Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I'm in the same boat, not working, where did you buy the gift card?

From here: https://www.gamivo.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I have more cards than a magician, incl. Curve, Revolut, N26, etc.
    I have tried Windscribe, Surfshark, Halo, Nord, incognito blah, blah, double checked each time, with what's my ip etc etc.
    Followed instructions to the letter.
    Tried switching on vpn at payment point etc etc
    Cards ticked for location security off.

Even tried with a brand new account set up last month.

No way, no matter what, it says "problem with my payment" and payment declined in the Curve app.

At this point, I am prepared to pay more than the Irish sub, to get the Turkey version working. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Setanter

Del007 wrote: »
    I tried with Surfshark set to Turkey/Argentina. It doesn't recognise my password when I do this.

I can't seem to get it to work after following the steps in the op.

Surfshark is leaking in Turkey, sort of.
    You will see Turkish lira pricing but NF is suspicious, hence the password error.

Vpn unlimited or Hola work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

bromley52 wrote:
    I know that, I am just amazed that Ireland has the largest Netflix library.

I gave up on US Netflix a year ago for this very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I gave up on US Netflix a year ago for this very reason.

US is only better for very US stuff like criminal minds, naked gun movies etc. Irl has everything else you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭clickhere

Setanter wrote: »
    Surfshark is leaking in Turkey, sort of.
    You will see Turkish lira pricing but NF is suspicious, hence the password error.

Vpn unlimited or Hola work for me.
    Thanks for the information, because I am using Surfshark set to Turkey for watching the football on the SSport+ app and it hasn't buffered once. I will be hopefully switching to Turkey next week on Netflix. I taught it would be good to use Surfshark.

clickhere wrote: »
    Thanks for the information, because I am using Surfshark set to Turkey for watching the football on the SSport+ app and it hasn't buffered once. I will be hopefully switching to Turkey next week on Netflix. I taught it would be good to use Surfshark.

The free versions or 30 day no quibble refund of Hola and Vpn unlimited worked fine.

Surfshark is my preferred VPN otherwise. If you were dedicated enough and raised a ticket with SS they might get you sorted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭bromley52

TheDriver wrote: »
    US is only better for very US stuff like criminal minds, naked gun movies etc. Irl has everything else you want.

Criminal Minds (1-15) is on Amazon Prime UK btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Did that and it worked, it's an awkward amount though, 100 LI when the sub is 55 and they must know this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Did that and it worked, it's an awkward amount though, 100 LI when the sub is 55 and they must know this

If you look at the expiry date for the gift card on your account you'll get the full 100 LI worth of time so almost 2 full month.

Hopefully it'll switch over to the card on account without problem after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Going from 29.99 Turkish lira to 40.99...Ba$tards...I don’t know how I’ll pay that extra euro a month...:pac:

Keeps asking me to "update your payment " without trying to take pyament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Got this from Netflix today. I was charged €4.72 today through BOI credit card so will be increasing to €6.34, not bad for 4 screens

Hi Maz,
    The cost of your plan has changed. This change takes effect Sunday, April 18th, 2021. You can view your updated membership details by visiting your Account.

Plan Premium

New Plan Price 54.99 TL

We hope you’re enjoying Netflix, and we're always adding new TV shows and movies for our members to enjoy.
    We're here to help if you need it. Visit the Help Center for more info or contact us.
    –The Netflix Team

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Changed mine over last night.. Worked seemlessly.. Many thanks to OP and all following user experiences that were posted after that.. What worked for me was.
    Changed payment to Revolut physical card, cancelled subscription, once month passed by and viewing was cut off I singed out of all devices that I could remember account was signed into.. Missed my account on TV so don't know is this step needed? Anyway.. I then used VPN unlimited to change IP to Bursa in Turkey and used Dolphin browser with Incognito mode switched on.. Renewed subscription with prices on TL, Asked me to verify my phone number but it didn't stop me from continuing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

247music wrote: »
    What worked for me was.
    Changed payment to Revolut physical card, cancelled subscription, once month passed by and viewing was cut off I singed out of all devices that I could remember account was signed into.. Missed my account on TV so don't know is this step needed? Anyway.. I then used VPN unlimited to change IP to Bursa in Turkey and used Dolphin browser with Incognito mode switched on.. Renewed subscription with prices on TL, Asked me to verify my phone number but it didn't stop me from continuing..

