Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

juneg wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I could buy a few Limerick postcards please? Any little shop have them? Most of the shops are closed and I can't be driving outside the 5k! Thanks

The newsagents in Arthur's Quay sell post cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Folks Question for ye Where would you average/bargain 2nd hand phone online(since amazon uk is waste of time now )reasonable not the stupid prices use in most places.

Argos sell a variety of unlocked phones worth a look some are reasonable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

jonski wrote: »
    I have bought from them twice since the first of January . Their site has changed now so the uk vat is taken off and the Irish vat is put on so you see the exact price you are going to be charged ( this was done before but it was shown properly or easily or something that i can't think of the word for ;) ) . I have noticed lettle to no difference between now and last year . Latest purchase was an Amazon Fire HD 8 , arrived within the week , no extra charges no dealing with couriers or customs .

Zero brexit issues with competent companies.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Folks Question for ye Where would you average/bargain 2nd hand phone online(since amazon uk is waste of time now )reasonable not the stupid prices use in most places.

This might be of use to you.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058156136

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

The newsagents in Arthur's Quay sell post cards.

Thank you so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Folks any have any idea how long more them roadworks are going to be outside the crescent? its a pain when u live nearby & when you are going to work or anywhere it takes for ever to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭sioda

Folks any have any idea how long more them roadworks are going to be outside the crescent? its a pain when u live nearby & when you are going to work or anywhere it takes for ever to get there.

Got caught in them last week absolute disaster. After leaving the crescent went out and back in via the Rosbrien road.

sioda wrote: »
    Got caught in them last week absolute disaster. After leaving the crescent went out and back in via the Rosbrien road.
    pure disaster isnt the word,like faulty towers it is half the road is not done

@ all just skipped over it.Pure cowboys.

https://www.limerickpost.ie/2021/02/17/mobile-coffee-truck-threatened-with-prosecution-after-offering-free-drinks-and-food-to-frontline-healthcare-workers-fighting-covid-19-pandemic/?utm_source=SocialAutoPoster&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Facebook
    Mobile coffee truck threatened with prosecution after offering free drinks and food to frontline healthcare workers fighting COVID-19 pandemic
    Shows what a joke the council really are. See how many cllrs will jump on the band wagon with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭sioda

https://www.limerickpost.ie/2021/02/17/mobile-coffee-truck-threatened-with-prosecution-after-offering-free-drinks-and-food-to-frontline-healthcare-workers-fighting-covid-19-pandemic/?utm_source=SocialAutoPoster&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Facebook
    Mobile coffee truck threatened with prosecution after offering free drinks and food to frontline healthcare workers fighting COVID-19 pandemic
    Shows what a joke the council really are. See how many cllrs will jump on the band wagon with this.

Wow just wow. Absolute joke shop but at this stage I don't expect anything better from the council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,958 ✭✭✭✭phog

Hook &Ladder? Could they not offer the free drinks from their premises, why do the need to break the planning laws to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

You cant blame the council here lads. if they let hook and ladder park up a rig because they are offering free drinks every man and his dog will have a rig parked up. Fair enough the laws are ****e and need to be changed, but if they laws are there they need to be enforced for everyone until they are.

A young lad was shut down in Mungret recently in his rig, if he is to be shut down then hook & ladder should be shut down.

If hook and ladder are that concerned go and get permission from the HSE to park up on site and offer free drinks to hse staff only

And ill say it once more before someone jumps down my throat. yes the laws are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

dashoonage wrote: »
    You cant blame the council here lads. if they let hook and ladder park up a rig because they are offering free drinks every man and his dog will have a rig parked up. Fair enough the laws are ****e and need to be changed, but if they laws are there they need to be enforced for everyone until they are.

A young lad was shut down in Mungret recently in his rig, if he is to be shut down then hook & ladder should be shut down.

If hook and ladder are that concerned go and get permission from the HSE to park up on site and offer free drinks to hse staff only

And ill say it once more before someone jumps down my throat. yes the laws are ****e.

The article says it was in conjunction with hse management, meaning they did all that you said they should, and someone reported it to the council, or a member of staff in the council saw it and stuck their nose in.

I wholeheartedly agree that laws should be enforced evenly, however giving stuff away doesn't require a licence for trading as no trade has taken place.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,958 ✭✭✭✭phog

source wrote: »
    The article says it was in conjunction with hse management, meaning they did all that you said they should, and someone reported it to the council, or a member of staff in the council saw it and stuck their nose in.

I wholeheartedly agree that laws should be enforced evenly, however giving stuff away doesn't require a licence for trading as no trade has taken place.

