Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wozniattack

Some movement! My package that's been in heathrow for ages just appeared in Dublin, and finished sorting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Some movement! My package that's been in heathrow for ages just appeared in Dublin, and finished sorting.

Good news! I wonder at what point you hear whether customs charges apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭firstprime

I'm seeing some movement too. Currently all of my parcels that were recieved by AddressPal before the 17th are showing as sorted at Dublin Parcel Hub, and the later orders still showing Heathrow. Looks like they're making their way through them by date recieved.

I just received a preliminary delivery notification email for one of the orders them too. Definitely good news.

I wonder how the backlog will effect delivery timeframes. Before this I was recieving deliveries consistently the next day after they were sorted.

Good news! I wonder at what point you hear whether customs charges apply?

It's before they send it to Dublin.

So you'll get an email either saying the normal €6.50 charge, or one asking to pay a fee.
    Once that's done, it goes to Heathrow, and then Dublin > Sorting Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭muinteoir09

firstprime wrote: »
    I'm seeing some movement too. Currently all of my parcels that were recieved by AddressPal before the 17th are showing as sorted at Dublin Parcel Hub, and the later orders still showing Heathrow. Looks like they're making their way through them by date recieved.

I just received a preliminary delivery notification email for one of the orders them too. Definitely good news.

I wonder how the backlog will effect delivery timeframes. Before this I was recieving deliveries consistently the next day after they were sorted.
    Hopefully not too long before I hear something...

• Advertisement

So you'll get an email either saying the normal €6.50 charge, or one asking to pay a fee.
    Any idea about US ones?

Any idea about US ones?

No clue, last item I ordered hasn't even arrived to AddressPal in the US yet.

So customs charges are decided over in the UK?

I was charged €6.50 on my revolut back on 18th February, so wondering if that is definitely it and no more surprises!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭firstprime

I was charged €6.50 on my revolut back on 18th February, so wondering if that is definitely it and no more surprises!

In my experience they will charge you for the AddressPal delivery fee immediately when they receive and scan the parcel, then they review it and contact you for the customs charges a few days later.

For both UK and US orders they send out the customs charges while the tracking shows that the item is still in the origin country, but based on the timeframes in which these updates happen I've always suspected that this may just be a quirk of the system and that the items are already in Ireland at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shellie

I have 3 in Addresspal limbo at the moment - 2 UK and 1 US. The earliest one that was in Heathrow on Feb 17 is in Dub now, but the other two haven't moved.
    Also, the customs forms on all 3 of them list dif prices than I paid, both higher and lower, I have no idea where they're getting the values from. I got a customs charge notification on the UK one yesterday but it should be exempt from VAT (children's books). I rang Addresspal and they were helpful and gave me an email address and the info to send to have it reassessed for VAT. I sent that off this morn and this evening I got an automated notification from An Post saying the item will be delivered in 3 days. I have no idea what's going on, it's so unpredictable. I've no problem paying the VAT as long as it's correct, so we'll see if it arrives ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Should be done in Ireland. You can only use exchange rates on the date it arrives into the state. What seems to happen is that they don’t update after leaving Heathrow, so it looks like it is still in the UK.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Should be done in Ireland. You can only use exchange rates on the date it arrives into the state. What seems to happen is that they don’t update after leaving Heathrow, so it looks like it is still in the UK.

Yeah that's what I figured. And Address Pal told me earlier today that all the items are definitely in Ireland, and have been for a long time.

But wozniattack mentioned the customs charges being levied before they got to Dublin, which confused me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,212 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My son is buying a second jacket from UK post by Address Pal, not sure how this works VAT/CUSTOMS on top of the €50 jacket?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    My son is buying a second jacket from UK post by Address Pal, not sure how this works VAT/CUSTOMS on top of the €50 jacket?

Same as a new jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sneftel

Had a 3D-printed keyboard case and some keyswitches, worth about $150 overall, delivered to the US hub Monday morning. I made sure the shipper included an invoice on the outside of the package.

It got checked in Thursday night (3-4 days between delivery and checkin, not great but not awful). On the customs slip, it's listed as "appliance", with a value of $30. The tariff classification they put down is the one for..... toothpaste.

I know that all that is just because Polar Express don't give an eff about customs valuation, but I do kind of want to mysteriously receive a box of toothpaste appliance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

I may have a bit of advice to offer.

If your items are lost after challenging a VAT assessment with eCommChargeQuery@anpost.ie try repeating the original query with the Customs Reference Number (like 21IEDUBxxxxxxxxxRx) in the subject line. They SEEM to log and acknowledge that as a follow up query, which, in an environment where so many things seem to be falling into a black hole in space, never to emerge, can only be a good thing.

My parcel, in "Heathrow" since 18th February, has not yet moved. A few on here got updates for stuff up to 17th? Any other updates?

My tracking number begins with LE0083.....

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Had an item delivered today, that was stuck in Heathrow from the 17th for a week or so.

Edit: 00827...

Rewired wrote: »
    Had an item delivered today, that was stuck in Heathrow from the 17th for a week or so.

Edit: 00827...

Just had the same! Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Anyone else not having stuff checked in / marked as delivered to depot in last 2 weeks? Some of my parcels gone AWOL.

Shambolic.

• Advertisement

My parcel, in "Heathrow" since 18th February, has not yet moved. A few on here got updates for stuff up to 17th? Any other updates?

Mine is from 15th (US not UK). Number starts LE0082. NOTHING so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Mine is from 15th (US not UK). Number starts LE0082. NOTHING so far.

I am stuck since 18th also LE0083***

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Got mine today , tracking still says Heathrow and has done so for the last few days after having no tracking available for a number of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Parcel arrived today so 15 days in total from leaving NJ to my door. Customs value was under by half so happy with that too.

If I didn't get delivery today, does Address Pal stuff ever arrive on Saturday, or will it be Monday at this stage does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ordered a vinyl record from US, Cost was $28, about 23euro

Just had a text through asking for 10.15 customs charges

6.65 vat and 3.50 anpost fee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ordered a vinyl record from US, Cost was $28, about 23euro

Just had a text through asking for 10.15 customs charges

6.65 vat and 3.50 anpost fee

an post is it not 6.50

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

bassy wrote: »
    an post is it not 6.50

Nope, just double checked, 6.65 VAT and 3.50 fee

Is there any way of appealing it, they valued it at 31.69 when it was only 23

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

ridiculous carry on by them,it has put me off big time since the whole brexit.

• Advertisement

I know it's the principle of valuing the item incorrectly, but given that the difference will only be €1.80 or so, I'd be inclined to just pay and get it in hand asap.

bassy wrote: »
    an post is it not 6.50

The charge is €3.50 for US AddressPal.

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    I am stuck since 18th also LE0083***

I got the Customs email for my Feb 15th US order tonight (@ 9.30pm!) So you might see movement soon.

Advertisement