Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 :Round 1 Bahrain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Faugheen wrote: »
    But they use their hatred to cloud their judgement of his driving ability.

Nobody's doubting his ability, but he does get his fair share of the luck and he cheated today and got away with it. No way in hell any driver was not aware of track limits on any part of the circuit.

We hate Lewis because he's a complete and utter twat.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It was a great race but he still whinges like an aul wan. Not much has changed.

Plenty of whinging from Max today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭McFly85

My favourite battle of the race!

Oh I so didn’t want Hamilton to win there just to make it exciting. But, oh my, that final few laps had me screaming at the tv.

Exactly! I want exciting racing, and that’s certainly what we got today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

It’s really hard to take F1 seriously as a sport when there’s a different set of rules for Mercedes and everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Superb drive from Hamilton and a clinic in tyre management as always, but lack of patience really cost Max there.

He inevitably would have caught Lewis on the straight at the end of that lap if he had more patience.

Fantastic races from Norris, Leclerc and Tsunoda especially but my driver of the day is Perez.

Hopefully he will get some luck going forward and that we get plenty of opportunities to see what he can really do in that car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Zookey123 wrote: »
    And.. here we go with the excuses.

You love Lewis. We get it

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

The excuses on this forum everytime he wins. "Oh he is in the best car, he gets special treatment, Max in the same car would destroy him blah blah". RB have a very good car this year maybe a slight advantage on merc. 10 lap older tires and still Max couldnt beat him. So whats the excuses now guys?

Give it a rest ffs, you're the only one flagging it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Nobody's doubting his ability, but he does get his fair share of the luck and he cheated today and got away with it. No way in hell any driver was not aware of track limits on any part of the circuit.

Max was told by his own engineer to take advantage of that. So was he cheating too?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

That was a fantastic race. The battles throughout were really good. Both Max and Lewis were on another planet on the last 10 laps of the race. Throughly enjoyable first race of the season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Lougho

Absolutely brilliant race by lewis. I watches it with friends who had him wrote off on grounds his hards wouldn't hold to a 2 stop strategy.

Once again showing he is the Greatest of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Max was told by his own engineer to take advantage of that. So was he cheating too?

You realize that was in response to Hamilton doing it beforehand and getting away with it? Give your head a wobble

He gave the position back immediately.

Loads of people doubt his ability.

For anyone to say ‘nobody doubts his ability’ is chatting complete and utter nonsense. Every race there is some excuse that undermines his ability and it’s because people think he’s a complete and utter twat.

‘Cheated today and got away with it’. Exactly my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

That was clearly Horner’s classic mind games. The if they won’t call it well do it too so. And it worked. Quickly after all of them were told to stop so it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

He wasn't doing it, that's the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Mercedes-Benz and Red Bull still miles ahead. Remember Bottas had a disaster of a pitstop and still had enough of a gap to Norris in 4th to put in a stop for softs to go after the fastest lap point.

This was a long time before the overtake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

quokula wrote: »
    It’s really hard to take F1 seriously as a sport when there’s a different set of rules for Mercedes and everyone else.

You can't possibly be suggesting it's okay to overtake another car with all 4 wheels off the track?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

He was referring to both drivers exceeding track limits at turn four throughout the race I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

and then race control put an end to it. Hamilton may well have gained 3-4 seconds over Max before Max pitted meaning he has more to make up after, leaving fewer laps to attempt the overtake.

Quite simple. Every breach of track limits = 1 second stationary prior to a pit stop. [exclude lap 1]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Good drive by Lewis. Even though I find him a boring character on the grid can’t deny he’s some driver.

Hoping that today is a sign of more battling this year to come.

Be interesting to get Perez in the mix.

Seems unfortunately rest of teams still a good bit behind Red Bull and Merc. But who knows what will happen!

Entertaining start to the year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Lougho

skipper_G wrote: »
    You can't possibly be suggesting it's okay to overtake another car with all 4 wheels off the track?

Next they will be saying cross the sand on an open hair pin to gain an advantage is acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Lawlesz wrote: »
    You realize that was in response to Hamilton doing it beforehand and getting away with it? Give your head a wobble

So Lewis does it and its cheating, but when Max does the same " He is just responding to Lewis". Breaching the track limits is either cheating or its not. Also its up to the stewards to enforce this rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Very subdued podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

BrentMused wrote: »
    Superb drive from Hamilton and a clinic in tyre management as always, but lack of patience really cost Max there.

He inevitably would have caught Lewis on the straight at the end of that lap if he had more patience.

Completely agree with this. I guess because of the usual Merc dominance Max hasn’t quite gained the experience of patience and being clever in the latter stages. As Brundle says, he could have waited until turn 13/14 to let Lewis pass so then he would get DRS on the home straight and retake the position - that sort of thinking comes with experience. Tactics from RB also seemed out of character but I’m guessing that was to get Perez up to top-5 to act as a block.

Hats off to Perez though and a lot of other drivers. It’s refreshing to see so many teams in the mix and some proper racing across the top and middle of field.

Also, delighted Mazepin crashed out on lap 1. Hopefully he learns a bit of humility!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Jaysus, three weeks until the next race!

Faugheen wrote: »
    Loads of people doubt his ability.

For anyone to say ‘nobody doubts his ability’ is chatting complete and utter nonsense. Every race there is some excuse that undermines his ability and it’s because people think he’s a complete and utter twat.

‘Cheated today and got away with it’. Exactly my point.

How much of a cumulative advantage did he get from all those laps when he went out of limits? Add it up and see what you get at the end of the race.

Blinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Max and Bottas have no interest in celebrations...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,085 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

3 weeks to the next race!

• Advertisement

To everyone saying Mercedes cheated.

Show me where Lewis Hamilton overtook someone in this race with all four wheels off the track?

Otherwise, you’re comparing apples and oranges.

Advertisement