Sorry, are you saying you didn't need to do this step:
    Go through the Restart Membership (with no VPN) and go to add a new credit card. Add the new card and click through to Next and THEN turn on VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Sorry, are you saying you didn't need to do this step: Go through the Restart Membership (with no VPN) and go to add a new credit card. Add the new card and click through to Next and THEN turn on VPN?

No I followed the steps in the original post word for word.. But when I signed out of all devices I forgot to sign out of my TV.. So wondered was that step needed? Probably best to stick to the guide as it is.. I've a habit of making things confusing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

Second month in a row trying this and it hasn't worked again. Using PureVPN and a Revolut VISA card.

Membership expired, signed out of all devices, browser incognito mode on, VPN set to Turkey - all the boxes ticked - and I just can't get past the "problem processing your payment method" message on the confirmation page.

I honestly don't know how some people are getting this to work.

I thought perhaps people were turning off their VPN at the point of confirming chosen plan and payment method, but that has just resulted in me being signed up at Irish prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Use a different vpn - vpn unlimited works fine

I don't think the problem is with the VPN I'm using. I was being offered plans in Turkish Lira prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Ardent wrote: »
    I don't think the problem is with the VPN I'm using. I was being offered plans in Turkish Lira prices.

Same here got all the way through it and switched VPN on when I got to €17.99 pkg entered card details, which then switched to 54.99 TL and then fell apart at that stage regardless of whether I was using Revolut, Curve or Zen.
    Was thinking of just whacking on €60 on a gift card and getting the best part of the year out of it that way.

are you using incognito mode and a decent vpn, just because you are viewing turkish prices doesnt mean it is working 100% ?
    i wrote most of the bulletin points outlined in the op and it was edited by a moderator, if it doesnt work then something is wrong with the set up it isnt just randomly working for some and not others

Free trial of VPN unlimited. Showing up as been in Bursa on the app, incognito whatsmyip however says Cork!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Free trial of VPN unlimited. Showing up as been in Bursa on the app, incognito whatsmyip however says Cork!.

I had the exact same issue with that VPN switched to Hola and it worked no problem.

Also are you using the virtual Revolut ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I had the exact same issue with that VPN switched to Hola and it worked no problem.

Yes. Revoulut MasterCard. I'll try hola. Thanks.

So you want to save €100s on netflix but want to use a free trial on vpn unlimited

Just pay for it and cancel

I paid already for the full version of surf shark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

So you want to save €100s on netflix but want to use a free trial on vpn unlimited

Just pay for it and cancel

I paid for the VPN unlimited but it was still showing Cork for Bursa it’s a strange one.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Ardent wrote: »

It is without doubt the VPN. Seeing TL prices alone does not guarantee that Netflix has not identified the IP as a vpn
    Surfshark is leaky too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Setanter wrote: »
    It is without doubt the VPN. Seeing TL prices alone does not guarantee that Netflix has not identified the IP as a vpn
    Surfshark is leaky too

Me and a friend had instant success using Proton. It’s €5 for one month of the VPN and you can cancel as soon as the job is done. I had no success with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Same here got all the way through it and switched VPN on when I got to €17.99 pkg entered card details, which then switched to 54.99 TL and then fell apart at that stage regardless of whether I was using Revolut, Curve or Zen.
    Was thinking of just whacking on €60 on a gift card and getting the best part of the year out of it that way.

Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭skydish79

Marty Bird wrote: »

Hi just wondering does it have to be a virtual revolut to work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Have one of my cards as payment but want to change it to revolut, can't seem to change it, anyone have this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Hococop wrote: »
    Have one of my cards as payment but want to change it to revolut, can't seem to change it, anyone have this issue?
    Most have this issue.

Advertisement