Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Stranger Things

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    The quietness here is really freaking me out. Wolves would stay silent if we're doing the wrong thing, wouldn't they?

I was actually getting some work done - have a fairly big deadline for tomorrow, so needed to shut off internet brain for a bit.
    I am shutting down the laptop now, and ordering a takeaway.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I am not taunting you - I still think there is a bit of pocketing happening - I am not calling you wolf for that. For me the jury is still out on Alpha. You might have been well clear, I was definitely 3rd highest post for a while now. You are just noticing now. I am posting more today, because I am on the offensive, that should be very clear from my posts. I want a village win on this one. I have to protect myself to get that win - and protecting myself is posting and highlighting how Steve and Conor are not village. I focused on Steve today, as I thought Conor was set for lynch, and it am in danger tomorrow. But I could just as easily have focused on Conor. But for me, neither of them are doing much today in the manner of defense - but everyone reads this differently.

Your post makes no sense though - you want Steve and Conor should both be lynched, but I am also a wolf? Is this trying to get some heat off yourself for the Alpha search? I think tomorrow we are going to be going round in circles again between me and Conor, and the Alpha will be lost in the middle of it all. I think tomorrow Conor and I will both be fighting to stay alive. You seem to think Conor won't be here tomorrow though based on your post? Do you think Hopper should use the bullet? I think Hopper should protect himself as that is how the village can win this, strength in numbers.

As for not explained - I wasn't caught up on the thread as I was reading back - I still think she shot at Conor as she hadn't mentioned Steve at all in her posts to that point. But as Trigger has pointed out, that is moot right now. I have moved my vote to Steve (I had declared Conor earlier today). It doesn't matter which one to me - both are wolves.

Barbara was shot because they can try talk their way out of me being village with Barbara gone - leave me alive, unpeeked, and it is a chance that I get killed before one of them. Also I am now unpeeked for the Alpha too - there is more doubt there. The other reason is they have no idea how Hopper's ability works. They don't know who Hopper is, and they couldn't take the chance of that shot missing.

You haven't addressed the fact you lied when Trigger mentioned your voting time

As for Steve/Conor/You - I don't want to rock the boat now and think we should stick but personally I'm going for Steve because I don't think Conor got shot and I thought that mattered. Now I honestly don't know and think it's better sticking at this point. My point is that I think there's all three of you are wolves. Barbara going means we can't get any more info and I feel like the wind is blowing towards the alpha being in the peeked three, I don't want to discount the possibility we're all good.

Your idea that she shot Conor because she hadn't mentioned Steve makes no sense because she specifically said she didn't pick Conor!

As for Hopper protecting - sounds like you don't want him shooting. If you're village then you know Steve and Conor are wolves. Lynch, shoot, two wolves gone. Only a 1 in 3 chance the wolves munch Hopper? So if we shoot there's a 1 in 3 chance we lose Hopper, if we don't there's only a 1 in 3 chance the protect amounts to anything. And realistically we're not getting to tomorrow night anyway so there's not much point to Hopper over any other villager. Shooting is absolutely the right move, and you're trying to stop it
    I was actually getting some work done - have a fairly big deadline for tomorrow, so needed to shut off internet brain for a bit.
    I am shutting down the laptop now, and ordering a takeaway.

Fair enough, but everyone's being very quiet, not just you. If our current plan was correct then the wolves would be trying to disrupt it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hopper should absolutely take a shot tonight if Steve is a wolf, possibility of going into munch at 5-1

Even with a mislynch he needs to take out the other for us to stay ahead of the game

Trigger wrote: »
    Hopper should absolutely take a shot tonight if Steve is a wolf, possibility of going into munch at 5-1
    4-1, but I take your point.

I really don't like Wendy trying to put us off.

• Advertisement

Me neither tbf but I'd prefer to look into that tomorrow

Me neither tbf but I'd prefer to look into that tomorrow
    Yeah, I think you're right. But Hopper has to shoot, I hope they agree themselves.

I just feel like I fixated on it being two in (Conor, Steve, Wendy) and one in (Jake, Angus, me) and I don't think I'm the only one. We really have to assess that in the morning before Jake, Angus and I start fighting amongst ourselves

As for Steve/Conor/You - I don't want to rock the boat now and think we should stick but personally I'm going for Steve because I don't think Conor got shot and I thought that mattered. Now I honestly don't know and think it's better sticking at this point. My point is that I think there's all three of you are wolves. Barbara going means we can't get any more info and I feel like the wind is blowing towards the alpha being in the peeked three, I don't want to discount the possibility we're all good.

Your idea that she shot Conor because she hadn't mentioned Steve makes no sense because she specifically said she didn't pick Conor!

