Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Unbelievable. Yesterday Addresspal were telling me this was all a UK authorities problem.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

For all anyone knows there could be a problem with the UK end as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

whiterebel wrote: »
    For all anyone knows there could be a problem with the UK end as well.

So UK Revenue are affecting the US to Ireland Addresspal orders ? :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I was replying to the post above mine, which is about the UK.

whiterebel wrote: »
    I was replying to the post above mine, which is about the UK.

So you what your saying US UK & Irish Revenue all have Issues - Possibly/Maybe ?

It obvious the issue is between AnPost/Addresspal and Irish Revenue as its affecting both US and UK Parcels....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Is the issue only affecting AddressPal items, or all items arriving in from the UK? My package has been in the Sorting Office for just under a month with no contact from Revenue or An Post. Crazy situation.

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Is the issue only affecting AddressPal items, or all items arriving in from the UK? My package has been in the Sorting Office for just under a month with no contact from Revenue or An Post. Crazy situation.

Not sure if it's just AddressPal, but the blame game appears to be on Revenue. That does not excuse Revenue or An Post for lack of comms to their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭firstprime

bogmanfan wrote: »

It seems to be only AddressPal deliveries being delayed as far as I've seen. I've recieved quite a few orders directly from the UK over the past few weeks and there's been absolutely no delay with any of them. My last package form the UK arrived yesterday, and I had only ordered it on Friday. Meanwhile it's been nearly two weeks since there was any movement on my AddressPal items.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

TimHorton wrote: »
    My UK Parcel is in Ireland for the 2nd time , But in Limerick at the moment - Took 3 phone calls and several emails to get this far - Addresspal has decended to a Total Shambles and getting worse by the day , As soon as my 2 outstanding parcels arrive I am out...

22 February 2021 12:04

Your delivery has been sorted RETURN LETTERS LIMERICK, CO LIMERICK

22 February 2021 09:27

We have your post in RETURN LETTERS LIMERICK, CO LIMERICK

13 February 2021 12:00

We delivered your post GREAT BRITAIN

11 February 2021 14:33

Your delivery was received in GREAT BRITAIN

03 February 2021 15:18

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

03 February 2021 14:24

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

26 January 2021 14:16

We have your post in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB

My problem is similar.

ordered an item from Amazon that they would not deliver to Ireland, so used Address Pal.

Delivered to AP on 3rd Feb

When no further information coming by , 8th I contacted AP via email.

Email from AP on 9th informing me that An Post would not transport item (computer battery) . so I should arrange return to supplier.

Contacted Amazon who supplied return label to have item returned by 6th March. label forwarded to AP .

15th AP requested that I arrange collection from hub for Amazon
    Amazon advise collection in 2/3 days.

This is where it gets interesting:

I was then advised by Address Pal that my parcel arrived at the Heathrow depot on 18th, and giving me an An Post giving tracking number.

On checking the tracking information -the parcel is on it's way to My Home address

Needless to say it is still in Heathrow .

So I don't know if it is actually being sent to me or being returned.
    But if it is being returned to Amazon and it does not arrive by 6th I am at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wozniattack

yrreg0850 wrote: »

Needless to say it is still in Heathrow .

So I don't know if it is actually being sent to me or being returned.
    But if it is being returned to Amazon and it does not arrive by 6th I am at a loss.

I've got stuff stuck in Heathrow for over 2 weeks now also.
    Told me they had a delay, and it can take 10 working days at least now to get stuff out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

lesson learnt

I've finally received an update on two of my parcels that have been stuck with AddressPal since the 12th, and I am thoroughly unsurprised to find that the situation has only been made worse. Both parcels contain only books (zero rate), and have been correctly declared as such, yet they're still asking me to pay customs charges for them.

It's looking like my fears in my earlier post were justified, and I'm going to need to manually appeal every single order I have pending through AddressPal. My last appeal was started nearly two weeks ago and they still have zero updates on it. This situation is absolutely maddening. There's clearly something fundamentally broken in the customs process right now and it's still radio silence form every party involved.

This is an absolute nightmare, and absolutely unacceptable behaviour from everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

firstprime wrote: »
    I've finally received an update on two of my parcels that have been stuck with AddressPal since the 12th, and I am thoroughly unsurprised to find that the situation has only been made worse. Both parcels contain only books (zero rate), and have been correctly declared as such, yet they're still asking me to pay customs charges for them.

It's looking like my fears in my earlier post were justified, and I'm going to need to manually appeal every single order I have pending through AddressPal. My last appeal was started nearly two weeks ago and they still have zero updates on it. This situation is absolutely maddening. There's clearly something fundamentally broken in the customs process right now and it's still radio silence form every party involved.

This is an absolute nightmare, and absolutely unacceptable behaviour from everyone involved.

