Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 nottalking2u

cms88 wrote: »

As these types of people good he seems to be harmless enough. But like you say i don't get how he has got such a following. He was somewhat funny at the start, but like i've said before i just don't get what he actually is now. Is it comedy? Mental Health?

He has a following because people like him. He may run out of steam at some point but that's more to do with the nature of people who promote themselves online like this and the amount you'd need to share to keep that following.

His followers like or relate to him in some way and don't put that much thought into it because the majority of it is meant to be lighthearted so I don't think people care what he 'is' now.

EmmetSpiceland.

I don't know him, I don't think I have ever engaged with him on this site. But I don't like him.

Mod Do not post in this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

But...I thought we were pals?

We are. I was only joking. You're my favourite person on this site :cool: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

A person I cant stand the sight or sound of is Dáithí Ó Sé. A sure of himself talentless nonentity who'd probably like nothing better than to make love to himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 I am tekashi 6ix9ine

Miriam O'Callaghan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Miriam O'Callaghan

Perfectly understandable. Not remotely inexplicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

The smugness that drips from the screen when her and the other wan are presenting is insufferable.

But bring on someone who doesn't tolerate their crud (John McGuirk, and no, I'm not a fan of McGuirk) and they end up sleeping with the fishes.
    Completely destroyed.

Bet they wish Margaret Cash was still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

bocaman wrote: »
    A person I cant stand the sight or sound of is Dáithí Ó Sé. A sure of himself talentless nonentity who'd probably like nothing better than to make love to himself.
    I thought that myself years ago but now I get the impression he can’t believe his luck and will happily keep collecting the pay cheques :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

1 thing I really dislike about him is he gave an interview a while ago joking about how he saves money by not having to buy lunch and instead he eats whatever the chef in the cookery segment of the show makes.

If you watch him you’ll notice he absolutely wolfs down whatever is served up - doesn’t matter what it is, daithi is hovering over it with his fork waiting like a vulture.

it’s like he’s famished with the hunger so ignorantly lorries into it, sometimes even before the chef is finished the recipe....they’ve had to tell him off over his table manners at times.

It just struck me as so mean spirited and calculated from him.

A ridiculous and very unlikeable presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

1 thing I really dislike about him is he gave an interview a while ago joking about how he saves money by not having to buy lunch and instead he eats whatever the chef in the cookery segment of the show makes.

If you watch him you’ll notice he absolutely wolfs down whatever is served up - doesn’t matter what it is, daithi is hovering over it with his fork waiting like a vulture.

it’s like he’s famished with the hunger so ignorantly lorries into it, sometimes even before the chef is finished the recipe....they’ve had to tell him off over his table manners at times.

It just struck me as so mean spirited and calculated from him.

A ridiculous and very unlikeable presenter.
    That’s actually brilliant , because I did see one of the segments and he does look like he’s having his lunch !

• Advertisement

The smugness that drips from the screen when her and the other wan are presenting is insufferable.

But bring on someone who doesn't tolerate their crud (John McGuirk, and no, I'm not a fan of McGuirk) and they end up sleeping with the fishes.
    Completely destroyed.

Bet they wish Margaret Cash was still around.

Do you like anyone? :confused:

Do you like anyone? :confused:

In media?

Lots of people I like. Some others hate I like. Just... Irish media types 'now' tend to be very one dimensional.
    I remember when you had genuine, 'real' people presenting stuff. Like, there was none of this gawddamn 'persona'.

I still feel like Marty Whelan is genuine. I was indifferent to Eileen Whelan. But after her news broadcast when Keelin Shanley passed, and how she thanked people for their words of support on twitter, I was genuinely impressed.

I respected her after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Star Fish

Hey Big Up Marty
    We all love him.. let's just back to da real ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Star Fish

Paying big bucks here for TV licence
    They don't deserve the wages
    Absolutely nothing new ..
    Bored outta me head tbf
    Grim tv

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Star Fish wrote: »
    Paying big bucks here for TV licence
    They don't deserve the wages
    Absolutely nothing new ..
    Bored outta me head tbf
    Grim tv

Hardly watch ordinary telly anymore, constant add breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

He was the movie and TV show on newstalk a few months ago......they bring people on to talk about their favourite movie

They've had people come in with Star Wars, The Godfather, Casablanca Some like it hot ......etc.....these are classics

But Daithi...no....

As I'm listening.....I'm thinking.....he's from Kerry....don't tell me he's going to pick......and he does......The Field

FFS ....The Field

Twat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

micar wrote: »
    He was the movie and TV show on newstalk a few months ago......they bring people on to talk about their favourite movie

They've had people come in with Star Wars, The Godfather, Casablanca Some like it hot ......etc.....these are classics

But Daithi...no....

As I'm listening.....I'm thinking.....he's from Kerry....don't tell me he's going to pick......and he does......The Field

FFS ....The Field

Twat

I had a neighbour like Daithi years ago, sound lad but knew nothing about anything outside his own little realm, so bad music and Transit vans he could talk all day, outside of that blank

• Registered Users Posts: 30,198 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Out of the people I know who had dealing with RTÉ male celebrities. Daithi is meant to be the soundest.

• Site Banned Posts: 18 Trump Derangement Syndrome

Miriam O'Callaghan

Miriam O'Callaghan

My cousin knew one of her daughters...

Lets just say, they weren't friends. Couldn't stand her, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I had a neighbour like Daithi years ago, sound lad but knew nothing about anything outside his own little realm, so bad music and Transit vans he could talk all day, outside of that blank

Kerry people in a nutshell.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Kerry people in a nutshell.

Ah now. I cannot abide generalizations. There is the general stereotype of the 'GAA and nothing else' fellow.

But you'll find Kerry people are a lot more varied than that. It's like saying all Cork people are suspicious of everything.
    Not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ah now. I cannot abide generalizations. There is the general stereotype of the 'GAA and nothing else' fellow.

But you'll find Kerry people are a lot more varied than that. It's like saying all Cork people are suspicious of everything.
    Not true.

A Cork person would ask around as to why you said that and whose people you belong to.

Miriam O'Callaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

Alex Jones

Alex Jones

The overfed deranged spewing conspiracy theorist? Yeah, hard to fathom that one alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

The overfed deranged spewing conspiracy theorist? Yeah, hard to fathom that one alright.

No not that one, the welsh presenter on BBC One Show

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The lights are on but no one's at home.

The Welsh tv personality? Harmless enough sort I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The Welsh tv personality? Harmless enough sort I'd imagine.

You might even say it’s “inexplicable”.

The tide is turning…

Advertisement