Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Yay! Problem seems to have resolved itself overnight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

Bumped into Celeste there and got Pisces Lamp DIY, can open up island if anyone in need of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,190 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

New to the amiibo thing but daughter saw the sanrio video and really wants the furniture. Quick look online suggests the stuff sells out super fast. the french site fnac has them for pre-order so I've put an order in there. We'll see if I get it. was €10 with delivery (€6 without)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Dodge wrote: »
    New to the amiibo thing but daughter saw the sanrio video and really wants the furniture. Quick look online suggests the stuff sells out super fast. the french site fnac has them for pre-order so I've put an order in there. We'll see if I get it. was €10 with delivery (€6 without)

Nice one! Am hoping Smyths/Gamestop get them in here. Prices for fake ones have already gone up and costing way more than the official ones will. I have Etoiles amiibo (my sister bought it online for me for Happy Home Designer) so will invite her while waiting on the release of the whole pack. Think the update is out before thy re-release the amiibos and I'm so impatient!!! Hubby can use the phone as any amiibo but it kind of feels like cheating!! My daughter was devasted when Willow left her island so hubby used his phone to get her back. So far I've resisted the urge to use it. I love villager hunting! But if I can't get any of the Saneio cards I'd be tempted to get Chai. Its about time Tia had some help running the cafe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Nice one! Am hoping Smyths/Gamestop get them in here. Prices for fake ones have already gone up and costing way more than the official ones will. I have Etoiles amiibo (my sister bought it online for me for Happy Home Designer) so will invite her while waiting on the release of the whole pack. Think the update is out before thy re-release the amiibos and I'm so impatient!!! Hubby can use the phone as any amiibo but it kind of feels like cheating!! My daughter was devasted when Willow left her island so hubby used his phone to get her back. So far I've resisted the urge to use it. I love villager hunting! But if I can't get any of the Saneio cards I'd be tempted to get Chai. Its about time Tia had some help running the cafe!!!

How does he use his phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

After seeing that post earlier i got the app to allow me to use my phone for amiibo aswell as all of the amiibo cards but it only works with Samsung phones which is very annoying.

How does he use his phone?

Like RR mentioned there's apps you can get. So its the Joy Con Droid app for Samsung and then you just download the data for the amiibo you need. Then pair your phone with the switch so you can use it as your joy con.....

I honestly haven't a clue but he makes it look easy!!

Like RR mentioned there's apps you can get. So its the Joy Con Droid app for Samsung and then you just download the data for the amiibo you need. Then pair your phone with the switch so you can use it as your joy con.....

I honestly haven't a clue but he makes it look easy!!

Ah ok. I have an iPhone and there’s nothing similar that I can find in the App Store :(

I time travelled to tomorrow morning, and then Tuesday and then Wednesday...

All I can say is I love the Mario stuff...

Cube from Hibernia has joined my island.

Also shooting stars tonight!

• Advertisement

tbahh wrote: »
    Cube from Hibernia has joined my island.

Also shooting stars tonight!

Ah he was with me! He left a while ago now. I got him from someone else’s island here too. He’s a bit of a traveler :) I didn’t like his eyes at all. Freaked me out a bit.

Wouldn’t mind popping over for some stars - I need 2 Pisces fragments but I’ve an interview tomorrow morning I’m supposed to be preparing for.

Ah he was with me! He left a while ago now. I got him from someone else’s island here too. He’s a bit of a traveler :) I didn’t like his eyes at all. Freaked me out a bit.

Wouldn’t mind popping over for some stars - I need 2 Pisces fragments but I’ve an interview tomorrow morning I’m supposed to be preparing for.

Yeah, the eyes are a bit off-putting. I'm sure he will be on his travels again soon. :)

I can open whenever later so you can pop over for a few minutes if you get the chance.

Yeah, the eyes are a bit off-putting. I'm sure he will be on his travels again soon. :)

I can open whenever later so you can pop over for a few minutes if you get the chance.

