Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Got the email to say my parcel was processed last Monday. Money taken from my account. Tracking had it "left our handling partner" last Monday afternoon. The tracking info hadn't changed all week, until this morning - now there is no tracking information available?!

Is this normal?

Looks like the Tracking system is down full stop. Nothing Tracking for me, Addresspal or Amazon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Just an FYI . Its a computer system error so all parcels were in limbo. They hope to resolve today so everything should be moving in a few days.

Or in Address Pal time, maybe 6 weeks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I have a package in New Jersey now and got notice of being charged 20.99 by Addresspal. At what stage would i know if i have to pay further customs charges?value was 175 euro including postage.

I have a package in New Jersey now and got notice of being charged 20.99 by Addresspal. At what stage would i know if i have to pay further customs charges?value was 175 euro including postage.

Could be a while , I got that email on Feb 8th , No update since , BTW If you check the transaction on the addresspal site you can see what value AnPost have put on it as the completed customs forms is attached there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I ordered a package from the UK on Jan 8 which arrived and was sorted in the Dublin Parcel Hub on Jan 29. Got an email from An Post on Jan 30 saying it would be delivered within 3 days. Still no sign of it. I've tried An Post webchat 3 times. I've tried the AddressPal customer service email and the ecommcharge email, and nobody has been able to say what the issue is. I sent them a copy of the receipt in case there were charges due, but never heard back.

Absolute shambles of a service.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

TimHorton wrote: »
    Could be a while , I got that email on Feb 8th , No update since , BTW If you check the transaction on the addresspal site you can see what value AnPost have put on it as the completed customs forms is attached there.

Cheers for the info. The value they put was 78 dollars which is a lot less than the 178 euros i paid. Just to play the waiting game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So, reading the above, if I have something in Heathrow since last Thursday, and was getting annoyed at the 4 day lack of updates, I'm in for a wait :)

Cheers for the info. The value they put was 78 dollars which is a lot less than the 178 euros i paid. Just to play the waiting game now.

They valued a recent delivery at $100, I got 3 tools delivered for $399 to them , Homedepot misprice as it should have been 699 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRm5fvGrqD0 ,

Cost here for the same stuff around 1500 Euro !!

My UK Parcel is in Ireland for the 2nd time , But in Limerick at the moment - Took 3 phone calls and several emails to get this far - Addresspal has decended to a Total Shambles and getting worse by the day , As soon as my 2 outstanding parcels arrive I am out...

22 February 2021 12:04

Your delivery has been sorted RETURN LETTERS LIMERICK, CO LIMERICK

22 February 2021 09:27

We have your post in RETURN LETTERS LIMERICK, CO LIMERICK

13 February 2021 12:00

We delivered your post GREAT BRITAIN

11 February 2021 14:33

Your delivery was received in GREAT BRITAIN

03 February 2021 15:18

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

03 February 2021 14:24

26 January 2021 14:16

We have your post in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB

Just an FYI . Its a computer system error so all parcels were in limbo. They hope to resolve today so everything should be moving in a few days.

Heard this too. Like seriously wtf. They are saying that they have thousands of parcels not moving because of a computer system. Seems incredible and she told me nothing has moved from Heathrow since 11th February :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

This deserves some frequent flier miles on his account:
    My UK Parcel is in Ireland for the 2nd time , But in Limerick at the moment - Took 3 phone calls and several emails to get this far - Addresspal has decended to a Total Shambles and getting worse by the day , As soon as my 2 outstanding parcels arrive I am out...

22 February 2021 12:04

Your delivery has been sorted RETURN LETTERS LIMERICK, CO LIMERICK

22 February 2021 09:27

We have your post in RETURN LETTERS LIMERICK, CO LIMERICK

13 February 2021 12:00

We delivered your post GREAT BRITAIN

11 February 2021 14:33

Your delivery was received in GREAT BRITAIN

03 February 2021 15:18

03 February 2021 14:24

26 January 2021 14:16

We have your post in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB

To set the scene, I am an old woman with limited mobility on a fixed income.

I now have no choice but start ordering and paying for items lost in space to be sent to me directly again. I cannot afford this so I will be making a claim in respect of EVERY SINGLE item that does not arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

aaronm13 wrote: »
    What's the average time from leaving New Jersey to delivery at the moment? Had a parcel leave NJ on the 11th but no update since.
    Mine left on the 8th and no update since then!

Mine left on the 12th, No update since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Seems like it's just playing the wait game now. The email said 5-6 days but that's long since past.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭muinteoir09

Waiting it is. At least I know know that it will arrive eventually, just not inside the 5-6 days they promise.

This is a reply to an email query regarding my delayed package from the US.

"Thank you for your patience in the delivery of your parcel. We have been made aware of a technical issue that is causing a delay in the customs process. We have been advised that this will be resolved imminently but this may have caused a backlog. Your parcel will be delivered in due course. "

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Athasselabbey

bassy wrote: »
    Mod - snip. You’ve already asked, and its been answered on another thread.

Who are you talking to?

This is a reply to an email query regarding my delayed package from the US.

"Thank you for your patience in the delivery of your parcel. We have been made aware of a technical issue that is causing a delay in the customs process. We have been advised that this will be resolved imminently but this may have caused a backlog. Your parcel will be delivered in due course. "

Did you use the generic email address on the website?

Did you use the generic email address on the website?

