Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got Madden 21 because its on sale and I only buy it every few years.

Man it's glitchy as hell for a game thats just a reskin of the last few years and has also been out a while. I've had players completely freeze in place after scoring (including for their celebrations and replays), players being tripped by thin air, phasing through the stands if they run out of bounds at a certain angle, and the stats after scoring repeatedly say that the play time for that drive was 71837382:35 or similar.

F*cking EA, man....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭piwyudo0fhn57b

Mass Effect Trilogy. Countdown for the remastered version!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Played Hotline Miami (on ps now) for awhile after finally firing up Ghosts of Tshusima and not liking it.

Hotline Miami made me nostalgic for GTA so got the 3, Vice City and San Andreas for like 17 quid on ps store.

Busting away into Vice City now and loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Completed Miles Morales on PS5 and now started Spiderman remastered. Web slinging through New York at 60 FPS with ray tracing is pretty darn fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭TinCanMan

Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 and I'm blown away by it. Not just is it a visual masterpiece but the gameplay and story are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭joficeduns1

TinCanMan wrote: »
    Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 and I'm blown away by it. Not just is it a visual masterpiece but the gameplay and story are amazing.

Definitely on my list, have enough in my backlog to justify a wait until there's a decent discount though. Aiming to finish God of War first and then either Bloodborne or Control next, probably Control to actually play a PS5 title.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Borderlands 3 on PS4.

Bought it close to release, and I’m still wading through it do to long spells away from the console. I loved the first two BL games but this one I’m finding incredibly tedious, it just goes on and on and I’ve no idea if I’m even close to the end. Probably won’t bother with the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭TinCanMan

Definitely on my list, have enough in my backlog to justify a wait until there's a decent discount though. Aiming to finish God of War first and then either Bloodborne or Control next, probably Control to actually play a PS5 title.

All great selections there, although I haven't played control but it's on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Signed up for PS Now for 12 months - I find that a great service. Have been playing Darksiders Genesis the last few nights - enjoying that a lot. Played Broforce last night - a great 2d platform scroller...lots of fun.

Started Fallen Order a week or two ago...seems good but loading times are very frustrating.

Close to the end of the remastered Mafia game - first time playing it, and really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Got Gods Remastered there for €3.99 (I think tomorrow is last day at this price).

so many memories from the 90s (plus how frustrating it can be)... but the graphics and sound overhaul are really good, much nostalgia :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Jayisplay

Signed up for PS Now for 12 months - I find that a great service. Have been playing Darksiders Genesis the last few nights - enjoying that a lot. Played Broforce last night - a great 2d platform scroller...lots of fun.

Started Fallen Order a week or two ago...seems good but loading times are very frustrating.

Close to the end of the remastered Mafia game - first time playing it, and really enjoyed it

Is this mafia remake the same version as the one in the trilogy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Anyone playing Nioh the collection remastered? I never played it before and have it coming from Amazon in the US. Meant to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finally splashed on the DmC HD Collection for €15, but my god the first one is horrible to control. Way too many camera angle changes, and for the son of the best demon slaying demon, he spends a lot of time pirouetting in a doorway while you struggle with the controls inverting immediately. Don't know if I'll be able to keep at it tbh.

Also picked up Fallout 76 after reading in other forums that it's a pretty good single player game now. Steel Dawn edition is €15. Played maybe 2 hours of it and got disconnected, reloaded and lost maybe 15 minutes of looting. Got disconnected within minutes and haven't been able to get a connection since. Not too happy.

Finished The Last of Us last night after a long sprawling playthrough, must be a few years. Was playing it with the GF watching and the PS4 was always moving so never got a good run of it. For all it's hype I constantly felt underwhelmed by it. Gameplay was clunky, combat frustrating, story was good at best. Its definitely got heart, and I don't have anything else from that era to compare it to (didn't have a PS3), but it's showing its age now. All in all, it plays like an interactive movie, not a game.

Is the sequel much of an improvement? Will maybe pick it up if it gets a PS5 update and a good discount at some stage.

Starting up Resident Evil 7 tonight as the new couch playthrough with herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Playing MGS5. Totally skipped on Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes, but loving it. Great new direction for the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Finished The Last of Us last night after a long sprawling playthrough, must be a few years. Was playing it with the GF watching and the PS4 was always moving so never got a good run of it. For all it's hype I constantly felt underwhelmed by it. Gameplay was clunky, combat frustrating, story was good at best. Its definitely got heart, and I don't have anything else from that era to compare it to (didn't have a PS3), but it's showing its age now. All in all, it plays like an interactive movie, not a game.

Is the sequel much of an improvement? Will maybe pick it up if it gets a PS5 update and a good discount at some stage.

Starting up Resident Evil 7 tonight as the new couch playthrough with herself.

I've rarely play single player games anymore but as part of the ps5 you get a good few Playstation Hits completely free. Fallout 4, Unchartered 4, Last of us, God of war are games I've heard so much on and so I've started with God Of War. But like you mentioned above, I'm afraid I'm going to be underwhelmed.

Starting with God of war, underwhelmed is exactly my feeling so far. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game but just very repetitive. I think the worst thing that can happen a game is get huge hype before you play it.

Only game in recent memory that lived up to the hype was RDR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The sequel triples the length without addressing any of the issues you would have had with the game, so I'm guessing it's a no-go. I appreciated how tight LOU was, from start to end, despite whatever issues I might have had with it - gets in, gets out and doesn't **** about. Appreciated that even more so after running through the sequel and feeling like Naughty Dog have a vendetta against my free time.

lemonkey wrote: »
    I've rarely play single player games anymore but as part of the ps5 you get a good few Playstation Hits completely free. Fallout 4, Unchartered 4, Last of us, God of war are games I've heard so much on and so I've started with God Of War. But like you mentioned above, I'm afraid I'm going to be underwhelmed.

