Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Got email from fastway and homestore and more earlier.

How do ArkOwl know whether my email has been involved in a data breach? Isn’t someone like fastway giving ArkOwl that info yet another breach of my data? I’m confused.

As far as I'm aware companies like that run a comparison of your email address (which you give them) against the lists of emails that have been exposed in breaches.

whiterebel wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware companies like that run a comparison of your email address (which you give them) against the lists of emails that have been exposed in breaches.

But how do they know who’s been exposed in breaches? Someone has to provide them with that email in order to cross reference with the email I give them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There are usually lists of details that have been exposed that circulate after the event.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Mod - Can everyone please take it down a notch. There has been a breach, and information is out there. We now need to be be careful of any suspicious emails and texts.

Exactly

L1011 wrote: »
    Voting register is only available for inspection in person in print form except for the edited register of the few people who opt-in for spam post. That is tiny these days. The labour intensivity of that is off the scale.

This is likely to be used for basically spear-phishing and it will catch out a lot of people who think they have the cop-on and would easily avoid a scattergun scam.

No it's not. I can look people up at vote.ie and irishfamilyhistorycentre.com

Phishing is not high quality, it's high quantity.

If you continue to disagree, produce your evidence please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

No it's not. I can look people up at vote.ie and irishfamilyhistorycentre.com
    Phishing is not high quality, it's high quantity.
    If you continue to disagree, produce your evidence please.

Where is the list on vote.ie of names and addresses of voters?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Where is the list on vote.ie of names and addresses of voters?

You can check if someone is on the voter register but you have to know their name and address.

VG31 wrote: »
    You can check if someone is on the voter register but you have to know their name and address.

Yes thats what I thought from using checktheregister.

Its hardly comparable to possessing a prepared list of names and addresses

Mod - Put an end to the speculation about what it may mean. All its doing is dragging it off topic and generating reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pipmae wrote: »
    No - my email specifically says it's as a result of a Smyths Toystore delivery.

So Smyths to blame?

I got email from Littlewoods about Fastway

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Smyths to blame?

I got email from Littlewoods about Fastway

No I think the central fastway data was accessed but your data is in there cos of a recent order with shop X such as Smyths or Littlewoods

Got an email from oxendales on Monday about the breach.

I must contact them tomorrow as the day after the initial fastway/homestore email, I then received an email from oxendales saying I would be contacted by hooyu and would need to provide identity documents for my credit agreement as per central bank requirements.

It could be coincidence but I’m going to ring oxendales before doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Anyone see this? Claims it's not a hack at all, just poor security and leaving info unprotected and accessible by anyone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/develeire/comments/m7rtm4

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Anyone see this? Claims it's not a hack at all, just poor security and leaving info unprotected and accessible by anyone.

I got the email from fastway about data breach.
    Seeing the above, ive emailed them to query whether they were in fact hacked or stored our data in an unsuitable manner that made it directly available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's the equivalent of opening your front window curtains and baring your arse to the world, then calling anyone who accidentally sees you a peeping tom!

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

mickdw wrote: »
    I got the email from fastway about data breach.
    Seeing the above, ive emailed them to query whether they were in fact hacked or stored our data in an unsuitable manner that made it directly available online.

They will never admit the truth.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Rather than having to go into each agent is there a way to find out which ParcelConnect agents will actually take a Littlewoods return?

Item is a single piece of clothing so package is not large or heavy.

First agent said they only take tiny packages and second said they don't take returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭manna452121

Got a txt late friday night telling me my item was delivered.I had ordered this item from Amazon but it seems on checking it came from China via Yunexpress After doing alot of digging I found out today that Fastway had the item.They have left items for me without ringing the door bell behind flower pots,bins etc.I now have to ring them tomorrow and hear another excuse.I also contacted Amazon but it will be tuesday before the give me an update.All other items that I have got from Amazon in the past came with An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

Fastway have a duty to deliver parcels under licence from the state. They clearly don't do this and should be held accountable. Responsibility for ensuring that the company is complying with its responsibilites rests with the Minister, Eamonn Ryan.
    He is of course protected by a fire screen, Com Reg if I'm not mistaken.

Banbh wrote: »
    Fastway have a duty to deliver parcels under licence from the state. They clearly don't do this and should be held accountable. Responsibility for ensuring that the company is complying with its responsibilites rests with the Minister, Eamonn Ryan.

Fire screens are more useful and cost less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They will never admit the truth.

They have failed to answer 2 emails now.

I know. I've tried complaining but gave up so they are doing their job of stopping all complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,362 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Banbh wrote: »

Are courier companies licensed by the State?

Even though they have a licence for postal services, courier work isn’t covered, according to ComReg:
    “ComReg has concluded that “Document Exchange” and “Express and Courier services” and the delivery of unaddressed advertising material are not “postal services”.

That's interesting. So it's down to Eamonn Ryan.
    I wonder that there is no business association in Ireland that would be concerned about the situation. I have evidence of three definite failure to deliver cases where the goods were returned to sender after passing the parcel from one driver to another for several weeks. The companies concerned just said "Oh well" and gave me a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭jamesbil

Can anyone reccommend a better courier than Fastway for white goods? Small camper fridges in particular. They are damaging and loosing so many on me. Managed to dent one on all 4 sides. Recently lost one and said this to me
    "Thank you for contacting Fastway Couriers.

I have investigated this shipment and it appears to have been misdirected within our Network and we haven't been able to locate. If you contact your supplier they will arrange to resend the shipment out to you. seriously?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused with the delay

Let me know if I can assist with anything else" like I should leave it at that?

A complaint to the Department of Transport seems to be the only way. Cowboy couriers are a law unto themselves and are damaging retail trade in the country. Maybe a complaint to local councillors or TD would get some action.
    In my experience An Post is the only responsible body delivering parcels in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We dropped them in our business a few months ago and went fully with DPD, my days have never been easier. I haven't had to contact DPD once in 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Anyone else seeing a hold-up in Fastway deliveries lately? Been waiting 6 working days for a package to get from Dublin (arrived from abroad) to Cork.

Last update on tracking was 6 days ago: "We've received your parcel in our central distribution hub. It will be with you in 1-2 working days, depending on the delivery service timeframe you requested."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Yep, waiting for a parcel for the past 4 days, tracking rotating between staged for next day delivery and accepted in depot ffs

Advertisement