Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Stranger Things

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

OK, I'm back. I fixed the hot water so I had a lovely shower and nice thai red curry, so...

tenor.gif?itemid=14534505

I definitely think Wendy is the most village of the three in that pot, so I'm leaning to Conor and Steve. I think Jake is right that we should try to target the HoS but I think that's Steve, based purely on these posts from last night...
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    I was gonna pick Conor but I wantes to gamble as I feel Conor is someone I wanna see lynched.
    Trigger wrote: »
    She thinks conor is the Head of security

I don't think Abi would have said that, then shot Conor. I know she was pretty rogue but that doesn't stack up at all. I've no idea why her lean was on Conor being HoS but I think Steve is our man now

Jake, Angus - I think we should call a ceasefire amongst ourselves today, I fear if we give too much away about our opinions within the three of us then the wolves could munch in a way to back up a bad theory. For example, if I said I was sure it was A and was wrong, they munch me and it looks to confirm my theory

duffman13 wrote: »
    The Americans on the base were still annoyed by the untimely death of Sam and all of his expertise. As morning broke, a trip into Hawkins seen the arcade smashed to pieces. As they drove back out of town, they seen Abigail walking towards the arcade merrily whistling a tune.

They floored the jeep and startled Abi who quickly managed to fire a shot off before spiralling into the air. The Shot failed

Abigail WW is dead, they were Will Byers

Also, I can't believe those b
    smashed up our arcade, I want to play a game :mad:

HERRO?!

7832i1.png

tenor.gif?itemid=14205826

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

giphy.gif

You smirked Trig, I know you did!

So - why do you think Conor over Steve?
    I can't get anything suggesting roles, allegiance is hard enough, so all I can see is that post from Abi. Do you think she was bluffing there as well and shot Conor?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    You smirked Trig, I know you did!

So - why do you think Conor over Steve?
    I can't get anything suggesting roles, allegiance is hard enough, so all I can see is that post from Abi. Do you think she was bluffing there as well and shot Conor?

I wasn't shot. I seriously doubt I had bodyguard protection so either steve or wendy is bulletproof wolf.

Conor WW wrote: »
    I wasn't shot. I seriously doubt I had bodyguard protection so either steve or wendy is bulletproof wolf.
    You would say that :D

I'd like to know what Trigger thinks

tenor.gif?itemid=14769617

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

The Good:
    Trigger - Eleven
    Barbara WW - Joyce Byers

The Dead:
    ASLVB - Demogorgon
    Necro - NRV / Converted

Clodagh WW - Sam Owens
    Fiona WW -NRV
    Frank WW - NRV
    Katie WW - NRV
    JP Liz V1 - NRV
    Eva WW - NRV
    Kathleen Grant - NRV
    Abigail WW - Will Byers

The Remaining: 3 Wolves, 4 Village (1 Roles)
    Angus WW - peeked good
    Brendan WW - peeked good
    Jake WW - peeked good

Steve WW
    Conor WW
    Wendy WW

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

You would say that :D

I'd like to know what Trigger thinks

Yeah its probably a bit late for independent thought at this stage.

• Advertisement

That was close, sorry kathleen, had to self pres.
    I voted from phone, did have time to catch up before now. Set the alarm at 17:12 to put in self pres vote on KG.

I presume this meant didnt
    My alarm was for 8:55 and i'd guess it took me less than two minutes to fill out the form, so 8:57.

I keep thinking about this exchange. Your last post on the thread was at 15:18 saying you couldnt get the game to work. Why Self Pres on Kathleen, how would you that people where going to vote for Kathleen.

I think when you woke at 8:55, it was easier to check your backroom to see where to place your vote, hell id even go as far as say that you asked someone to post close around that time in your backroom with the answer so you didnt have to spend time looking.

Apart from your back n forth with Jake, the majority of your posts are asking people to expand on their opinions/ asking questions of people. you havent really put much out there yourself.

Also..... Happy 16,000 post to me!!!

sorry, that should say 3 wolves, 3 village.

Right now we're in a 6 village vs 3 wolves scenario.

If wolves shoot, we're down to 5 v 3
    If we lynch village, we're down to 4 v 3
    If the wolves get a munch in, we're down to 3 v 3 and it's game over, wolf win.

So we have to be sure about the lynch tonight to give the village any chance.