I sent original email to

addresspal.support@anpost.ie

but recent replies have come from

AddressPalCustomerService@airbusonline.com

Have a look here , There are 2 further email addresses from Addresspal UK and US queries

https://www.airbusiness.com/contact

• Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

bassy wrote: »
    Mod - snip. You’ve already asked, and its been answered on another thread.
    Who are you talking to?

The mod edited 'bassy' post and was talking to 'bassy'.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

I sent original email to

addresspal.support@anpost.ie

but recent replies have come from

AddressPalCustomerService@airbusonline.com

Have a look here , There are 2 further email addresses from Addresspal UK and US queries

https://www.airbusiness.com/contact

Cheers, I'll give it a few days and sent off a message to see what they say.

• Advertisement

This F up is outrageous. Guarantee they'll have lost a few parcels while they lie around.

and not a word on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭firstprime

Hello,
    I just thought I'd add this to the discussion as my first post.

I have 9 Addresspal parcels sitting (presumably, last scans were on Feb. 12) in the Dublin hub, each containing books only, all with customs charges slapped on them, which I of course refused to pay. They have the earliest one since Jan.11 and the last one since Feb.1. As we all know, books are zero vat rated but that doesn't seem to deter whoever it is working out these charges, and there seems to be a question mark over who that actually is.

I talked to someone out of revenue some time ago and they were of little help and put the blame for all this customs nonsense 100% at the door of An Post. It would seem that An Post are not just collection agents any more but are decided what the charges are as well. Whether this is just for Addresspal items or not I'm not sure. You can't get a clear picture from anyone but what is clear is that An Post isn't up to the task and we're all the victims of their ineptitude.

The only solution offered is an email to to the infamous eCommChargeQuery address and wait. And wait...
    The only response I got from them was the following (Jan. 29):

"Good Morning,

We are experiencing delays with our enquires due to revised working arrangements as a result of Covid 19 and Social Distancing requirements set out by the HSC guidelines.

The 16-day return timeline is not applicable while your item is being held for revaluation. The enquiry below is being processed and a reply will be forwarded to you in due course.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Kind regards

Joe Cleary

E-Comm-Charge Query Team."

Some of my books were shipped early November. Will I ever see them? Parcels are kicked about at the best of times, what condition are they in right now? Will An Post decide at some point just to get rid of stuff, and that doesn't mean you'll be getting it?

Obviously, don't hold your breath for answers.

I'm having a nearly identical issue to you. Had a book arrive from the UK with customs charges added incorrectly at the start of this month. I disputed it through that eComm email address and I've got nothing but stock responses for over two weeks now. The especially galling thing is that they even specified that the item is a book on the customs charge they sent me, so they can't claim that it was declared incorrectly. Have you heard anything back since your last post?

I also have 15 more AddressPal items sitting in Heathrow since they stopped processing them on the 12th - all books. I'm dreading the possibility that I may need to go through the same customs dispute process with all of them once things get moving again, and I share your concerns about the condition they will arrive in after they've been run through this whole process.

What an absolute nightmare of a situation they've created, and not so much as a simple explanation/apology offered on their website or social media pages. I just checked the An Post Twitter account and their most recent tweets are about them winning a "Company of the Year" award, and then promoting a national reading day which is happening tomorrow. Really rubbing salt in the wound there. Don't suppose there's any chance they'll have my books delivered by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭waterfordgirl

I ordered an item from the US and it was delivered to the addresspal hub yesterday at 12 EST, no updates on my address pal just yet.

I'm probably worrying prematurely but just wondered how long it usually takes from when you get a delivery notification from the person you bought the goods from, to when address pal confirm receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Anyone heard anything further on this - is it resolved or are they still stuck?

I ordered an item from the US and it was delivered to the addresspal hub yesterday at 12 EST, no updates on my address pal just yet.

I'm probably worrying prematurely but just wondered how long it usually takes from when you get a delivery notification from the person you bought the goods from, to when address pal confirm receipt?

In about 4 or 5 days it will show up on AddressPal website and you will be charged the shipping fee based on weight (you will also get an email), You will also see what customs value they have put on it, Then god knows how long you will have to wait as the Revenue system is currently not working and all parcels beyond the initial step are in limbo .....

Anyone heard anything further on this - is it resolved or are they still stuck?

Just off the phone with customer service and as far as they are concerned the "backlog" remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭waterfordgirl

In about 4 or 5 days it will show up on AddressPal website and you will be charged the shipping fee based on weight (you will also get an email), You will also see what customs value they have put on it, Then god knows how long you will have to wait as the Revenue system is currently not working and all parcels beyond the initial step are in limbo .....

Thanks - i'll stop panicing and brace myself for a long wait so ðŸ™႒

Hopefully the issues with the revenue system are resolved soon

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

Thanks - i'll stop panicing and brace myself for a long wait so ðŸ™႒

Hopefully the issues with the revenue system are resolved soon

Addresspal US processing your item usually takes 2-5 days...however, once they send it here, it's a lottery. Previous two shipments (a month ago) took 4 days to get delivered to me from US through customs to me. However, the last one has been sent on 12th f4om US and still no sign of it being received at IE customs

Is it an Irish Revenue issue or UK one?

• Advertisement

Is it an Irish Revenue issue or UK one?

Addresspal's ability to apply Customs charges to the incoming parcel so Irish Revenue , Its affecting UK and US Parcels Inbound.

Advertisement