Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Sky need to start to look at their charges for HD channels.
    It's getting beyond a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭CoBo55

okidoki987 wrote: »

It really is, VM include HD with every package. SD quality on sky is absolutely dreadful. I must say I was very impressed with the picture quality of VM.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

ctlsleh wrote: »
    I cancelled earlier In Jan, but only to get a better deal. I was paying €92 for the old variety pack + Sports +HD.......got a text 2 weeks after cancelling offering me 35% off to come back. There was no change to my account a week later and I was getting close to my final day so I rang them up (9aM is a good time, got through straight away and put through to someone in renewals). I was offered to upgrade to Sky Signature, which gives me Discovery and other docs, HD and Sports for €57 and change......happy enough with that. I would just ring them up and say you got the text for 35% to come back and see how it goes......the person I was talking to knew nothing about it and there was no record on my account...... :)
    I tried to get Sky Q as part of the deal, but there wasn’t any deal available.....I’m a platinum VIP, so I’m hoping to get that free later and then upgrade to UHD.
    Hope that helps!

Thanks that’s what I’ve been on for last few years
    I won’t be takin it up this year
    Gone for good

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You cant blame Sky as its in the business to make money. Blame the people who pay for it. As long as people are prepared to pay for HD then Sky will charge for it.

Oh, Im not defending Sky as I hate them with a passion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ChesterFisher1

Hi all, sorry in advance if this has been answered before, I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    I rang Sky to cancel my tv subscription but was told I can't as I'm in contract until september. They did say that they had a covid package for 10 euro a month which was the basic channels. When I asked what they were, the guy couldn't tell me as he didn't know which channels were on it. I've googled and come up with nothing. Would anyone know what the channels on the covid package are? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Hi all, sorry in advance if this has been answered before, I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    I rang Sky to cancel my tv subscription but was told I can't as I'm in contract until september. They did say that they had a covid package for 10 euro a month which was the basic channels. When I asked what they were, the guy couldn't tell me as he didn't know which channels were on it. I've googled and come up with nothing. Would anyone know what the channels on the covid package are? Thanks in advance.

Hhmmm id prob take that for a few months So i could Series but get rid of the rest as long as there was no contract
    Damn you Sky just let me go :D

That's a new one on me, I'd say they're losing a lot of customers as people have to trim their finances as it's looking like this covid is going to drag on into the autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Ok.... Sky turned off Sports, Movies and HD today as part of my haggling process to get my bill down

What kind of offers can I expect to be offered to return. Anyone forget any text/ messages of good deals to upgrade to the above

Am on Q Basic plus mini box for €55.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Masala wrote: »
    Ok.... Sky turned off Sports, Movies and HD today as part of my haggling process to get my bill down

What kind of offers can I expect to be offered to return. Anyone forget any text/ messages of good deals to upgrade to the above

Thanks

Expect a call.

Thanks

You'll need to ring them they won't contact you. They only start sending out offers when you're shut off completely. All my offers are almost ended, I'm going to pay the full money until my contract ends in May and cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Thanks

I cancelled everything cut me off on Sunday after 31 days notice (the young lad was not happy with Sky Sports gone for the big game) but got a call Monday and then again yesterday evening 40% off hold firm you will get a satisfactory outcome

I cancelled everything cut me off on Sunday after 31 days notice (the young lad was not happy with Sky Sports gone for the big game) but got a call Monday and then again yesterday evening 40% off hold firm you will get a satisfactory outcome

What is the 40% off?

CoBo55 wrote: »
    You'll need to ring them they won't contact you. They only start sending out offers when you're shut off completely. All my offers are almost ended, I'm going to pay the full money until my contract ends in May and cancel.

They called me multiple times last week until I answered.

What is the 40% off?

Everything across the board entertainment now signature package / Sky Sports / Sky Sports Extra BT Pack / HD / Cinema

They called me multiple times last week until I answered.

Are you shut off completely? They've never rang me after I cancelled parts of my package.

Everything across the board entertainment now signature package / Sky Sports / Sky Sports Extra BT Pack / HD / Cinema

Is it for the 12 months? 40% off the whole package? I'd go for that:D

That's the biggest discount I've heard offered by Sky in a long time.
    OOC did you have multi room as well, if so, did it apply to that as well as they used to refuse to apply the discount to that?

Are you shut off completely? They've never rang me after I cancelled parts of my package.

Never rang me either after I closed my account that was over 15 years in existence.

cancelled most of the package.

That's the biggest discount I've heard offered by Sky in a long time.
    OOC did you have multi room as well, if so, did it apply to that as well as they used to refuse to apply the discount to that?

Yes I have one extra box !

Is it for the 12 months? 40% off the whole package? I'd go for that:D

Yes the whole package

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

They'll only ring you if you are opted into marketing calls

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Anyone on the basic €41 pm, who got a better offer through cancellation attempt? If so, what was the lowest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Anyone on the basic €41 pm, who got a better offer through cancellation attempt? If so, what was the lowest?

€26.50 for me

Is there anyway of getting a call back anymore ?
    Used to go through the sky reps here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Got the basic package last Oct for €30 down from €40 odd.
    Was adamant I was going to leave if there was no give on their side. Plenty of other stuff to watch with Netflix, Prime, Discovery etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Cancelled in mid January after a best offer of €31 pm for the basic package. Was advised a return parcel for the Skybox would be posted out.

No sign of that but did get a call from them today as the month's notice period was almost up. First offer was €23 pm, no haggling my side. Could possibly have stuck it out for €19.99 or something close but for the On demand boxsets and docs and very handy recording capability which I make huge use of as I have a pathological aversion to ads, then I'm very happy at €23.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

i was paying €21 a year ago before i left, had 3/4 calls throughout the year trying to get me back, but in the last 2 weeks i have had about 5/6 calls which i haven't answered, wonder if they can beat €21, don't miss it to be honest.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    i was paying €21 a year ago before i left, had 3/4 calls throughout the year trying to get me back, but in the last 2 weeks i have had about 5/6 calls which i haven't answered, wonder if they can beat €21, don't miss it to be honest.

Was that Q or Sky+

What number are people using to get through ?
    I always requested a call back through the sky reps here before they closed the forum :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Was that Q or Sky+
    sky+

Advertisement