Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

clio_16v wrote: »
    1986 Toyota Starlet. Great condition. 24800.

https://www.topspecmotors.ie/car-details/?2771820/

No interior pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27465158

Very nice caravelle, 00, one owner, Nct until 2022, 47k miles.

Worth €14950?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I Was VB wrote: »

I think they entered a 1 by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Would that be ex-airport authority or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Would that be ex-airport authority or something?

Having seen and being in some airside only ramp vehicles id highly doubt it. They’re known to be in rag order, constantly changing between crews.

Dublin Aerospace are still using a 1997 Toyota Estima!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Same as this one, I know there aren't many of them around but come on seriously it's a toyota tractor with 250km

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-amazon-crewcab-cvrt-11-21-/27325410
    Top Dog wrote: »
    Afraid you're showing a serious lack of knowledge. The Amazon has a global reputation for being one of the best 4x4's you can buy. Bomb-proof Toyota reliability that can go almost anywhere. They're highly sought after, particularly in Australia, as touring rigs. They go forever if looked after, in serious comfort.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they get very close to that asking price.

That's a 100 series 4.2L V6 TD Amazon which is equivalent to the LC Sahara in Australia, reasonably priced as well... a 2003 Sahara with 250k is about $40k (€25k) in Oz. They don't even sell the successor which is the 200 series anymore in the UK/IRL they just selling the smaller brother the LC Prado, so a LC will be more of a rarity.

They will do 450k-500k easily if you look after them, Land Cruisers are one of the most popular cars on the road usually in the top 10 selling models

I have a 2011 200 series GXL 4.5L V8 Twin VG TD and its very capable, comfortable and can pull like a a bastard, I take it into the bush or up to Stockton Dune and the only thing that can stop it is the WW2 Tank traps.

546740.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Tzardine wrote: »
    I think they entered a 1 by mistake.

Yeah, the zero on the end. They're a horrible horrible yoke to drive you'd need to be stretch Armstrong to reach the gear lever. At least that one doesn't have the killer light switch, the earlier dash had a flat switch that you could oh so easily hit with the back of your hand and end up in total darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ek4-sir/27516671

Looks like a nice example tbf but still, 10.5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

18 owners too and that's just in Ireland. Probably 2 or 3 in Japan.

Few things wrong with it as well. Madness considering the price he is looking for it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

+1. It's the usual case of the work and money spent by an enthusiast rarely translates into values. It can on some rarer stuff or collectable models, but in the end it's a nicely done up SiR, not a Type R. Then again the EK9 R's are probably daft money now? I haven't looked but considering how the DC2's have gone I'd be very surprised if the EK's weren't as daft or even dafter as they were the rarer car. Still 10.5 k is pretty rich. If he got half that I'd be surprised tbh. It's a very narrow market out there, especially in Ireland.

TBH the number of owners wouldn't throw me too much. Down the years I've noticed JDM imports in general and above other kinds of cars tend to have a high turnover of owners anyway. They seem to be often bought to scratch an itch and then moved on, or the insurance costs only make sense for a year or two. it's only true fans utter eejits like me that hang onto one so it's only got two owners from new. Plus add in the two decades it's been around.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-sprinter-carib-corolla-wagon-estate-e11/27521664

OTdjZGVmMjk3OTgwZjZiMjY5YzhjODViMTFkOGUzYTi4vylmzLP2F-_NBK_y0QiMaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQxMjk3ODZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is all kinds of cool. But at €7k not even I can love it

Its an automatic E11 Corolla!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If it was 20v I could justify 7k

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

PsychoPete wrote: »

Or maybe a 4x4 or something. Anything to make it more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

B16 Civics have gone mental lately, to the point they I'll never buy one.
    It's not that I wouldn't love one or couldn't afford it but they're not worth that asking price, an EK9 in good condition all day but modified EK4s that have lived on the limited, nah. No way.

It's a shame but I'm sure it'll collapse eventually, people will come to their senses.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Walking_Wolf

That's about right for one of those tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Absolutely mint, these have got to that point the price will only go one way.

It does look crazy money but they will command a high price especially ones like it as it looks to be minded like a baby.

1 photo...... 1 flucking photo, part of the rear light and M3 badge...... Wtf

Absolutely mint, these have got to that point the price will only go one way.

It does look crazy money but they will command a high price especially ones like it as it looks to be minded like a baby.

I was offered one in the recession. 1500 euros. Same lad was trying to sell a Galant VR4 for similar money. He'd lost his business and couldn't get the dole.

Unfortunately I was on the bones of my arse as well. Oh well.

• Advertisement

Speedline wrote: »
    I was offered one in the recession. 1500 euros. Same lad was trying to sell a Galant VR4 for similar money. He'd lost his business and couldn't get the dole.

Unfortunately I was on the bones of my arse as well. Oh well.

Yeah missed out big time, lad in work let one go too.... Lost a fortune on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Even then you couldn't, in all honesty.

It's cool and it looks immaculate but it's a €1500-2k car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Looks completely original and well minded to me. It's worth that all day long going by what they're going for these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Killinator

Hate that's it's just flatley advertised as an EK4, it's a Civic! same as BMWs being advertised as E36s or VWs as Mk5s.
    Just call them Civics, 3-Series and Golfs like they're actually called and stop pretending they're even more special or fancy by using the model generation identifier instead of the model name! /Rant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Using ek4,ek9,320d, etc makes it alot easier to differentiate between models

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Killinator wrote: »
    Hate that's it's just flatley advertised as an EK4, it's a Civic! same as BMWs being advertised as E36s or VWs as Mk5s.
    Just call them Civics, 3-Series and Golfs like they're actually called and stop pretending they're even more special or fancy by using the model generation identifier instead of the model name! /Rant

Honestly if I was looking for a Civic I'd be searching EK4, EG6 etc. If I'm looking for a hot hatch then why would I want to see the absolute sea of 1.4 slow boats?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Killinator

Using ek4,ek9,320d, etc makes it alot easier to differentiate between models

Well I'm not so up.on Civics so maybe the EK stuff points to a specific model.

My point being a 320 or 330d is the specific model. I've seen loads of adds that just say E36 which is just the specific generation, with no additional info like 320 or 330 or whatever.

It's just a pet peeves, I'd just like the add to have the proper full vehicle model info and not just the generation...maybe hate was the wrong term!

Two different prices €27,900 or €24,900, take your pick. Would insurance be a huge problem on one of those, a stunning car in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Two different prices €27,900 or €24,900, take your pick. Would insurance be a huge problem on one of those, a stunning car in fairness.
    Over 30 years old so classic insurance and vintage tax:cool:

• Advertisement

Top Dog wrote: »
    Over 30 years old so classic insurance and vintage tax:cool:

Nice car to be tipping around in on classic insurance. I just thought they might baulk being such a fast car, even by today's standards they're still a fast car.

Advertisement