As for Hopper protecting - sounds like you don't want him shooting. If you're village then you know Steve and Conor are wolves. Lynch, shoot, two wolves gone. Only a 1 in 3 chance the wolves munch Hopper? So if we shoot there's a 1 in 3 chance we lose Hopper, if we don't there's only a 1 in 3 chance the protect amounts to anything. And realistically we're not getting to tomorrow night anyway so there's not much point to Hopper over any other villager. Shooting is absolutely the right move, and you're trying to stop it

Fair enough, but everyone's being very quiet, not just you. If our current plan was correct then the wolves would be trying to disrupt it

Or they know the game is up and better to not draw attention to the Alpha

Or they know the game is up and better to not draw attention to the Alpha
    Maybe. Either way something's not right. Since 5:30 (end of work, yeah?) there's been 18 posts, and 6 of them were me. Like I said, it freaks me out

• Advertisement

I didn't lie about my time. I voted when I logged off the PC,and I posted on the thread at the time.

I am trying to stop Hopper shooting for the best chance of a village win. Wolves win once they reach parity with village. So Hopper shoots, leaving the chance he gets munched tomorrow morning, and one wrong decision and it's a village lose. Hopper protects himself tonight and shoots after the munch village is in a much stronger position.

I agree about the quietness on the thread but it was work hours etc. Wolves are just sitting back laughing at us tying ourselves up in knots.

But all I say is I don't know why you are pushing for Hopper to shoot, if Hopper is unprotected:

Munch - 1 in 3 chance of hitting Hopper
    After this, you now have me (unpeeked), Alpha and ANOther. Trigg is immortal. I'm next for lynch because unpeaked. And then you have a munch, for the last remaining player. Game over. Wolves win.

If they don't hit Hopper, yes it works out better, but the worst case scenario is laid out above as best I can work out.

My takeaway is taking an age to arrive, and I'm getting hangry right now, so I'm stepping away again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Reminder - Don't forget to vote

https://forms.gle/Ur5weattwseXhxTR7

You did...
    Trigger said you were undecided at 7:30
    She definitely had her vote in earlier on KG and but said she was undecided at 7.30 so
    You said...
    Nope

But he was right...
    It goes without saying protect should be on seer tonight.

I'm still head melted about who I am voting for. I am leaning towards Kathleen, but I am only just turning off the work PC now, and haven't had a chance to read back yet.

My point isn't specifically about the time, it's that you so quickly denied what Trigger was saying while you were under fire from Abi's fake peek. I think you somehow second guessed that she was lying so were just denying everything, and that is verifiable

OK, if you're village then Steve is 100% wolf, right? Munch him it's 4-2.
    Then Conor is 100% wolf, right? Shoot him, it's 4-1
    Munch and it's 3-1

If Hopper doesn't shoot it's 4-2. Munch and it's 3-2. Mislynch and we lose.

We're not making it to tomorrow night, Hopper is just another villager come the morning. Allowing a wolf to live to protect Hopper makes zero sense

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Dog-tired today, apologies

Abigail played a great game but she really should have made it clear who she shot. 

I mean it looks like she made it clear that she shot Jake, but Jake peeks good, the shot from HOS security goes off and the HOS cannot peek good, so Abi could not have shot Jake-so why say "any last words Jake?"

It has created a mass of confusion.

Steve hasn't done himself any favours but Abigail never mentioned Steve last night and left not a single clue indicating Steve.

Abigail voted for Conor, tried to bluff Wendy and declared to the whole world he was shooting Jake. I feel like Abigail was smarter to say "I'm shooting Jake" and then shoot Jake and so it proved.

Abigail sure as hell didn't shoot Steve. He couldn't have shot Jake or Brendan as they peeked good and aren't HOS.
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    Brendan reacted very fast.... a good sign IMO that hes good.

Here Abigail thinks Brendan is good. All I can say is I've never liked Brendan at all from Day 1.

He seemed to think Jake and Conor were teammates. I'm not sure I agree there either. 

But it's not important for now.

Here is Abigail liking Wendy after the peek bluff. Is he just bluffing again or does he genuinely trust her? I cannot tell.
    For what its worth, I believe Wendy.... the anger seened genuine.
    I like Wendys post.

It keeps the wolves guessing and shoukd be considered.

Here:
    Jakes and Conor are good bets to be wolves

He spells it out clear as day. There is no mention of Steve AT ALL.
    Everyone needs to vote for who they believe is a wolf.
    My peek needs to be in by 930pm tonight....

I will my my choice depending on who is lynched.

Conor was second in the lynch with four votes was it?

Abigail voted for Conor and Kathleen Grant was lynched with a last minute vote by Conor.

No way am I voting Steve. 