Starting with God of war, underwhelmed is exactly my feeling so far. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game but just very repetitive. I think the worst thing that can happen a game is get huge hype before you play it.

Only game in recent memory that lived up to the hype was RDR2.

That's funny, I'm loving God of War. Yeah there's repetition but I do enjoy the combat. Just got the second weapon so that's providing some variety. I'm really invested in the mythology too so that's helping with the story interest.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    The sequel triples the length without addressing any of the issues you would have had with the game, so I'm guessing it's a no-go. I appreciated how tight LOU was, from start to end, despite whatever issues I might have had with it - gets in, gets out and doesn't **** about. Appreciated that even more so after running through the sequel and feeling like Naughty Dog have a vendetta against my free time.

Thanks for this, really good to know. I did appreciate how the pacing was managed in TLOU, it always felt like the story was moving along. A more meandering version doesn't sound appealing to me. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ramasun

I just inherited a PS3 with Uncharted 2.

I know it's a very old game but I was expecting a lot more for the high ratings it has. GTA IV and Assassins Creed were out around that time too and are waaay better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just finished Ghost of Tsushima, did all side quests then finished the main storyline.

Meh, can't say I'd be recommending anyone go out and buy that until it's seriously discounted. The whole thing felt very dated, like an open world game from the PS2 era but rendered in 4K. Even the landscape of the world they created felt dated. 75% of the quests ended up just being "defeat the mongols". I played assassin's creed odyssey over the summer and horizon zero dawn only last month and this pales in comparison to both of them, open world games need to offer more in 2020 than this did, 6/10 from me.

I did buy it for €40 though and can currently sell it to cex for €36 so I can't really argue with €4 for a play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

I finished Demon Souls which was mainly brilliant, although I found the bosses were a bit more puzzley than other souls games and were generally a bit of a let down, certainly compared with the latest souls games.

Now I'm playing Dark Souls 3 again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Just finished Ghost of Tsushima, did all side quests then finished the main storyline.

Meh, can't say I'd be recommending anyone go out and buy that until it's seriously discounted. The whole thing felt very dated, like an open world game from the PS2 era but rendered in 4K. Even the landscape of the world they created felt dated. 75% of the quests ended up just being "defeat the mongols". I played assassin's creed odyssey over the summer and horizon zero dawn only last month and this pales in comparison to both of them, open world games need to offer more in 2020 than this did, 6/10 from me.

I did buy it for €40 though and can currently sell it to cex for €36 so I can't really argue with €4 for a play through.

I have to agree with you that all quests end up being kill some mongols. I still find it hard to put down, I will do just one more side quest.

I totally disagree with you about the landscape. I think it is one of the most beautiful games I have played. This and the witcher are the only game where I often stop to look at the landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Finished The Last of Us last night after a long sprawling playthrough, must be a few years. Was playing it with the GF watching and the PS4 was always moving so never got a good run of it. For all it's hype I constantly felt underwhelmed by it.

Played sporadically over a "few years"??? Sounds like you're talking about finishing a particularly gruelling house restoration or surviving through a long-term illness!!

Well done for sticking with it and finishing it though, seemingly even though it was a terrible experience but you never gave up on gritting it out.

Honestly it's almost universally recognized as an epic game - Really seems like you ruined it for yourself - somehow :)

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Played sporadically over a "few years"??? Sounds like you're talking about finishing a particularly gruelling house restoration or surviving through a long-term illness!!

Well done for sticking with it and finishing it though, seemingly even though it was a terrible experience but you never gave up on gritting it out.

Honestly it's almost universally recognized as an epic game - Really seems like you ruined it for yourself - somehow :)

We definitely didn't ourselves any favours with our play time but the story also didn't compel us to keep going. As I said before, it was a joined playthrough with herself, and the PlayStation wasn't in a commumal space most of the time. It's reputation was the main motivation to see it out.

It's all a learning experience though! Just finished GoW and could hardly stop thinking about it. Sunk more hours into it than TLOU in the past two weeks alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I finished Ghost Of Tsushima last night. I really enjoyed the main campaign and the side missions.

I signed up for a month of EA Play (99c) and I downloaded Jedi: Fallen Order to give it a go tonight.

Have finally started replaying Horizon Zero Dawn. The game still looks and plays amazingly considering its almost 4 years old (though playing on PS5 which probably helps too).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Also restarted HZD a few weeks ago but had re-installed Bloodborne and got sucked in, currently on my 3rd playthrough again. Been a while, amazed at how much I’ve forgotten but also how much I remember.
    Some bosses I have beaten almost too easily and some are still a pain in the behind. Castle Cainhurst and Rom specifically this run through

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got 2 new games this week. Lego Super Hero's 2 & Lego City Undercover. Big map on the first one, haven't tried the second one yet.

• Advertisement

Taltos wrote: »
    Also restarted HZD a few weeks ago but had re-installed Bloodborne and got sucked in, currently on my 3rd playthrough again. Been a while, amazed at how much I’ve forgotten but also how much I remember.
    Some bosses I have beaten almost too easily and some are still a pain in the behind. Castle Cainhurst and Rom specifically this run through

Are you using different builds/weapons?

My fear if I ever went to replay Bloodborne again would be that I'd just go for the Hunters Axe and big swing attack again, which got me through about 90% of the game. But it can take so long to get some of the other good weapons and upgrade materials that by then you've invested too much in your starter weapon anyway.

Advertisement