Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Yeah but if you notice... The mercs advert has no information.

Maybe you should have read the ad?

Merc Ad
    Mercedes-Benz C36 AMG (LHD)
    Brilliant Silver with AMG Black Nappa Sport
    AMG 5 Spoke Mono Wheels
    Full Climate / Sunroof
    Extensive Service History

Skoda Ad
    Skoda Octavia Scout (2007) for sale
    10 months NCT (Jan 2022)
    Taxed until end May 2021
    4 good tyres all 90 per cent plus
    Note: alloys seen in picture are Not for sale with vehicle. Will come with a original Skoda alloys.
    Good service history from 2007 onwards
    Timing belt done in 2020 at 327810 km
    4 X 4 version. 6 speed manual.
    Great winter car. Great on snow etc
    Has tow bar fitted
    X2 keys. Central locking.

Not much in the difference when there's no pictures to back anything up.
    No pic of the alloys you'll be getting,
    No pic of the good service history.
    Are the 90 "per cent plus" tyres on the invisible alloys or what?
    In summary both Ad's are brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Can you take it to PMs please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Sorry, last one

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/00-bmw-3-series-coupe/27403002

165k miles, base spec 318 manual, a smidgen of NCT, €3k!
    The KY reg generally won't be too well received in South County Dublin either.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭supersaint3

Speedline wrote: »
    Are we in an alternate universe or something? It's literally the price of a brand new car.

Same as this one, I know there aren't many of them around but come on seriously it's a toyota tractor with 250km

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-amazon-crewcab-cvrt-11-21-/27325410

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Speedline

Same as this one, I know there aren't many of them around but come on seriously it's a toyota tractor with 250km

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-amazon-crewcab-cvrt-11-21-/27325410

To be fair I think they were over 100k euros when new. With a v8 on cheap tax. I wouldn't pay 20k for one personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Afraid you're showing a serious lack of knowledge. The Amazon has a global reputation for being one of the best 4x4's you can buy. Bomb-proof Toyota reliability that can go almost anywhere. They're highly sought after, particularly in Australia, as touring rigs. They go forever if looked after, in serious comfort.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they get very close to that asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭rn

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-2010-1-4-petrol-new-nct/27419118 I like these and this one has low enough milage. But rear bumper has seen better days to command this money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

rn wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-2010-1-4-petrol-new-nct/27419118 I like these and this one has low enough milage. But rear bumper has seen better days to command this money.

Is it a 1.4 or 1.8? The 1.8 has a nice engine but I wouldn't call that low mileage at at least 10k a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭supersaint3

Top Dog wrote: »
    Afraid you're showing a serious lack of knowledge. The Amazon has a global reputation for being one of the best 4x4's you can buy. Bomb-proof Toyota reliability that can go almost anywhere. They're highly sought after, particularly in Australia, as touring rigs. They go forever if looked after, in serious comfort.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they get very close to that asking price.

"Afraid you're showing a serious lack of knowledge"... 😂 Read the post again there and then read it in context ie what I was replying to there's a good man

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

newmember? wrote: »
    Is it a 1.4 or 1.8? The 1.8 has a nice engine but I wouldn't call that low mileage at at least 10k a year.

They only come in 1.3/1.4 on the hybrid.
    That’s overpriced even if the bumper was perfect.

• Advertisement

Most annoying thing about that Amazon is all the copper grease they used on the boot hinges and latch. Does my head in when garages do that. Have ruined a few suits from copper grease on door latches.

DABD689-C-58-B3-4736-8-BE3-6-D4-B084-D52-C7.jpg

Those olden day crewcab conversions can be pretty shonky sometimes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-edge-titanium-2-0-tdci-210-bhp-awd-huge-spe/26969878

Ridiculously overpriced.
    I know these were way overpriced new to start with and that's one of the reasons they didn't sell, but surely dealers need to price them accordingly second hand, and not based on the ridiculous new price.

I think that would have been €65k of a car here (that ones an import)
    They were comically overpriced when new, Ford dropped the price last year, I think they stopped selling them in the uk a few years ago.