Of the three total unknowns, Wendy seems most villagery. Steve is where my lynch vote is going tonight because I think I was right day one about him. I think the total team is Angus / Conor / Steve. Possibly Jake alpha and Conor and Steve. If Brendan is the alpha, he has me well played because I still don't think it's him.

Steve WW wrote: »

why don't you lead by example and give us some independent thought instead of spending the whole game being unnecessarily agressive in every post?

Barbara WW wrote: »
    sorry, that should say 3 wolves, 3 village.

Right now we're in a 6 village vs 3 wolves scenario.

If wolves shoot, we're down to 5 v 3
    If we lynch village, we're down to 4 v 3
    If the wolves get a munch in, we're down to 3 v 3 and it's game over, wolf win.

So we have to be sure about the lynch tonight to give the village any chance.

Of the three total unknowns, Wendy seems most villagery. Steve is where my lynch vote is going tonight because I think I was right day one about him. I think the total team is Angus / Conor / Steve. Possibly Jake alpha and Conor and Steve. If Brendan is the alpha, he has me well played because I still don't think it's him.

Currently in a 5 v 3

If you scroll up you'll see my independent thought ;)
    I don't think Abi would have said that, then shot Conor. I know she was pretty rogue but that doesn't stack up at all. I've no idea why her lean was on Conor being HoS but I think Steve is our man now

why don't you lead by example and give us some independent thought instead of spending the whole game being unnecessarily agressive in every post?

Yawn. I've been doing that for three days. Caught Clodagh with my own observations but seems we're just going to lynch me anyway.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Yawn. I've been doing that for three days. Caught Clodagh with my own observations but seems we're just going to lynch me anyway.
    Abi took a shot at you and it didn't hit. That means you must be HoS, thats just the game rules.

Angus I had a good lean on during the game. Brendan I've not really looked at he's just been flapping around. Gun to head from those two right now I'd say Brendan.

Don’t you think now is as good a time as any then to go find that elusive Alpha Wolf? You want the village to win don’t you? Even if you are lynched tonight.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Don’t you think now is as good a time as any then to go find that elusive Alpha Wolf? You want the village to win don’t you? Even if you are lynched tonight.

I would love to but today I don't have the time for reasons ye don't need to know here. If its between me and Conor then Conor gets my vote.

:pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I am now on Day 2 of Steve's posts - and this post is actually quite relevant.
    I would like to point out that at this stage we didn't know who demi-g was LeVar, so we can presume that they hadn't revealed their identities to each other? This is the basis of my speculation.
    Clodagh voted but hasn't posted at all?

Trigger points out that she had x number of posts but staying under the radar:
    I have no recollection of any of those. Better get looking.
    Another example of a wolf not reading the thread?

After the read:
    Well that didn't take long. Neutral enough stuff. Mentions Katie being of concern, votes for Katie. Theory that she was the doraemon because there was no conversion was an interesting take but very vaguely put.

Seems fine so far.
    Wendy WW wrote: »
    Or fluffy, towing the line so she doesn't stand out?
    One can look at this things in many many ways :D
    True. Is that what you're getting from her posts?
    In the above Steve is looking for my opinion on what I think of Clodagh, and actually not making up his own mind (after saying she seemed fine).

Steve then moves onto Fiona:
    Just looking through Fionas posts (all 14 of them) nothing really there either apart from chat about the arcade game.

Fiona WW why did you vote Angus?

He bows out of the thread, and then the next post is back at LeVar who had accused him of not doing much so far:
    Sorry for the long quote post but If someone is going to accuse me of doing nothing it seems only fair to point out that their sum contribution so far has been mostly waffle. Where are your independent ideas or looking for wolf clues?

I do appreciate you answering me at 11:48 so not giving me time to answer straight away before the embargo.

How am I supposed to get a read on someone without asking questions? Hope that someone slips like Katie? Kinda unreasonable.

The two most useful posts you have are answering questions I asked, so scrutinize me all you want. While the village is focused on this dermamegatron hunt, I'm at least trying to get info out of people. We had the problem yesterday where we got to lynch and no one had really said anything. The same thing is happening today.

