Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

banie01 wrote: »
    If they try and pull a purchase block type stroke on RH or any of the other platforms this time round, I'd bet a nut that there will be a lot more fallout than just a congressional hearing.

I hope you have 2 nuts so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I hope you have 2 nuts so.

I do, but one of them is not long for this earth ;)
    So I'll be happy to offer it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Roblox live @ 70

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

RBLX ticker finally moving on yahoo finance at $70

Hopefully degiro is next

Edit: just bought on degiro

ShaneU wrote: »

Hopefully degiro is next

NSY - 15m delay as standard on DeGiro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Still stuck on pending order with Trading 212

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

ShaneU wrote: »

Hopefully degiro is next

Edit: just bought on degiro
    Not on my degiro. I am Virgin Media though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Jeff2

ROBLOX is on Revolut.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    ROBLOX is on Revolut.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

Got some RBLX @ $64.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

bawnBeag wrote: »
    Got some RBLX @ $64.5

Lol same here got me 4 Robux

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Same here. 14 shares @ 64.50

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Bought 10 @64.5 with Degiro. Could be in for a bumpy ride for a few days I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Anybody own or have any opinion on Wuxi Biologics. Saw it referenced twice in last week as a good diversification play on growing chinese market. Trades in HK.

Seems to have high PE although PEG ratio may be more attractive. They're growing revenues, expanding quickly.

Hard to find info on financials or any chat on Twitter/Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Kilough wrote: »
    Anybody own or have any opinion on Wuxi Biologics. Saw it referenced twice in last week as a good diversification play on growing chinese market. Trades in HK.

Seems to have high PE although PEG ratio may be more attractive. They're growing revenues, expanding quickly.

Hard to find info on financials or any chat on Twitter/Reddit

They’re building a major manufacturing plant in Dundalk, I think it’s costing c. €325M and is due for competition next year.

I’d assume that’s to facilitate expanding into European markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

They have or will shortly have commercial manufacturing ops in China, Ireland, Germany and US. They have 125 projects in early-phase (phase I and II) clinical development, 19 projects in late-phase (phase III) development and one project in commercial manufacturing.

All of these projects will have development milestone payments and royalties from commercial sales. Guessing if a handful of these projects make it, they're in for big revenue.

Maybe bit of a lower risk/ reward than the smaller more focused therapeutics like Crispr, Odesa etc

• Moderators Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Is GEVO worth a punt now that its at 8.70 odd ?

I think this company could potentially have a very bright future and would like to buy and hold

thanks

Some company for reverse splitting
    https://www.splithistory.com/gevo/

Long time ago though, but their "max" graph history of the stock looks crazy!

With an the gains today, gevo was my only watched stocks to go down.

Buzzfeed in talks with ENFA as per Bloomberg Terminal

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Buzzfeed in talks with ENFA as per Bloomberg Terminal

image.png

20 percent bump. When this was mentioned for some other SPAC's it caused a dump. I'm guessing people like the valuation as it's up 20%.

Is it possible that people dump so fast that stop lose were not triggered in Gamestop shares.

Then when triggered it was way lower.
    I t all seem like people playing around and others losing money as I wouldn't pay $20 for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭jams100

Is it possible that people dump so fast that stop lose were not triggered in Gamestop shares.

Then when triggered it was way lower.
    I t all seem like people playing around and others losing money as I wouldn't pay $20 for it.

That's why I don't set stop losses or recommend them.

The big players can see the order flows, so when thousands of people set their stop losses they can presumably see that, so then they just sell their 100k shares or whatever and that causes loads of stop losses to be triggered, then they just buy back the shares at the reduced price.

Also, for the new people, if u set a stop loss for $100, that doesn't mean you'll get stopped out at $100 you could end up with $80 or 60 or 50 etc.

If your smart enough you'll probably leave gamestop well alone, long term its only going to go one direction. (I, like many others wonder why they haven't issued more shares to capitalise on this opportunity? This would actuallygive them a good chance at a revival)

Anyway good luck to anyone who did get in when it was at double digit numbers!

jams100 wrote: »
    That's why I don't set stop losses or recommend them.

Don't set stop-losses on anything liable to be shorted, stop-loss raids are a thing. CCIV was a great example of it recently on a high-interest stock. Then there's hedges literally covering their position and/or taking massive profit by dumping huge amounts of stock on the market. Finally there's feckers like silverlake who play it both ways, e.g.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amc-ent-holdg-silverlake-idUSKBN29W2XO

Strange it (Gamestop) was stopped trading 4 times today on way down and 2 on way up. I think.

Anyway I've no skin in the game but laughing at what's going on. :D

Strange it (Gamestop) was stopped trading 4 times today on way down and 2 on way up. I think.

Anyway I've no skin in the game but laughing at what's going on. :D

Other way around, and I think it was twice on the way down and five times on the way up if memory serves me correctly. And the up-halts were ridiculous, supposed to be +-10%~ AFAIK. Same **** was pulled last Friday when they halted it fully until AH kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

USA Tech 100 currently at 1.83% up premarket, hopeful of another Tech Tuesday like gains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Anyone have thoughts on the Deliveroo IPO?

Will be available to retail pre-IPO to max of £1000, not sure if this UK only though.
    Still very much a growth company, barely profitable, reduced their debt considerably in the last 12 months.
    Potential issues around their riders not being considered employees, which stung Uber badly.

Hype and it's COVID based increase should mean it will do well initially but unsure about long term prospects.
    The have deals with some big restaurant chains and grocery stores but whether they will remain post-covid remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Opinions on norwegian air shuttle?
    Will it survive or is it ****ed...down 99 percent in past 5 years.

Roblox very strong in pre market around 86 dollars right now. Are people thinking of selling up around 100 dollars?

Also Nio and Redfin are both doing very nicely yesterday and today. Happy camper

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Don't set stop-losses on anything liable to be shorted, stop-loss raids are a thing. CCIV was a great example of it recently on a high-interest stock. Then there's hedges literally covering their position and/or taking massive profit by dumping huge amounts of stock on the market. Finally there's feckers like silverlake who play it both ways, e.g.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amc-ent-holdg-silverlake-idUSKBN29W2XO
    Learn something new everyday.

I set mine for 310 and it executed at 303. (still have half a share which is all profit at this stage, initial investment covered).

What do you make of this: https://www.forbes.com/sites/georgecalhoun/2021/03/10/gamestop-the-second-surgeanatomy-of-a-gamma-swarm/?sh=622ad0694225

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

buyer95 wrote: »
    Roblox very strong in pre market around 86 dollars right now. Are people thinking of selling up around 100 dollars?

Also Nio and Redfin are both doing very nicely yesterday and today. Happy camper

Yes I plan to get out if it were to hit close to $100. I got them at $64.50.

Advertisement