Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gavanb

Dunno if I was just very lucky or what but Fastway were 100% efficient with my delivery. As soon the item arrived in Ireland on Wednesday, their tracking updated to say " we have your item at our central hub and it will be delivered in 1-2 working days". Yeah, right, I thought. Then, early on Friday I got an email saying package would be delivered by 6PM. As I had to go out, I left asking them to please leave package at door. Got home at 5ish, there it was( also got an email saying exactly where it had been left. After reading all the bad stuff here about Fastway,I was expecting problems, but I was impressed!

Post edited by gavanb on

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Got my parcel, which I'm very grateful, although some sort of estimate on roughly what time it would arrive would've been nice. It took me about ten seconds to get to the door by which time the delivery guy was already almost back to his car. So luckily picked up my parcel leaning to my front door but I can't figure out what they meant with "left in a safe place: in mina". Did not find any "minas" anywhere and no idea what that might've meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

Another company that uses Fastway is TEMU. Disgracefully service.

Plenty of excuses.

Can't find address EIRCODE PROVIDED

PARCEL LOCKERS FULL OR OUT OF SERVICE OOPHOD has no issues. AN POST DELIVERED TO SAME ONE TODAY.

YET RECEIVED PARCEL VIA FASTWAY TOOK 6 DAYS TO GET TO ME.

COURIERS NOT ABLE OR WANTING TO USE OOHPOD .

ANOTHER ONE SAYS THAT HE CANT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE USE OOHPOD. TOLD HIM I AM THE CUSTOMER ITS MY CHOICE.

Sorry for shouting !

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

Had a parcel from Temu, FASTWAY in their wisdom put an notice on the parcel we dont delivery to OOHpod Lockers, Last one coming then I am deleteing my acccount with TEMU, AND BOYCOTTING ANY BUSINESS THAT USES FASTWAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The fastway spreadsheet is below. I will leave it as edit to everyone for a week or two so people can add it any retailers they know that use Fastway.

Any suggestions please let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Darth Randomer

OOHPOD in Ratfarnham Shopping Centre too. Used to be Parcel Motel. Used to see actual other customer collecting stuff there. Now just Mr White Van man.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

New Fastway depot in Cork, I suppose they need to store all the lost parcels somewhere 😜

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

Hi, does anyone know what this means on my Fastway Tracking:

Darth Randomer

No. Contact the hub IF you have a phone number which does not ring and then goes to

"WE HAVE NOW ENABLED CUSTOMERS TO USE EMAIL AND CUSTOMERS ARE HAPPY ABOUT THIS".

IF you do get through to a human at Fastway, get as much detail off them and their name and get them to stay on the line!

Do you know where the hub is located? Again, sorry I cannot offer further advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 oscare1

It appears their Parcel Connect system has been down since last Friday. Tried to drop off parcel for return on Sunday and told in local Applegreen that unable to process due to nationwide system failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MoonMotorway

Waiting on a package since last week which should have been with me by now, I reckon. It's been sent with fast way which I never knew. Usually parcels go into anyones home. Somewhere convient for the drivers so they don't have to go out of their way too much. I reckon the fastway driver fort area can't read and the parcels are left anywhere.

Anyways this came up on my tracking yesterday. Does anyone know what this means? I went searching for a contact number for my locality but it's nowhere and sure they probably won't answer anyways even if there was a number.

I did get in touch with the shop I bought from and waiting for a response from them. If I don't get anything by Monday or Tuesday I am just going to start asking for refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭manna452121

The tracking leads me to fastway

I got in touch with the shop I ordered from and they replied back telling me to get in touch with fastway to provide them with my details.

I searched online for a number but couldn't find anything. I am not even going to try.

I will get back in touch with the shop I ordered from and I ask for a refund for non delivery.

In the last four weeks I had two items delivered by Fastway.I tracked the first one and a driver in a private car arrived to my door.Then on Friday I was not at home when Fastway arrived,got a phone call and the driver left the item at my back gate.Your problem seem to be the address.I have always put my full address,postcode and a phone number.Best of luck.

I did put my full name and address and eircode on the order. I checked the online shop and it has and ie at the end of it but I think maybe it's English based.

Its look fantastic.

This is the update in tracking still saying the same thing.

I don't have contact details for fastway. I googled their number and rang it but it rang through. There is sweet fu*k all I can do here on my side for this. I don't have a car and I think the depot is in Tuam and I can't drive all those miles to get to their depot.

I got in touch with the shop I ordered from but they just put me back into contacting fastway.

At this stage I just want a refund because it's clear I am not going to get this any time soon.

I asked for a refund and if I don't get a response I will ask again and threaten a charge back.

To claim an issue with my address is one thing but I refuse to believe that there's a problem with both my address but my phone number? I refuse to believe that there's an issue with both of these. I never even got a call or message.

• Advertisement

It's not up to you to chase Fastway around, you're not Fastway's customer, the supplier is and it's entirely their responsibility to get the goods to you safely and within a reasonable time (neither of which Fastway are any good at)

Life ain't always empty.

That's it. I don't have time to be chasing fastway.

That's why I asked for a refund. I am hoping it will get the order moved on. I know they probably don't want to be giving a refund especially considering the order is somewhere. I am hoping they will chase up on it tomorrow. If not I do have a refund request gone in and I requested the refund to be done within the next 24 hours or I will do a charge back. They can chase with fastway or refund me.

Was there a pdf document created earlier in the thread about shops who use fastway?

I clicked into and it was limited? Was it ever updated or was it not allowed.

They really are absolutely an awful company to work with.

I made other orders last week and I know it's a busy and stressful time but an post and DPD can manage well and I had other orders delivered just not the one with fastway. It's not the timeline I am disappointed about. It's the information on the tracking that says to contact them but I can't. Even if they do deliver into my area it will be guaranteed to be dumped on someone elses doorstep.

How is this company still in operation?

Wait til I tell you

A neighbour of mine was waiting on an order that said it was delivered and it was with fastway but there was no delivery. It was on the local community WhatsApp. Instead she got a different parcel for a nearby housing estate. Delivered to her by fastway. It wasn't for her. She drove to the address to deliver the parcel to a stranger in a housing estate who was thankfully very nice. While there on the strangers door step, the came to the door to show them a package that was delivered also by fastway and also not for them and for someone else. Then they went to the other address and the same thing happened. There was at least 4 or 5 different people with packages and parcels for other people all delivered by fastway.

I swear to god. It was a wild goose chase.

That really shouldn't happen. My only conclusion is that some fastway drivers cannot read. Maybe they can track a general location and then parcels are dumped anywhere.

This kind of stuff has to be outlawed.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭SwissToni

I send between 1200 to 1500 parcels a year with Fastway, so far this year 1 has gone missing and 1 arrived damaged.

On their page https://www.fastwayni.co.uk/west-galway have you tried the support link maybe they might respond.Depending on your location in the West some address can be hard to locate even with a postcode and a phone number does help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

What’s the best way of contacting Fastway, I ordered on the 24th Nov, package has been scheduled for delivery all week and neither Fastway or the seller will reply to emails.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm not quite sure but I think it involves the bones of a sacrificed goat.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Are these so called "delivery drivers" from Fastway not obliged to at least ring a doorbell when they arrive, my daughter has had three deliveries in the last week and none of the drivers attempted to ring the bell or knock on the door, parcels just dumped in the porch.

Advertisement