Mod <SNIP> Take allegations of that nature elsewhere.

Just got one too , Looks like they are back in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

So I checked my tracking number today after a number of weeks of not showing anything even after getting the text giving me a 3/4 day delivery window.
    Low and behold like a lot of other people’s orders it’s stuck in Heathrow .. surely on post shouldn’t be charging people €6.50 for this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

harr wrote: »
    So I checked my tracking number today after a number of weeks of not showing anything even after getting the text giving me a 3/4 day delivery window.
    Low and behold like a lot of other people’s orders it’s stuck in Heathrow .. surely on post shouldn’t be charging people €6.50 for this service.

6.50 + customs

Video wrote: »
    6.50 + customs

Actually, how do they value on gift type items that aren't easily valuable? And they don't open every single package do they?

Actually, how do they value on gift type items that aren't easily valuable? And they don't open every single package do they?

I spoke with a customs agent a few months ago regarding a similar issue. He told me that they're supposed to open and assess of every item individually, but that they often just estimate the value it based on what the the declaration form says to save time.

I spoke with a customs agent a few months ago regarding a similar issue. He told me that they're supposed to open and assess of every item individually, but that they often just estimate the value it based on what the the declaration form says to save time.

So if someone sends you a gift from the UK, i.e. a gift in a parcel which would not have any value on it, they open to make a decision?
    Or do all packages have to have a declaration...

So if someone sends you a gift from the UK, i.e. a gift in a parcel which would not have any value on it, they open to make a decision?
    Or do all packages have to have a declaration...

I believe there are slightly different rules if an Item is marked as a gift, but I'm not sure about the specifics. I think it would still need a customs declaration form either way.

• Advertisement

So, I sent off some complaints to An Post, and got a call from them today, with apology for the ongoing situation etc.

Their position is:

1) Problem about to be imminently sorted
    2) Accept that a message should have gone up on their website, but it's nearly fixed now
    3) I asked were the packages really in Heathrow - they said NO, most of the packages are in Ireland contrary to the tracking message
    4) This is not an issue relating to customs charges, but some technical issue with codes or something between Address Pal and Revenue.
    5) They think packages will start moving within 24 hours. (holds breath).

Edit: Oh, I also told them there should be a gesture from Address Pal on the charges made for all these deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I believe there are slightly different rules if an Item is marked as a gift, but I'm not sure about the specifics. I think it would still need a customs declaration form either way.

the difference is the minimum threshold for collecting VAT. if the value is below €22 then vat is not collected. for a gift the threshold is €44 (or €45?).

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭muinteoir09

So, I sent off some complaints to An Post, and got a call from them today, with apology for the ongoing situation etc.

Their position is:

1) Problem about to be imminently sorted
    2) Accept that a message should have gone up on their website, but it's nearly fixed now
    3) I asked were the packages really in Heathrow - they said NO, most of the packages are in Ireland contrary to the tracking message
    4) This is not an issue relating to customs charges, but some technical issue with codes or something between Address Pal and Revenue.
    5) They think packages will start moving within 24 hours. (holds breath).

Edit: Oh, I also told them there should be a gesture from Address Pal on the charges made for all these deliveries.

Thanks for this. I actually emailed this morning about the delay and I only got the standard 'there is an issue that will be fixed imminently and your item will be delivered in due course.

On the plus side, the reply came only 37 minutes after my email was sent.

the difference is the minimum threshold for collecting VAT. if the value is below €22 then vat is not collected. for a gift the threshold is €44 (or €45?).

For anyone that wants the information, its here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

Thanks for this. I actually emailed this morning about the delay and I only got the standard 'there is an issue that will be fixed imminently and your item will be delivered in due course.

On the plus side, the reply came only 37 minutes after my email was sent.

Yes, I think a few emails to their senior management resulted in waking up their communication people.

So I replied to AddressPal to enquire as to whether my parcel is in Ireland and got a quick reply again. This time however, it simply said good morning and then a copy and paste of the initial reply. Not as impressed this time.

I've had a second call, this time from An Post (as distinct from Address Pal). They reconfirmed, though sketchy about the actual problem, that it is near resolving and that the packages are all in Dublin, and that it relates to Revenue and themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Got a text and email to say I've customs fees on my US address Pal order so seems to be in Dublin even though the tracking number still says the same since it left New Jersey on the 11th. So take your tracking status with a pinch of salt.

Just for the hell of it, I checked my tracking. They have added a notification at the top of the page:

Says they are back up and running now, so hopefully not too long to clear the backlog...

• Advertisement

can't see that on my own tracking page...

Edit: found the link here (though it doesn't appear on my address pal login)

https://www.anpost.com/Media-Centre/News/Update-on-the-AddressPal-Service

Advertisement