Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

Having to adjust my stop loss upwards lol madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Time to short GME? Haha

At least people who got in the first time have the option to break even mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Be interesting to see if trading gets restricted like the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

GME drops 40$ in 40 seconds and halts on 3 red candles... How the hell did that happen?

Took a big dip there, stop loss tripped, one share sold, half a share left. Have made a profit now whatever happens :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    Finally bought one lol. Will sell tonight

Impeccable timing as always :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Jeez... I was just about to buy 4 shares...THANK GOD!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

According to reddit someone unloaded 16k GME shares to cause the drop

ShaneU wrote: »
    Impeccable timing as always :D
    You blew it for us all :D:D:D hit 260

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Noob alert - could someone please help me how to setup a "Stop Limit" order on DeGiro.

For instance, I want to create a SELL order which I want to happen if the price drops below $300, but I don't want the sell to happen if the price drops below $250. So when I try setting $Limit at 300 and $Stop price at 250, it gives me some error.

Am I doing this right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    GME is sucking diesel. It is flying up now

certainly is...in both directions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You blew it for us all :D:D:D hit 260

LOL got out at $288

Sorry guys party's over :D

positron wrote: »
    Noob alert - could someone please help me how to setup a "Stop Limit" order on DeGiro.

For instance, I want to create a SELL order which I want to happen if the price drops below $300, but I don't want the sell to happen if the price drops below $250. So when I try setting $Limit at 300 and $Stop price at 250, it gives me some error.

Am I doing this right?

Is that even possible on any broker? It does remind me that I don't know the difference between a Stop Limit and Stop Price haha

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    According to reddit someone unloaded 16k GME shares to cause the drop

not sure that makes sense, AMC has being tracking an almost identical pattern....unless the same person held alot of AMC too

GME halted twice on the downswing. 340-248 in 15 minutes. Absolutely wiped out all the margin accounts and anyone with rising stop losses.

3rd halt; $216. Bloodbath.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Seems to have stopped trading.

pioneerpro wrote: »
    GME halted twice on the downswing. 340-248 in 15 minutes. Absolutely wiped out all the margin accounts and anyone with rising stop losses.
    What could cause this? Someone dumping a massive pile of shares?

Raises the question on if it's a good buy when it's back at 40. I assume it will find support there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

positron wrote: »

Am I doing this right?

Try other way around. Limit is the price that stops stop loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭✭banie01

A lot of stop/loss orders cleared out there on GME I'd guess!
    What a drop!

None sold on my part just yet tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Seems to have stopped trading.

Yeah and it doesn't look like a halt.

4 halts - two down for silly money, two up for piddling amounts. Support @ 200.

pioneerpro wrote: »
    4 halts - two down for silly money, two up for piddling amounts. Support @ 200.

1.5million shares dumped to drop the price and trigger stops.
    Would love to see the L2 data on the last hour or so.

banie01 wrote: »
    Would love to see the L2 data on the last hour or so.

I'll post it later but the charts are out of control atm. Enjoy Mr.Reddit's wild ride in the meantime. 3rd halt on green candles.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Bought two at 235.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Ffs everyone stop stop stop with gme, I was 3% up an hour ago, gone negative now ugh ha.

Das Reich wrote: »
    Bought two at 235.

Last time saw two big peaks before the decline. I reckon it goes well up before it eventually drops. Seems to be following a similar pattern. Although last time they had more ways to block people buying shares.

cronos wrote: »
    Last time saw two big peaks before the decline. I reckon it goes well up before it eventually drops. Seems to be following a similar pattern. Although last time they had more ways to block people buying shares.

If they try and pull a purchase block type stroke on RH or any of the other platforms this time round, I'd bet a nut that there will be a lot more fallout than just a congressional hearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Das Reich wrote: »
    Bought two at 235.

I got another 2 at 225 even tho my order was placed at 200 but it penned until 225:rolleyes:

Advertisement