Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

massy086 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2015-ford-mondeo/27310010.
    Not sure if it's been posted already but my god!!!!!
    And the icing on the cake of nearly 250k km on it. Just wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Not gonna lie the bumper and rear lights are pretty cool, they’d look well on anything other than that horrendous POS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

massy086 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2015-ford-mondeo/27310010.
    Not sure if it's been posted already but my god!!!!!

Meth is a hell of a drug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

L-M wrote: »
    Not gonna lie the bumper and rear lights are pretty cool, they’d look well on anything other than that horrendous POS

You can see the GPS location on the screen.
    Maybe somebody does him a favour and lights it on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Tzardine wrote: »
    You can see the GPS location on the screen.
    Maybe somebody does him a favour and lights it on fire.

Doubt the insurance company would pay him what he thinks it’s worth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Doubt the insurance company would pay him what he thinks it’s worth!

I would imagine they would void the policy given the amount of Wish electronics in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 teabag1993

Honestly, when I come to power the people who ruin their cars in this way should have their cars crushed with them still inside

teabag1993 wrote: »
    Honestly, when I come to power the people who ruin their cars in this way should have their cars crushed with them still inside
    Down with this sort of thing!
    We should all have the right to free expression.
    Just not the right to try sell it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Doublebusy

Cool mustang
    Oohh its a mondeo
    Nearly fooled me

• Registered Users Posts: 12 teabag1993

Agreed, I'll make an amendment- "thou shalt not sell it for an extortionate price"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Speedline

teabag1993 wrote: »
    Agreed, I'll make an amendment- "thou shalt not sell it for an extortionate price"

His wife probably told him to get rid of it. So he whacked it up for 20k knowing it won't sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Speedline wrote: »
    His wife probably told him to get rid of it. So he whacked it up for 20k knowing it won't sell.

Mammy more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

I presume that Black to gold color change is a wrap as opposed to full respray?
    Must of cost a few grand doing all that to the car. New wheels color change , electrical gizmos, labour. Wouldnt be my cup of tea but sure if it keeps the owner happy. :cool: In fairness at least it doesnt have one of those huge bolted on wing spoilers on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Does it have red leather? It mentions cover seats in the ad that can be removed but the door cards appear red too.

As mentioned it must have been pricey to do all that

lassykk wrote: »

....it must have been pricey a complete waste of money to do all that

Fixed your post.

They sank a load of money into something that they had for a year. They will get none of it back. If anything, it has actually reduced the value of the car by a chunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Tzardine wrote: »
    Fixed your post.

They sank a load of money into something that they had for a year. They will get none of it back. If anything, it has actually reduced the value of the car by a chunk.

I would actually disagree with that - while they have certainly reduced the pool of buyers who would be interested im sure there would be people who would much prefer this to a standard mondeo and it would be right up their alley.

Not my cup of tea to be clear but im sure he'll get what he paid for it back (but nowhere near the asking price).

cpoh1 wrote: »
    im sure there would be people who would much prefer this to a standard mondeo and it would be right up their alley.

You are probably right. I found a picture of his target market.

vA1Ymby.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The only way that will leave his drive is if it's stolen.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

cpoh1 wrote: »
    I would actually disagree with that - while they have certainly reduced the pool of buyers who would be interested im sure there would be people who would much prefer this to a standard mondeo and it would be right up their alley.

Not my cup of tea to be clear but im sure he'll get what he paid for it back (but nowhere near the asking price).

Does the pool of buyers even exist?
    If someone wants to buy a car with great performance, and has a budget of over 15k, then they aren't going to buy a modded 2.0 Diesel Mondeo with high mileage.

Any interested buyer should be asking who did the electrical work, and does it come with a warranty. The wiring loom would have been extended for the tablets in the back seats, and the "stars". Worst case, a fault causes the car to burn..... or is that best case for this poor Mondeo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

• Advertisement

Even at €3500 it would be ambitious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Reg hidden, poor photos, left hand drive, not verified and NCT due next month.

Gwan ta f...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's obviously a mistake. But even still if they meant 3500 it's still over priced imo.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27324613
    Dreamer or not?
    Making 2k in UK (if you can find one)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was about to say how is that a dreamer until I read the description and he is looking for over 2500.

And I will just add offers over 2500. He must think he will have people ringing him up having bidding wars or something.

I don't know how popular they are but I know they were never on my radar as something I would like to own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

They'd be one of my little tips to have a cult following and become sought after in the next few years, only in short wheelbase though. Having said that, one that's sat up unused for that long would want to be a 3 figure price, not 4

TrailerBob wrote: »
    They'd be one of my little tips to have a cult following and become sought after in the next few years, only in short wheelbase though. Having said that, one that's sat up unused for that long would want to be a 3 figure price, not 4

Was only thinking that during the weekend, an elderly neighbour has a very original looking SWB one in white.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

They're quite well adored in North America it seems, Canadians and yanks mad to put gtfour engines into them.

Can't say they've ever been on the radar here as anything fun or cool, but as stuff gets older it seems to get sweeter, even the boring stuff.

Cheensbo wrote: »
    They're quite well adored in North America it seems, Canadians and yanks mad to put gtfour engines into them.

Can't say they've ever been on the radar here as anything fun or cool, but as stuff gets older it seems to get sweeter, even the boring stuff.
    Wouldn’t call a mk1 Rav boring (maybe you weren’t either). When you see what mid 90s Corollas and Carinas are going for (and they’re boring) I think the little Rav mk1 is pretty cool and pretty much started the whole suv thing.

• Advertisement

TrailerBob wrote: »

Wasn’t there a 5 door black one (sporty model) sold recently on DD? It was up here on Boards. Wasn’t my cup of tea at all but think it made strong money.

Advertisement