Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

alanc2003 wrote: »
    yep, tried that as well. My revolut was the main card, that declined so i then added the curve card. That failed as well. Even used my AIB and that didnt work either

I couldn't add my new revolut as my main card but tried a similar method to make it my backup payment option which worked first time.

See here

You could try that method

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

I couldn't add my new revolut as my main card but tried a similar method to make it my backup payment option which worked first time.

See here

You could try that method

i logged into my Irish account, i dont seem to have the option to change my card or add a back up card

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

i logged into my Irish account, i dont seem to have the option to change my card or add a back up card

From a TV or PS4 or from your computer?

Log onto Netflix using your browser not the app. I used MS edge , it can be found under account settings

Log onto Netflix using your browser not the app. I used MS edge , it can be found under account settings

Tried chrome and edge, has my virtual revolut card entered. I have no option to change that card which is odd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

I had a few issus trying to update to one of the new virtual mastercard but eventually was able to by using MS edge for Android and windscribe VPN.

Without vpn on I used MS edge to log onto Netflix ireland account settings. From the account options I selected add backup payment method. I was brought to the payment details page.

At this point I turned on the VPN and entered the new mastercard details and it was accepted. I was given the option to make it the default card which I did.

Tried this with my new virtual card and Keepsolid/VPN unlimited and no joy.

Will try again tomorrow

gar wrote: »

Will try again tomorrow

Adding/changing cards always seems a bit of a black art with no predictable outcome. Hopefully you've better luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Adding/changing cards always seems a bit of a black art with no predictable outcome. Hopefully you've better luck tomorrow.

Yes . its weird how for some it works at first go and the same process for others is no go at all.

I see lots of people are getting stuck when they try to renew , at the point of adding new card.
    Is this step only way to get it, I mean could you add backup card and then when try to renew once its expired with making backup car primary? Has anyone tried this.

Other thing that works for sure is when renewal fails while still connected to VPN select purchase gift card and that will bring 3 (Turkish) locations to buy .

I think it's just not meant to be for me! After brushing up on my Turkish I managed to buy a gift card. Took about 10 minutes to get it which was great. Thought I was all set, entered the gift card details. I was then greeted with the message,we can not redeem this card due to an error, try again later!

I'm hoping it will be ok tomorrow after all my various attempts today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

wiz569 wrote: »

On step 2 it says click next I only see click continue does that send me back to click which plan you would like or start the sub again ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Marty Bird wrote: »
    On step 2 it says click next I only see click continue does that send me back to click which plan you would like or start the sub again ?

I'm not sure as I didn't have to jump through hoops to sign up, personally I would click on continue and then fire up the VPN and it should show you the turkish prices/plans.

KTBFFH wrote: »
    Has already been stated but paying by Revolut via curve no longer seems to be working, FYI. Tried and failed, with Curve, twice.
    Successfully changed my membership today after one month on an Irish plan as OP says to do.

-signed in as normal
    -acted as if I was renewing my Irish plan, continued until I got to the page where I can change/update my payment details
    -changed my payment details to my Revolut Virtual Card and accepted this change of payment method
    -ONLY THEN used free version of Hola unblocker to change IP to Turkey, and when I did Netflix automatically reloaded and was offering me the Turkish plans
    -chose the Family plan and now have 4 screens for €4.75/month

Between this and Spotify Family, Boards has saved me a lot of cash.

Still have no joy myself, when it accepts my card change to RVC it’s then asking for me to input my mobile number for a text to be sent any ideas how I work around this?

Still have no joy myself, when it accepts my card change to RVC it’s then asking for me to input my mobile number for a text to be sent any ideas how I work around this?

Had you a phone number attached to your account originally? Because you will need one.

Had you a phone number attached to your account originally? Because you will need one.
    Yes I did I assume if I switch on the VPN before this step it will ask for a Turkish mobile?

Yes I did I assume if I switch on the VPN before this step it will ask for a Turkish mobile?

No it should just send a text to the number registered to the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rustyman101

No it should just send a text to the number registered to the account.
    Same here ,had my irish number attached but still looked for a Turkish number ?

Not sure why some people are having trouble tbh, the first 9 steps in the OP worked for me first time.

Might be different when I have to update my card :(

Not sure why some people are having trouble tbh, the first 9 steps in the OP worked for me first time.

Yeah I’ve tried all the methods so far and no joy I will give it another go tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

I did get it working no bother for the first time around year ago using my PTSB card. This card expired and it would no longer work with my new PTSB debit card.

Second time I got it working with curve/revolut after some playing around with it. However, after 2 months, it just stopped taking my curve card and I was back to square one.

Third time around, it will not take ANY card I try (PTSB debit or credit, revolut plastic/virtual cards or curve). The only method that would work was my PTSB through Mexico but this came to around €11 which is not nearly as good a saving as the Turkish sub.

I've added my curve as a backup payment method so will try and get back into turkey once my current sub expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Up and running now all good. Thanks to BA for this.

• Advertisement

Will try again tomorrow

Gah!

Tried again and no joy so check whatsmyipaddress.com and showed up as still in Ireland despite Turkish ipaddress. So adding card didn't go through.
    Tried holavpn and using above I was showing up as in Turkey but adding card didn't go through...
    May try again tomorrow with hola straight off.

As I'm already paying being in Turkey, any harm just adding backup card normally as being in Ireland?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Gah!

Tried again and no joy so check whatsmyipaddress.com and showed up as still in Ireland despite Turkish ipaddress. So adding card didn't go through.
    Tried holavpn and using above I was showing up as in Turkey but adding card didn't go through...
    May try again tomorrow with hola straight off.

As I'm already paying being in Turkey, any harm just adding backup card normally as being in Ireland?
    You have an active Turkish sub right now?

Yeah, just sign in without a VPN to update your card details.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 johnli10628

I got 3 months premium for 6.66, from AliExpress, it will be cheaper when you pay for more. And it’s working perfectly. I tried everything above but didn’t work for me so this is a way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭gussieg

that price alone makes me wary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

I got 3 months premium for 6.66, from AliExpress, it will be cheaper when you pay for more. And it’s working perfectly. I tried everything above but didn’t work for me so this is a way to go.
    if its shared account lots of things can go wrong so beware of that.

Quackster wrote: »
    You have an active Turkish sub right now?

Yeah, just sign in without a VPN to update your card details.

That worked and even charged the TRY to verify.

Thanks, should be good for 5 years now

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

That worked and even charged the TRY to verify.

Thanks, should be good for 5 years now

Only problem with that is that I have found happen to me in the past, if I update card details without a vpn and pay a month with turkish lira, just before the automatic billing for the following month netflix automaticly refunded me and cancelled my subscription because I had updated my card details from the UK. So I would probably recommend updating with vpn.

You will have to wait and see how you get on for a month, if you end up paying for the next 2 billing cycles without your subscription being cancelled then you should be all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

I'm currently with Argentina - is Turkey the best to go for now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭irelandrover

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0312/1203520-netflix-password-crackdown/

Looks like Netflix are going to start cracking down on Netflix families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

banchang wrote:
    I'm currently with Argentina - is Turkey the best to go for now ?

Yes Turkey seems to be the cheapest at the moment

Advertisement