Oo I had Cube over Christmas, wonder if its the same fella.... Spent 70 odd nmt yesterday getting Murphy for Paddys Day. Came across Cube again and most of the other penguins on my hunt!!

Best of luck in the interview!!

Oo I had Cube over Christmas, wonder if its the same fella.... Spent 70 odd nmt yesterday getting Murphy for Paddys Day. Came across Cube again and most of the other penguins on my hunt!!

Best of luck in the interview!!

Thanks!
    I’m still searching for Gaston. It’s been months now. Spent 36 NMTs the other day and got nothing but kangaroos - Rooney 3 times! I don’t like the kangaroos at all.
    Eventually found Sprocket and decided to give him a chance. The search for Gaston continues!

Update on this. Got an email from FNAC to say they won’t be able to fulfill the preorder

No money was charged so no real harm. Means I’ll have to go looking again though!

Update on this. Got an email from FNAC to say they won’t be able to fulfill the preorder

No money was charged so no real harm. Means I’ll have to go looking again though!

Aw no what a shame. I'm sure they'll release them here soon. People are making a killing on the homemade ones so Nintendo will definitely want some of that action!!!!

And there are stars! Going to open island in a few minutes. Might be away from keyboard for a lot of it but feel free to pop on over!

Edit: Open to friends now!

And there are stars! Going to open island in a few minutes. Might be away from keyboard for a lot of it but feel free to pop on over!

Edit: Open to friends now!

Cool! I’ll pop over but probably won’t be chatty as I’m reciting my interview examples while I do it :)

I've closed for the mo, if you want me to open island again later for stars, let me know!

The museum is finished!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

The museum is finished!!

Congrats! Let me guess, the firefly squid was the last one? :D

I'm still looking for Wild Painting - Left Half, Gallant Statue, Tremendous Statue and Valiant Statue if anyone has any spares?

Firefly squid caught tonight. Just minutes after the spider crab

The museum is finished!!

Super Congrats!! Im still hunting for the spider crab and one of those rare stags/beeetles....

Oh and LOTS of art!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Firefly squid caught tonight. Just minutes after the spider crab
    Congrats on the completion of the museum!

I've been quite lax in catching stuff. How and where do I catch these?

The underwater wildlife I just don't bother with anymore... :o

Sea creatures. Finished the bugs (dung beetle last one) and fish (stringfish was last) in December. Art shortly after (I think)

Had to wait for March for the last two sea creatures

Now I’m waiting on a blue rose (well three of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I missed the spiny lobster in December! I need to make a Southern hemisphere friend.

I have a meteor shower tonight, will try to open the gates for a while. I can leave out the Sanrio posters too if anyone wants to catalogue them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Gates are open, I'll try keep an eye that the console doesn't go to sleep while I'm making the dinner!

Celeste is currently near the plaza, she has the pisces lamp recipe. I left the sanrio posters out in front of the plaza if anyone wants to catalogue them.

Missed that. Need the latest Celeste DIY too!

Open for friends now. I’ve left art out to take. Mostly real I think

Moody, solemn and scenic paintings

Warrior, informative, robust, familiar statues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Been playing a couple of months. Had two questions:
    I've got all fruit apart from oranges and cherries. I guess there is no way to get them other than to visit another (real) player who has these? If so, I don't suppose anyone is willing to let me get these?
    I see people talking about hybrid flowers. Is there any reason to go for these, other than just for the fun/ difficulty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

fjon wrote: »
    Been playing a couple of months. Had two questions:
    I've got all fruit apart from oranges and cherries. I guess there is no way to get them other than to visit another (real) player who has these? If so, I don't suppose anyone is willing to let me get these?
    I see people talking about hybrid flowers. Is there any reason to go for these, other than just for the fun/ difficulty?

Hybrid flowers are just for fun (or self torture, depending on how you look at it :D)
    I can open my island this evening for you to pick cherries and oranges if you like.

Advertisement