The vote should be between Conor and Wendy.

Clarify - it's verifiable that you lied about one fact, not that you were flatly denying everything, but that's my deduction

But Angus - after Abi placed the shot order she said she didn't pick Conor...
    I was gonna pick Conor but I wantes to gamble as I feel Conor is someone I wanna see lynched.

Well maybe that was a bluff? How do you respond to the rest of my post?

Where is the evidence she picked Steve?

Why is this thread so quiet?

Where has Jake gone? Has he ever been quieter?

Where's Conor?

Heck, where's Steve for that matter?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I didn't lie about my time. I voted when I logged off the PC,and I posted on the thread at the time.

I am trying to stop Hopper shooting for the best chance of a village win. Wolves win once they reach parity with village. So Hopper shoots, leaving the chance he gets munched tomorrow morning, and one wrong decision and it's a village lose. Hopper protects himself tonight and shoots after the munch village is in a much stronger position.

Who should hopper protect if they cannot protect themselves?

It would be better for hopper to shoot you, as you are 100% wolf, rather than ending up putting a useless protection on a wolf, who was never in danger of being munched.
    Trigger is in no need of the protection.

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »

I just don't see why. Bluffing Jake made sense, in case he comes out and says "well, it was fun", although she left it very late for that. Bluffing not shooting Conor doesn't bring anything out of the woodwork. I think she was specifically saying she believed him to be the HoS. I don't know why, but sadly she was wrong. I'd also guess she didn't anticipate getting munched and planned to explain the games to us

I agree there's no evidence she picked Steve or Wendy, other than the fact it was one of those three and I don't think it was Conor.

I'll look at the rest now...

I think I'm going to vote Conor.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

You did...

You said...

But he was right...

My point isn't specifically about the time, it's that you so quickly denied what Trigger was saying while you were under fire from Abi's fake peek. I think you somehow second guessed that she was lying so were just denying everything, and that is verifiable

OK, if you're village then Steve is 100% wolf, right? Munch him it's 4-2.
    Then Conor is 100% wolf, right? Shoot him, it's 4-1
    Munch and it's 3-1

If Hopper doesn't shoot it's 4-2. Munch and it's 3-2. Mislynch and we lose.

We're not making it to tomorrow night, Hopper is just another villager come the morning. Allowing a wolf to live to protect Hopper makes zero sense

I am not a wolf. Show me how I am 100% wolf? where is your peek result, how have you come to this conclusion, its wrong and its a lie.

How did you feel about Wendy's reaction last night to the peak, there has to be at least 2 wolves in conor/steve/Wendy, hell there could be 3.

Overall I feel that Wendy has a more village lean at this moment than the other two, I'm basing that on the whole game rather than one small part from one poster last night, why are you only focusing on just that?

Its no skin off my nose who should be lynched first, but for me, its between those Conor/Steve

You did...

You said...

But he was right...

I read it as him saying I lied, I didn't lie about when I voted. That was the nope.
    I want to read the rest of your post on Hopper before commenting further on it, I was trying different outcomes on paper earlier, but didn't do all, so I want to take time to consider it

Wendy and Brendan?

Jake and Wendy?

Conor and Brendan?

Jake and Conor?

There's a tag team in there somewhere folks.

Steve could be a wolf, but I don't think he's the one who was shot at last night.

I think I'm going to vote Conor.
    One of my fears with the quiet was that there'd be a late flurry of confusion to try to sow chaos and panic. I'm not moving my vote
    Conor WW wrote: »
    I am not a wolf. Show me how I am 100% wolf? where is your peek result, how have you come to this conclusion, its wrong and its a lie.
    That was all under "if Wendy was village"
    How did you feel about Wendy's reaction last night to the peak, there has to be at least 2 wolves in conor/steve/Wendy, hell there could be 3.

Overall I feel that Wendy has a more village lean at this moment than the other two, I'm basing that on the whole game rather than one small part from one poster last night, why are you only focusing on just that?

Its no skin off my nose who should be lynched first, but for me, its between those Conor/Steve
    That aimed at me Trigger?
    My point there was more it negates any good feeling from her reaction. Since then she said Abi shot Conor, which I think is wrong. And that Hopper shouldn't shoot which is wolf preservation through and through

Her reaction seemed genuine-she could be alpha too however.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that overall Wendy has been better than Conor in this game.

This might be the death knoll, but nobody else in this thread seems to be mentioning it. Abi aimed the gun at me, and I am HoHS. Which I'm not, but that's the other option which nobody has mentioned.
    If Conor or Steve were actually village, why haven't they pointed this out before now?

• Advertisement

I agree on the Conor shot. There is nothing pointing to Steve being on her radar

Advertisement