably realise they've milked it for long enough. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Butson wrote: »
    That was my point, they probably realise they've milked it for long enough. Ridiculous.

Certainly is.

Advertisement