Also @LeVar:
    What do you want to know from me so? I'm on now for a bit.
    Here he points out the main point everyone was saying about demi-g stopping us from finding wolves. The thread had swung towards lynching Clodagh a bit at this stage. He calls Jake out as village (as had a few others) for the work done on the swaps.
    Thoughts? The doritonomer hunt is causing wolf hunting issues, but is a necessary evil because of the conversion mechanic. The plus side is the wolves should be as eager as us to find it.

Findind it hard to nail down and honest to goodness votes. I'd be on Clodagh now, but they have work so they say so might be unfair on them.

I'd have Jake as my strongest village lean as I don't think any wolf goes to the trouble of tracking the swops like that when it's their only chance of not being in the dormammu group.

@Trigger:
    Hardest game I've played to find baddies for me. Hunt and posting blocks are giving scrapes to go on. Players like yourself and Brendan catch my eye because you post a lot, but there's nowt there when examined. Even looking for padding posts is difficult as everyone is doing it.

@KathleenGrant re: Clodagh "Findind it hard to nail down and honest to goodness votes. I'd be on Clodagh now, but they have work so they say so might be unfair on them."
    You think a wolf would keep one foot in the game no matter what? It's a bit meta but it makes sense I guess.
    See, I read those Clodagh posts and a player keeping their toe in the game is what I see.
    This is the first mention of "keeping their toe in the game" - which was actually raised by Kathleen and not Steve.

Clearing Jake as village:
    For me, Jake had a post tracking people swapping places in the run up to the posting blocks. I don't think a wolf does that, especially after it was mentioned wolves would have to move places if they were blocked together.
    Yeah so thats what I mean re: Jake.

I don't think a wolf puts in that kind of effort to try and nail wolves as a cover.

I said I'd be looking for a wolf if I was Demi-g, and Angus was my lean from the previous day:
    If I was a demooohmergaawd I'd be after the seer. Super useful power to build village cred with. Eleven would be nice but I think whoever got that would be fairly happy to not give any clues, theres no benefit to breadcrumbing the role.

At 17:11 - but no real reason given why Clodagh throughout the posts.
    My FFA

#1 Clodagh
    #2 Fiona
    #3 Dont really have a third hard suspect (unless we can lynch necro then its necro lolz jokezzzz)
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    Steve spent yesterday firing questions at various players but giving little of his own opinion felt wolfy and Brendan I am in two minds about still trying to decide whether he is wolf but leaning village
    Can we knock this nonsense on the head please. In what version of WW is asking players to explain themselves Wolfy behaviour.

You want my opinions, they are out there on thread but if you want to know something feel free to ask instead of this shade throwing silliness.
    IMO I haven't seen much in the way of opinions to date. And while I accept there is nuance in text, this post comes across a bit more aggressive than others (like the response to LeVar did also).

Brendan said that there were a few players with no FFA - Steve immediately posts (if I was cynical you could argue planned in their back room):
    I did an ffa and had Clodagh at #1

Technically no I don't think so:
    Ah Look I technically called two baddies in my FFA :pac:
    You didn't know Clodagh was a team mate at this stage.

• Advertisement

Sorry for that bible

Lots to catch up on here, morning all.
    Where did the shot go??
    Jake must be the lynch tonight then?
    Cool your jets, I'm catching up.

Abi took a shot at jake did she not? Any last words Jake? And it failed?
    Steve has done more with less posts than most here. Look away, im good.
    Careful how you twist words bucko. I asked the rolled villagers their thoughts on the run off as they are trustworthy. I believe it was trigger who said it was a waste, so I kept my vote on Kathleen, who I had declared on thread I would be voting for.
    If you're gonna throw out unfounded accusations, then you shouldn't be really complaining if others do it to you? Pot/Kettle and all that.
    I was the one who brought attention to Clodagh. I had my discussion with Kathleen about what the non posting could mean, and decided it was a wolf and voted as I said I would ON THREAD. If she was a wolf buddy, then why would I do that when she hadn't come up?
    Again, I was the one who picked Clodagh as a wolf based on the shallow post number. Not present but posting to keep their toe in the game was what I said.
    Bus the only wolf will a definite kill besides the munch? Yeah, definite genius maneuver that.
    Abi took a shot at you and it didn't hit. That means you must be HoS, thats just the game rules.

