Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next%- the ongoing debate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

OOnegative wrote: »
    TbL couldn’t run a sub 19 100m let alone 5k in cheat shoes......

Your boots quaking yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Your boots quaking yet?

Why would my boots be quaking?

Why would my boots be quaking?

Looking like you might eat those words. I hadn't realised Tbl had a pacer and all lined up. Never mind B, I had just read this thread then his log and awkwardly connected dots.

Looking like you might eat those words. I hadn't realised Tbl had a pacer and all lined up. Never mind B, I had just read this thread then his log and awkwardly connected dots.

My comment you quoted was a joke & wasn’t meant for anyone to be quaking in there boots or for words to be eaten. I know full well what C is capable of and he proved it emphatically yesterday.

My comment you quoted was a joke & wasn’t meant for anyone to be quaking in there boots or for words to be eaten. I know full well what C is capable of and he proved it emphatically yesterday.

I realised that. Can't do smilies on the mobile site :-( too true it was a testament to Tbl and the shoes. I've yet to try them out so very curious indeed.

Getting back on topic it looks like the Next%2 is will be a cheaper price point. Maybe something to do with all the Alphaflys in store and scarcity of other brand super shoes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Sorry for the minor derail but has anyone bought directly from Hoka since Brexit made a balls of shopping without worry?
    Their shipments to Ireland are handled by Global-e and I can't get a straight answer out of them about where they ship from

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Sorry for the minor derail but has anyone bought directly from Hoka since Brexit made a balls of shopping without worry?
    Their shipments to Ireland are handled by Global-e and I can't get a straight answer out of them about where they ship from

Not Hoka, but Inov8 and the order was fulfilled by Global-e.
    As promised, no extra VAT or duty on my order (value €180) - can't say where it shipped from, but obviously customs was taken care of properly by the sender.

(On the same note, Amazon UK seems to have most of their vendors in order - i.e. they are removing UK VAT and applying the Irish VAT so no surprises on delivery)

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Yes, TBH I would rather better my 5k/10k PB in my regular shoes so that I know I have really improved - however come race day, I'd prefer not to be giving 30 secs or more advantage to others in my age group!

So took 20 seconds off my (over-50) 10k PB last week wearing the Tempo Next%, down to 41:30. Doesn't feel like an honest PB though. I'm 4 years older, haven't done any interval work since December, and my honest expectation would have been around 42:30 based on recent training efforts.

TBH at 41:50 it was a soft target given a 5k of 19:11 the same season, I just never seemed to get a good crack at it through injury or weather on race day (and I've twice ran 10 miles at the same pace in the meantime).

Funny thing while pushing hard in the later stages was my calves feeling almost flaccid, rather than the usual tightening up. And I felt zero after effects from the effort, no stiffness or DOMS straight out for my long run next morning.

No doubting the benefit of the shoes for me - I'll be putting them aside while I do a block of interval training and take a crack at my 10k, 10 mile and half-mar times in a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Sheedy234

Try Ready2run in tullamore I found them Great to Deal with and only 5 euro delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

I ordered a pair of Mach 4's 3 weeks ago and had no issue. Just looked at the tracking and delivery originated in Holland (NL).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Wottle

https://www.bbc.com/sport/wales/56489744.amp

Dewi Griffiths - free time but it's a level playing field

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Wottle wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/wales/56489744.amp

Dewi Griffiths - free time but it's a level playing field

Don't think anyone would argue anymore about the first bit. The level playing field, considering the cost of the shoes (for people who don't get them for free) is a bit more questionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

New version of the Next% is available now on the Nike app for members.

€249.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    New version of the Next% is available now on the Nike app for members.

€249.99

Old version on Alltricks for 220 too by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Are they not 198 with the code SWASHBUCKLER10 at checkout?

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Are they not 198 with the code SWASHBUCKLER10 at checkout?

:D
    That's my own special code that Alltricks created for my personal account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

:D
    That's my own special code that Alltricks created for my personal account.

You're missing a trick here P. All the online influencers have their own code so they get a commission on all the sales they direct to a site. You'd be rolling in it €€€€€€

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Alltricks not shipping to Ireland now? "We cannot ship an item / items due to restrictions"

demfad wrote: »
    Alltricks not shipping to Ireland now? "We cannot ship an item / items due to restrictions"

Hmm. Weird.. I got my Next% on Monday.

Jaysis........ You’ve issues man!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Jaysis........ You’ve issues man!!!!!!

Early Birthday present.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

My fault. I auto-filled the order and it didn't recognise the auto-filled 'Ireland' thus the error. Once I selected it from the country dropdown, all was OK. They are on the way!

Have another observation regarding super shoes that are quite different eg Endorphin speed vs Hoka One One Carbon2.

I was doing most of my running in the Suacony's and then switched to the Hokas for their first run. Hokas ran a looot slower for me.
    Anyway did a few runs on the Hokas, got the hang of them and then did a session in the Saucony's (threshold). Opposite result but same pattern, this time Saucony's running a lot slower!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

demfad wrote: »
    My fault. I auto-filled the order and it didn't recognise the auto-filled 'Ireland' thus the error. Once I selected it from the country dropdown, all was OK. They are on the way!

Have another observation regarding super shoes that are quite different eg Endorphin speed vs Hoka One One Carbon2.

I was doing most of my running in the Suacony's and then switched to the Hokas for their first run. Hokas ran a looot slower for me.
    Anyway did a few runs on the Hokas, got the hang of them and then did a session in the Saucony's (threshold). Opposite result but same pattern, this time Saucony's running a lot slower!

Are you sure it’s not yourself that’s running slower. ;)

So Chris Thomson, winner of the UK Olympic marathon trials, was wearing blacked out Nike's with permission of his sponsor.

https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/news/a35962429/shoes-chris-thompson/

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Butterbeans

So Chris Thomson, winner of the UK Olympic marathon trials, was wearing blacked out Nike's with permission of his sponsor.

https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/news/a35962429/shoes-chris-thompson/

It's great for him that his sponsor has allowed him to do that. Would it be the case that some athletes would do it without the go-ahead from their sponsor?
    In Thompson's case he's likely to wear Next% for Tokyo also. It's hard to see what his sponsor gains from this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

I suppose he's still raising the profile of ON running in a way. Its not a massive brand. Although sales on their carbon plate shoe if they have one isn't going to be helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Butterbeans

MY BAD wrote: »
    I suppose he's still raising the profile of ON running in a way. Its not a massive brand. Although sales on their carbon plate shoe if they have one isn't going to be helped.

Sure, and they obviously want their athlete(s) competing at the highest level.
    Going from the article, their carbon plate shoe is still a work in progress. I guess it's a short term solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭deisedude

Beth Potter set a new road 5k world record wearing the Asics competitor to Nike's carbon plate shoes.

Previous PB of 15:24 and runs 14:41

She is predominantly a triathlete these days.

Obviously she is a talented runner but she wouldn't have got within an arses roar of the record without the shoes.

It's not like she was a world class talent knocking on the door of the record previously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

deisedude wrote: »
    Beth Potter set a new road 5k world record wearing the Asics competitor to Nike's carbon plate shoes.

Previous PB of 15:24 and runs 14:41

She is predominantly a triathlete these days.

Obviously she is a talented runner but she wouldn't have got within an arses roar of the record without the shoes.

It's not like she was a world class talent knocking on the door of the record previously

does the previous holder of the record not have a pair of those shoes?

• Advertisement

Isn't it kind of irrelevant at this stage? Not many elites running in Asics GTS2000 bricks these days.

Advertisement