The article also states that the council had evidence that he had traded, it also states that if they wanted to give out free tea/coffee to everyone then he wasn't trading and could continue.
    but the Council claimed it had evidence they had been trading.

On February 15th, a representative of Hook & Ladder received an email from a council official which stated, “if you are giving out free coffees/teas etc to all customers then you are not in breach of the Casual Trading Act, and the Council will not be pursuing you under this legislation”.

The ball is in his court.

phog wrote: »
    Hook &Ladder? Could they not offer the free drinks from their premises, why do the need to break the planning laws to do it?

Publicity;)

Publicity;)

Ya see i got you all talking about it ;):D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

phog wrote: »
    The article also states that the council had evidence that he had traded, it also states that if they wanted to give out free tea/coffee to everyone then he wasn't trading and could continue.

The ball is in his court.

Our legal system isn't designed for the accused to prove their innocence, it is on the prosecutor to prove guilt. If there was evidence above someone seeing coffee being distributed from the van then they would just proceed with a prosecution. Their actions, to me, show that that have no evidence to show that the company was actually trading and as such have sent a letter back tracking and asking for evidence of the operator's innocence to avoid proceeding with the prosecution, which would allow them to save face if it wound up in a civil court.

Ya see i got you all talking about it ;):D:cool:

And thinking about coffee :eek:

Good thing I am capable of making a cup of coffee at home and it doesn't cost 3.50 :cool:

And thinking about coffee :eek:

Good thing I am capable of making a cup of coffee at home and it doesn't cost 3.50 :cool:

ah yes but does it come with the Instagram notions of a selfie in front of the H&L truck...

Aww Lads Do the road works crowd @ The Crescent only work when it is dry ?? The road is just left there half finished, you wonder why there is there is some much wastage of money with road projects when you see this things like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Aww Lads Do the road works crowd @ The Crescent only work when it is dry ?? The road is just left there half finished, you wonder why there is there is some much wastage of money with road projects when you see this things like this.

You should never lay bitumen or tarmac over wet ground. The reason being that water pockets are created under the surface and when they evaporate then evaporate and the surface can crack creating potholes on the newer surface.

Now, I've not been out there(outside my 5kms) so don't know what stage they're at. If still digging holes and whatnot then ignore what I said as only applies to surfacing.

I'd a word with them last week, told them they are doing a great job and to take their time.

Berty wrote: »
    You should never lay bitumen or tarmac over wet ground. The reason being that water pockets are created under the surface and when they evaporate then evaporate and the surface can crack creating potholes on the newer surface.

Now, I've not been out there(outside my 5kms) so don't know what stage they're at. If still digging holes and whatnot then ignore what I said as only applies to surfacing.

Thanks Berty Forgot about that same principle sure when it is frosty it expands and contracts causing cracks.

dashoonage wrote: »
    I'd a word with them last week, told them they are doing a great job and to take their time.

i told u not to be talking to strangers when ur drunk LOL :p:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭manna452121

Nice to see my local politician is kept busy https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/community/611940/new-path-to-replace-well-worn-mud-track-in-limerick-park.html then a quick change of cloths https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/611950/danish-retailer-jysk-plans-second-store-in-limerick.html When she was on her canvas trail she said she would get things done and be available,not once since then has she called to my door,like all the rest and I am within her 5K.Even Willie o Dea has gone to ground.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Nice to see my local politician is kept busy https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/community/611940/new-path-to-replace-well-worn-mud-track-in-limerick-park.html then a quick change of cloths https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/611950/danish-retailer-jysk-plans-second-store-in-limerick.html When she was on her canvas trail she said she would get things done and be available,not once since then has she called to my door,like all the rest and I am within her 5K.Even Willie o Dea has gone to ground.

Sure you probably walked past him, and didn't even notice him if he was covering his 'tache.

MarkR wrote: »
    Sure you probably walked past him, and didn't even notice him if he was covering his 'tache.

he is gone old looking :P:D:D:D

realmario.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,161 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nothing new there, sure most politicians would turn up for the opening of an envelope. A new footpath is somewhat creative.

Berty wrote: »

solved twats going off doing another part of the road out by maxol besides doing the crescent part and finishing it. Do u actually need an education to work in the council nowdays ??

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Nothing new there, sure most politicians would turn up for the opening of an envelope. A new footpath is somewhat creative.
    Loads of photoshoots & bandwagoning going on last few days from Tds & Cllrs Are they feeling left out LOL:D:D

Advertisement