Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Oh I can still remember the fresh smell of 10,000 posts.

I think boards.ie was still black and white then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Presume that's aimed at me?

Only 1 post saying that so won't get me anywhere near 10k !

Sense of humour folks come on lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

:P:P:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Tried to search... is Lidl Castletroy permanently closed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

kokiyou wrote: »
    Tried to search... is Lidl Castletroy permanently closed now?

Closed for renovations I was told

• Advertisement

Kilboor wrote: »

A bigger middle aisle :D:D:D???

Kilboor wrote: »

Been going on quite some time now (for a Lidl). Probably close to a year. I know, I know...covid and stuff.

Been going on quite some time now (for a Lidl). Probably close to a year. I know, I know...covid and stuff.
    havent been out that way in a while, going on that long wow :eek::eek: nearly longer than it took to build it.

havent been out that way in a while, going on that long wow :eek::eek: nearly longer than it took to build it.

They had the new Childers rd one built and the old one knocked in half the time

They had the new Childers rd one built and the old one knocked in half the time

ya they did actually. any chance they might cover over the eyesore beside it. ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭pigtown

Does anyone know if you can buy salt and vinegar peanuts in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭AnonZen

I'm fairly sure Tesco did them, but I can't say if that's still the case.

pigtown wrote: »
    AnonZen wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure Tesco did them, but I can't say if that's still the case.

It is still the case, certainly in Coonagh. I shouldn't buy them but I do because they're just so nice. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

The lidl in Castletroy..

They had it open while doing the outside work, but closed it in January to finish the work. Originally was suppose to reopen yesterday I think, was on the hoarding, but with the construction shut down, it will be March sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Saw them in Dunnes Jetland this evening (KP) They're alongside the liquor area in the far end of the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Best Salt & Vinegar (and peanuts in general) are the Manhattan Peanuts, you can buy a card of them on their online shop.

Local shop in Ballycummin sells the small packs, theyre delicious

Again they no brains in their doing them road works wouldn't manage a piss up in a brewery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Again they no brains in their doing them road works wouldn't manage a piss up in a brewery.

You ok hun ?

dashoonage wrote: »
    You ok hun ?

:D:D that traffic again :mad: I thought they had the road finished besides messing again with it.

Folks Question for ye Where would you average/bargain 2nd hand phone online(since amazon uk is waste of time now )reasonable not the stupid prices use in most places.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Folks Question for ye Where would you average/bargain 2nd hand phone online(since amazon uk is waste of time now )reasonable not the stupid prices use in most places.

Handtec is one I've used a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

Why do you think Amazon is a waste of time now ? do you mean for 2nd hand phones ? or overall ? .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Does anybody know where I could buy a few Limerick postcards please? Any little shop have them? Most of the shops are closed and I can't be driving outside the 5k! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jpharvey

Probably the extra VAT?
    @jonski

jonski wrote: »
    Why do you think Amazon is a waste of time now ? do you mean for 2nd hand phones ? or overall ? .
    this big thing called brexit :D:D:D Cause you be charged a wallop of vat now for any purchases from uk where is before u would get away with it (it would be nearly the same as the price here if not higher then )

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

The French, German and Italian versions of Amazon are always worth a look. I bought my last 2 phones from the Germany long before Brexit came into play cheaper than Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

this big thing called brexit :D:D:D Cause you be charged a wallop of vat now for any purchases from uk where is before u would get away with it (it would be nearly the same as the price here if not higher then )

I have bought from them twice since the first of January . Their site has changed now so the uk vat is taken off and the Irish vat is put on so you see the exact price you are going to be charged ( this was done before but it was shown properly or easily or something that i can't think of the word for ;) ) . I have noticed lettle to no difference between now and last year . Latest purchase was an Amazon Fire HD 8 , arrived within the week , no extra charges no dealing with couriers or customs .

The French, German and Italian versions of Amazon are always worth a look. I bought my last 2 phones from the Germany long before Brexit came into play cheaper than Amazon.co.uk

work grand away for you ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Adverts is decent place to pick up second hand phones

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    I have bought from them twice since the first of January . Their site has changed now so the uk vat is taken off and the Irish vat is put on so you see the exact price you are going to be charged ( this was done before but it was shown properly or easily or something that i can't think of the word for ;) ) . I have noticed lettle to no difference between now and last year . Latest purchase was an Amazon Fire HD 8 , arrived within the week , no extra charges no dealing with couriers or customs .

I have bought two items since January and both were below €22 so the UK Vat was removed and NO Irish Vat applied, free shipping as well(Prime) so basically Duty Free. :D

Advertisement