Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

banchang wrote: »
    I'm currently with Argentina - is Turkey the best to go for now ?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Del007

I tried with Surfshark set to Turkey/Argentina. It doesn't recognise my password when I do this.

I can't seem to get it to work after following the steps in the op.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Del007 wrote: »
    I tried with Surfshark set to Turkey/Argentina. It doesn't recognise my password when I do this.

First check on the whatsmyip site and make sure your actually in Turkey/Argentina.

It could be a case of Netflix blocking it, which means try again later or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Del007 wrote: »

I had this issue last night and logged in under my normal Irish isp. Once at the pricing page I could see euro pricing then turned on windscribe which was set to Turkey and it showed Turkish pricing and renewed at Turkish prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0312/1203520-netflix-password-crackdown/

Looks like Netflix are going to start cracking down on Netflix families.

I wouldn't be worried about this at all. I'd say you might get it once every 6 months which will be a minor inconvenience to those who are sharing amongst a household.
    It's to cut down on the aliexpress sharing and possible boards type of sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Del007

I logged in without VPN first, turned on VPN (confirmed ip address was Turkey/Argentina) got to payment but it's not recognising payment. I tried both my bank and revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Taeholic

KTBFFH wrote: »
    Has already been stated but paying by Revolut via curve no longer seems to be working, FYI. Tried and failed, with Curve, twice.
    Successfully changed my membership today after one month on an Irish plan as OP says to do.

-signed in as normal
    -acted as if I was renewing my Irish plan, continued until I got to the page where I can change/update my payment details
    -changed my payment details to my Revolut Virtual Card and accepted this change of payment method
    -ONLY THEN used free version of Hola unblocker to change IP to Turkey, and when I did Netflix automatically reloaded and was offering me the Turkish plans
    -chose the Family plan and now have 4 screens for €4.75/month

Between this and Spotify Family, Boards has saved me a lot of cash.

Quick question if you don't mind, had you already unsubscribed to Nextlix when you started this process? My sub is up in a days.

Sorry if it's a silly question, does this also work for Prime?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0312/1203520-netflix-password-crackdown/

Looks like Netflix are going to start cracking down on Netflix families.

Made me laugh.

Their prices are going up and the content hasn't improved in any meaningful way.

We were going to cancel Disney when it came up for renewal , the new content makes the price increase feel worthwhile and I find myself using it more than Netflix now.

If Netflix want to increase their prices and start annoying their existing customer base like this they need to justify it.

Glazers Out!

Taeholic wrote: »
    Sorry if it's a silly question, does this also work for Prime?

Check out the "cheap prime videos" thread.

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    Check out the "cheap prime videos" thread.

I didn't see one but I'll look again. Thank you

Taeholic wrote: »
    I didn't see one but I'll look again. Thank you

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058167266
    It's on the first page near this thread

TheDriver wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058167266
    It's on the first page near this thread

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Success at last !! I used the method of logging in with Irish account changed card to virtual Revolut didn’t get the enter mobile fired up the Hola VPN and restarted the membership. All good now thanks guys.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

seems netflix are clamping down on password sharing, wonder will they do the same with VPN detection?

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/11/media/netflix-password-sharing-prevention/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

fryup wrote: »
    seems netflix are clamping down on password sharing, wonder will they do the same with VPN detection?

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/11/media/netflix-password-sharing-prevention/index.html

This chestnut pops up every now and again. If they were magically able to pull the plug tomorrow on multi-household sharing, their subs would drop like a stone. And the bean counters have always known this.

Share prices 1yr ago were less that 300usd. Today they’re over 500. I wouldn’t worry about the current situation changing anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I switched my payment details to Revolut a month ago, cancelled and it expired today. I followed the instruction in the OP and no luck. I've also tried the method mentioned of switching on the VPN (windscribe) at the payment screen after previously updating payment details. What's happening is when I try to proceed with the price in Lira it's asking me to enter my cvv again and then I'm getting a 'sorry something went wrong' error message. I also downloaded Brave browser for the first time and tried on there with no luck either. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭madscone

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Success at last !! I used the method of logging in with Irish account changed card to virtual Revolut didn’t get the enter mobile fired up the Hola VPN and restarted the membership. All good now thanks guys.

I've spent the last three months reading and trying and retrying every possible combination of revolut and vpn's and finally this way worked. Bless you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I switched my payment details to Revolut a month ago, cancelled and it expired today. I followed the instruction in the OP and no luck. I've also tried the method mentioned of switching on the VPN (windscribe) at the payment screen after previously updating payment details. What's happening is when I try to proceed with the price in Lira it's asking me to enter my cvv again and then I'm getting a 'sorry something went wrong' error message. I also downloaded Brave browser for the first time and tried on there with no luck either. Any ideas?

I finally got it to work by buying a gift card of 100 TL. With the VPN on I entered the gift card code and revolut details for when the gift card expires. This went through on brave and now, with the VPN off, my account is being charged in TL and it has my revolut card as the backup payment until May 8th when the gift card expires and hopefully it will take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

I've looked(honest) and can't find where it says if it matters if you carry out this process using a mobile device or laptop or smart TV to renew your sub? I'd imagine it shouldn't matter but no harm in asking anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Looks like Netflix Turkey prices are increasing from next month
    We hope you’re enjoying everything Netflix has to offer. We’re updating our prices to bring you more great entertainment. Your monthly price will change to 54.99 TL on 14 April 2021.
    This update will allow us to deliver even more value for your membership – with stories that lift you up, move you or simply make your day a bit better.
    Questions? Visit the Help Centre to learn more or contact us. Or manage your membership at any time by visiting your Account.
    Thank you for choosing Netflix – we hope you stay with us for years to come. We look forward to showing you what we have in store.
    The Netflix team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

It's up to TL54.99 for the premium package already, that's what I paid the other day.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Liamalone wrote: »
    It's up to TL54.99 for the premium package already, that's what I paid the other day.

I had 41.99 taken today for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I had 41.99 taken today for mine

Yeah, my last payment was 41.99 too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭bromley52

I was looking up the price increase here. It quotes Ireland has having the largest Netflix library.
    " Users in Argentina have access to 4,855 titles, which is 1.7% below average and 27% fewer than Ireland, which has the largest library. Turkish subscribers have access to even fewer titles, which is only 4,466 and 10% below average."

Whether it's true or not I don't know but there is definitely a lot to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

bromley52 wrote: »
    I was looking up the price increase here. It quotes Ireland has having the largest Netflix library.
    " Users in Argentina have access to 4,855 titles, which is 1.7% below average and 27% fewer than Ireland, which has the largest library. Turkish subscribers have access to even fewer titles, which is only 4,466 and 10% below average."

You do realise that if you do this Turkish/Argie workaround you get the cheaper price but because you’re viewing in Ireland you get the Irish library? You’re not stuck watching foreign content. Netflix gives you the library from the country you’re viewing from rather than the one you’re paying from

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Maz2016

bromley52 wrote: »

This doesn’t matter. You get the Irish library

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭bromley52

I know that, I am just amazed that Ireland has the largest Netflix library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

247music wrote: »
    I've looked(honest) and can't find where it says if it matters if you carry out this process using a mobile device or laptop or smart TV to renew your sub? I'd imagine it shouldn't matter but no harm in asking anyway..

I done it all on my phone.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

I finally got it to work by buying a gift card of 100 TL. With the VPN on I entered the gift card code and revolut details for when the gift card expires. This went through on brave and now, with the VPN off, my account is being charged in TL and it has my revolut card as the backup payment until May 8th when the gift card expires and hopefully it will take over.

I'm in the same boat, not working, where did you buy the gift card?

Advertisement