Angus I had a good lean on during the game. Brendan I've not really looked at he's just been flapping around. Gun to head from those two right now I'd say Brendan.
    Well then Abi if you're reading this from Heaven why the hell did you ask Jake if they have any last words??? ffs like
    Wendy, do the job properly instead of deciding im a wolf and picking things to suit the fairy tail you've constructed in your head. Your confirmation bias is showing.

I would love to but today I don't have the time for reasons ye don't need to know here. If its between me and Conor then Conor gets my vote.

All of Steves posts from today, still hanging onto the Clodagh thing, even though it was others who called it out and he jumped on that.

Accusing Jake of being HHOS was a bit of a weird one "Thats just the game rules"

I personally dont think he has been following the thread that much at all.

As some would say "Catch a lier, catch a wolf"

Day 3. Here we go.

Clears Angus as wolf, and again looks towards someone else for their opinion on who was wolf - very fishy.
    Not sure I'm seeing the wolf thing on Angus guys, going through posts now.

Active at the start, pretty fighty with Jake about the integrity of the first list. Doesn't mean village of course, just not the demimoore.

Suspicious of fiona, might get more info here depending on how fiona flips.

More chat about the lists for will to check.

Volunteers for peek.

Post #1035 is interesting

I think at least one of Trigger, Necro, Brendan and Abigail might be a wolf. Let me explain.

Abigail came out blazing on all cylinders, going after Necro for no reason, put a vote on him first thing and they got into an "argument" about absolutely nothing.

Then she became much calmer later on, even backing him up by agreeing with him about the conversion being announced on thread (which proved true) even though his conversion comments were one of the things she quoted in her post where she announced she was voting for Necro. Then

I got the feeling JP Liz V1 was hinting at being the seer. She wasn't -but the wolves did not know that.

Trigger is Lock Clear at this stage, Necro RIP

So Brendan and Abi as main subjects?

Is that still the case Angus?

Next post, clears Jake as village, forgets his team mate Conor was playing. Calls Angus possible Alpha. But again very wishy washy on their opinions, apart from Kathleen where most of the heat was on.
    Players still alive and what I think about them

Abigail WW Lock Clear as Will
    Angus WW ?Alpha Undecided
    Barbara WW Undecided
    Brendan WW Undecided
    Conor WW Forgot he was still playing
    Jake WW Village for me
    Kathleen Grant Suspect, check posts. Coasting?
    Trigger Lock Clear as 11
    Wendy WW Unknown, maybe depends on how Angus flips after going at him this morning.

Steve WW

Barbara claimed seer role
    Just seen it now, and no counter claim.

So which of your peeks do you trust?

I see Angus actively offered to be peeked, did Brendan do the same?
    Clodagh (wolf) voted for Kathleen and Angus (peeked good could be alpha) voted for Eva and it makes no sense.

The votes were tied and all it took was one of them to take out LeVar.

Kathleen didn’t vote either.

If Clodagh and Angus are team mates, what’s the play here?
    Trying not to vote on a wagon that would kill a wolf? A late change to save Clodagh would have been suspicious if she was caught later

Pulls together Kathleen's posts:
    Going through Kathleen's posts now.

Some fluff, some IRL stuff.

Queries if it matters what list we are in. Doesn't understand the plan, or wolf downplaying swaps.?

Defends Katie re: Backroom

Queries where Clodagh is.

You weren't just happy to volunteer though, you were very insistent and got extremely annoyed at not being on it and then afterwards you say to Will to concentrate on Group 2. I find that suspicious.
    Suspicious of Angus re: list

More disagreements with Angus over cherry picked posts.

Asking for information on people voting for katie if they are sticking to their choice.

If Duffman is only giving scores of games and not the winners names there was no need for Brendan to come forward but he did. I see no reason to distrust him.

Actually checking back Brendan didn't know names wouldn't be published. Still inclined to trust him for the moment.

Support for Brendan

I waited to make sure there was no issue with extra posters. So Liz was a strange munch unless the wolves thought she had a role. If conversions are announced at same time as peek results it appears peeks are pretty useless at the moment.

Actually you are right, they are not useless because if a person is peeked good we know they are not a wolf. They may not be guaranteed safe because of conversions but at least we are getting closer to identifying the wolves.

Peek chat.

Steve post this

Finding it hard to nail down and honest to goodness votes. I'd be on Clodagh now, but they have work so they say so might be unfair on them.