I had a poke around one a few years, was disappointed to see the lights and panels weren’t very well aligned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Asking price is the same as a brand new, off the factory floor X-Trail or a every box checked Qashqai.
    They may not have the power but do you really need it?
    Madness.

They’re supposed to be in a class above the Kuga, but they’re not 7 seat so they don’t compete with Santa Fe/Sorenro etc. I don’t see the appeal, they definitely aren’t sought after.

You’d have to assume they either took that in against something horrendous that they had to sell, or that they’re being cheeky with their asking price.

I've only ever seen one of those on the road - a gold colour one in Cork about 6 months ago. At the time I thought it was just an ST kitted Kuga :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Friend of mine has one, unreliable and expensive are two words that spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I know it’s only a small thing but look at the state of the plastics in picture 10. Like something out of a mid 00s Skoda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Most annoying thing about that Amazon is all the copper grease they used on the boot hinges and latch. Does my head in when garages do that. Have ruined a few suits from copper grease on door latches.

Those olden day crewcab conversions can be pretty shonky sometimes too.

Well lahhh dheee dahhh Colm, only the fanciest pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I know it’s only a small thing but look at the state of the plastics in picture 10. Like something out of a mid 00s Skoda

I've found this in every Ford I've worked on, they can never get interiors right. They feel cheap.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    I've found this in every Ford I've worked on, they can never get interiors right. They feel cheap.

Tis true!

If you've ever been in say a Passat Highline it feels classy and right. A Mondeo Titanium X just feels like a cheap car with a lot of extras.

rizzodun wrote: »
    Well lahhh dheee dahhh Colm, only the fanciest pants.

Sorry, I meant track suit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Tis true!

If you've ever been in say a Passat Highline it feels classy and right. A Mondeo Titanium X just feels like a cheap car with a lot of extras.
    LOL I dont think you could ever feel classy in a Passat!

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    LOL I dont think you could ever feel classy in a Passat!

I'm far from a VW fan but they do have perceived value and quality down to a T with the interior

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I had a poke around one a few years, was disappointed to see the lights and panels weren’t very well aligned.

Thats nothing new with Fords, a friend used to work in Ford. They'd have to realign some panels because they were that bad

I think that would have been €65k of a car here (that ones an import)
    They were comically overpriced when new, Ford dropped the price last year, I think they stopped selling them in the uk a few years ago.

I actually like the look of them and theyve a good sized boot so I was contemplating one last summer, but they are a ripoff for what they are, so I decided against it.

CianRyan wrote: »

Yep, Ford seem to have a pathological aversion to creating even half decent interiors.
    The infotainment reminds me of those tomytronic games from the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Sorry, last one

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/00-bmw-3-series-coupe/27403002

YjU5ZDY1OTRkMTVmYWU2Yjg3NjVhYTdmODlmYTVkZjPoOqp4kX-kizG35an380jXaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI5MzUxMzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

165k miles, base spec 318 manual, a smidgen of NCT, €3k!

I sold the very same car, m-sport, leather, pdc, 120k miles, new NCT and serviced for €800 a few months back and probably did well to get it. :pac:

I sold the very same car, m-sport, leather, pdc, 120k miles, new NCT and serviced for €800 a few months back and probably did well to get it. :pac:
    I sold a 03 m-sport with leather, 110k, tax/test and knackered alternator for €900 just after Christmas. Paid 1600 for it 17 months prior so I was happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Yep, Ford seem to have a pathological aversion to creating even half decent interiors.
    The infotainment reminds me of those tomytronic games from the 80s.

Have a 2009 Kuga as a second family car, and while it drives very well as you'd expect, a nicely sorted chassis for a tall car, the interior plastics are showing their age. The silver coating on the radio is chipped in several places, the horn symbol has all but vanished from the steering wheel pad, and the trim panels on the ends of the dash don't fit great. This in a car we've had since 2013 and has been well looked after. I've had cars that were older and treated less well that held up better on the inside. As for that Edge... my god I wouldn't pay the smell of it for a kuga with a slightly bigger boot

Advertisement