Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Vs Munster Pro 14 final build up thread

• 23-03-2021 11:51am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭

To save two team threads getting messy

Here's a thread for you to get you started

Munster looking for their first silverware in 10 years
    Leinster going for 4 in a row

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Jesus is it 10 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

going for 6 wins in a row over Munster.

and we all know, no one beats Munster 6 times in a row. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I think Munster should be able to keep this one VERY close (for the first 10 minutes)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Leinster are 3/10 to win, Munster 5/2. Handicap is 7 pts.

I think Munster are going to have a stronger XV on the day because of Leinster injuries and lads being rested, so I think this could be Munster's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster are 3/10 to win, Munster 5/2. Handicap is 7 pts.

I think Munster are going to have a stronger XV on the day because of Leinster injuries and lads being rested, so I think this could be Munster's day.

It's going to be close to full strength it seems. Which side that benefits more is an interesting question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

I'll reserve judgment until I see the teams.

They say the internationals are available, whether or not they will be selected (with an eye on Europe) is another question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I'm looking forward to this, I must admit....
    think we'll win by 20+ points.

What? Im allowed dream ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

They have to play full teams imo. Xmas interpros are one thing but if you're not playing full teams in final you're really saying competition doesn't matter so expect two first teams even if provinces wanted to rest players.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It's mental that we're even discussing the possibility of not fielding full strength teams for the league final in favour of rotation because we have European quarter finals the following week. The Rainbow Cup can't come fast enough, or some form of alternative.

ClanofLams wrote: »
    They have to play full teams imo. Xmas interpros are one thing but if you're not playing full teams in final you're really saying competition doesn't matter so expect two first teams even if provinces wanted to rest players.

Sexton was a sub in last years final

• Advertisement

It's mental that we're even discussing the possibility of not fielding full strength teams for the league final in favour of rotation because we have European quarter finals the following week. The Rainbow Cup can't come fast enough, or some form of alternative.

It's two European games back to back in the Round of 16 and QF.
    Anyway, by the sounds of it the teams will be close to full strength.

Blame competition organisers, who have devalued competition for the South Africans

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

bayern wrote: »
    Blame competition organisers, who have devalued competition for the South Africans

and covid of course

Devalued what exactly? The league has been terrible this season, long before the Rainbow Cup was a thing.

Can you explain what your issue is?

Mike Adamson to ref

We have a ref, Limericks Joy Neville is TMO :D

https://twitter.com/PRO14Official/status/1374338296348823559

Devalued what exactly?

The league has been terrible. Can you explain what your issue is?

They've cut the league schedule short, removed semi finals and generally treated the league as a competition as a inconsequential event to be shoe horned in at the end of the 6 nations

yerrahbah wrote: »
    We have a ref, Limericks Joy Neville is TMO :D

https://twitter.com/PRO14Official/status/1374338296348823559

POM is safe to dive into all the rucks he likes so.

They've cut the league schedule short, removed semi finals and generally treated the league as a competition as a inconsequential event.

The league has been an inconsequential event, compared to other competitions, since ever.

There's bigger factors at play too than the Proxx. The SA players need a tune up prior to whatever the Lions series turns out to be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

The league has been an inconsequential event, compared to other competitions, since ever.

*Except 2011, obviously, Thomond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Munsters game to lose !!!
    You are welcome Thomond !!!

It's no coincidence that Munster haven't won a trophy since John Hayes retired.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

They've cut the league schedule short, removed semi finals and generally treated the league as a competition as a inconsequential event to be shoe horned in at the end of the 6 nations
    In fairness the schedule was cut short by a whole 2 matches. It wouldn't have made much difference to the final standings and you'd probably have ended up with the same final anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster will have a big advantage in the front 5 but other than that I think things are pretty even. We would have had an advantage in the centres if Ringrose were fit, but he's out for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Clegg wrote: »
    Leinster will have a big advantage in the front 5 but other than that I think things are pretty even. We would have had an advantage in the centres if Ringrose were fit, but he's out for a few weeks.

If I had to get an advantage anywhere on the team I know where I would want it to be though ha

Clegg wrote: »

I dunno Beirne will be the best 2nd row and likely forward on the pitch.. Leinster will have big advantage in front row but back 5 of the pack.. may shade toward Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Praying for a Carbery v Sexton re-match

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Praying for a Carbery v Sexton re-match

pray for Carbery's ankle.

but most likely we will have Ross Byrne showing Joey how to play outhalf properly and not for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eastie17

Is it on telly? If so where?
    Thanks

Advertisement