On the whole Clodagh work thing, yes that could indeed be a factor. If my work meant I could not post much or at all till late afternoon I would probably pull myself out of the game. But if I didn't I would post something to make me look ok. Her lack of text makes me think she is not a wolf because she doesn't seem to need to prove herself.

Possible Clodagh defence?

kathleen just popped up

OK just saying I Am village

Lynch me but you will be wrong

Ok so not much there. Two things stick out to me: One is looking where to vote. Asking if people are moving off Katie doesn't feel right to me. It feels like someone looking for a wagon. We saw this with Levar, who had a go at me when it was pointed out.

The other is Clodagh. We both looked at it at the same time and considered posting against alignment. Kath thought she wasn't a wolf and I went the other way. Now in fairness, Clod was subbed out eventually but in hindsight it looks like a wolf covering for a buddy who is having trouble keeping in the game.

Not sure what to make of the Angus posts. Doesn't feel like a fake team mate fight.
    Interesting to note the effort put into this post in comparison to Clodagh the day before.
    But then it means you voted for someone who you didn't think was a wolf, but voted because it was an easy wagon?

Again clears Jake as village:
    I appreciate the thought that's gone in to it but I don't buy a wolf going to all the trouble that Jake has, even highlighting the swap?

I have more uncertainty from Kathleen than anyone so I'll probably be voting there.

However, next post is in reference to Jake saying to run him and Conor for lynch this evening, Barbara asks what does that mean - now I have to admit I didn't follow it either, so if it is suss or not that Steve answered for him, I don't know.
    Have a vote off for the lynch, Jake vs Conor

And finally at 16:00
    I would prefer if the confirmed villagers make a call on the run off idea for later. I have a vote in already but if we're doing this it need to be decided asap.
    Kathleen Grant has been lynched. She was a NRV

Kathleen Grant Steve WW, Trigger, Wendy WW, Brendan WW, Barbara WW, Conor WW
    Conor WW Jake WW, Angus WW, Kathleen Grant, Abigail WW

So had a vote in at 4pm, doesn't say who. But last person to vote on Kathleen last night?

My training finished early today, so got to spend a bit of time on that, but that's my case against Steve. I have to go do some real work now. All I can say yet again is I am village, which is how I know Conor and Steve are both wolves.
    What is melting my brain, looking back on Steve's posts, is who the alpha is based on the posts. Have to remind myself that they might not have known that until end of Night 2, so will read back again to try see if there is any change after LeVar was killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

A shot has been fired

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

A shot has been fired

Barbara WW is dead - She was Joyce Byers - Seer

Just on today:
    It’s also worth noting that Steve, who had been my No1 “Jake can’t be anything but village” fan up until recently had the first vote on Kathleen even though he was all up for the run off between me and Conor.
    Careful how you twist words bucko. I asked the rolled villagers their thoughts on the run off as they are trustworthy. I believe it was trigger who said it was a waste, so I kept my vote on Kathleen, who I had declared on thread I would be voting for.

Just on the above, I don't think Steve was all up for the run off - he wanted to know what others thought so he could row in behind it. He did explain it for Jake though.
    However, Steve you say you kept your vote on Kathleen - so why are you the last one to vote in the list?
    Steve is a wolf. 100%
    If you're gonna throw out unfounded accusations, then you shouldn't be really complaining if others do it to you? Pot/Kettle and all that.
    Pot Kettle and all that indeed. Some nice wolf on wolf action here, but yet both are telling the truth :D
    I was the one who brought attention to Clodagh. I had my discussion with Kathleen about what the non posting could mean, and decided it was a wolf and voted as I said I would ON THREAD. If she was a wolf buddy, then why would I do that when she hadn't come up?
    Again, I was the one who picked Clodagh as a wolf based on the shallow post number. Not present but posting to keep their toe in the game was what I said.

No - you asked had she posted much - others had their eye on her too - you didn't know she was a wolf buddy at the time. Also, the keeping the toe in the game was a point raised by Kathleen not by you, and you jumped on it.

Sh*t - Abi why didn't you tell us who you aimed at!

4 v 3. Now I think. Mislynch and its game over..

• Advertisement

The first in the lynch voting list is the first to cast a vote.

RIP Barb (I can’t do gifs right now)

Advertisement