Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

adaminho wrote: »
    I think 5 is the most stickies isn't it? If not just a best of Boards Limerick sticky that's locked and can only be changed by a mod.

I think you replied to the wrong post so I've moved it here.

There's no limit to the amount of stickies but it's recommended that they are kept to a minimum because it can make the touch site awkward to navigate. Mods/CMods/Admins are the only ones who can sticky posts I think but anyone can post in them once they aren't locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

adaminho wrote: »
    I think 5 is the most stickies isn't it? If not just a best of Boards Limerick sticky that's locked and can only be changed by a mod.

i think this is the strongest :P:P:P:D:D:D
    7187Kyd%2BAYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

tech 7 is where its at lads.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Jesus Christ I say it again Limerick forum really has lost all sense of reason and cop on this is the only safe harbour left !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

kilburn wrote: »
    Jesus Christ I say it again Limerick forum really has lost all sense of reason and cop on this is the only safe harbour left !

Can you summarise what the issue is? I don't check in here as much as i used to, haven't a clue whats going on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Can you summarise what the issue is? I don't check in here as much as i used to, haven't a clue whats going on

The user has removed themselves from the forum and said they won't be posting here again, so you won't receive a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

yop wrote: »
    The user has removed themselves from the forum and said they won't be posting here again, so you won't receive a response.

How do you remove yourself from the forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Carded I take it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Like private forums I guess you can likely get banned, If I wanted to leave a private forums on boards.ie the email I get would be "you've been banned"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you want to be removed from a forum a mod can ban you, that way you'll never be tempted to post because it won't be possible, it's not unusual for someone to request to be banned from a forum as some forums can trigger something in a lot of people. Most of the time posters will self-ban and just ignore the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Clareman wrote: »
    If you want to be removed from a forum a mod can ban you, that way you'll never be tempted to post because it won't be possible, it's not unusual for someone to request to be banned from a forum as some forums can trigger something in a lot of people. Most of the time posters will self-ban and just ignore the forum.
    I could be wrong but pretty sure that the idea of asking mod to ban you was itself banned a few years back and users told to self ban with you know will power. That's a lot of use of he word ban not sure I like it 😜

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Self ban, announced in another thread.

Self ban, announced in another thread.

Do they have to announce themselves upon return ?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

One simply shouts "Swiper, no swiping" three times while hopping on one foot*

*The above is a bald faced lie, I just love their user name.

MarkR wrote: »
    One simply shouts "Swiper, no swiping" three times while hopping on one foot*

*The above is a bald faced lie, I just love their user name.

thats from Dora the Explorer swiper the fox

by the way was it this thread ?? i went looking after it was posted was wondering was one of those 5g nuts again

sioda wrote: »
    I could be wrong but pretty sure that the idea of asking mod to ban you was itself banned a few years back and users told to self ban with you know will power. That's a lot of use of he word ban not sure I like it 😜

I've no problem banning anyone that want to be banned :pac::pac::pac:

thats from Dora the Explorer swiper the fox

by the way was it this thread ?? i went looking after it was posted was wondering was one of those 5g nuts again

Post had to cleaned up after the ban. But looks like a self exclusion was posted.

dashoonage wrote:
    Do they have to announce themselves upon return ?

I will just for you dash

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40215932.html

lads is travelling to lotto hq classed as essential travel ? asking for a friend.

There was a double rainbow over Corbally earlier... just saying

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40215932.html

lads is travelling to lotto hq classed as essential travel ? asking for a friend.

its arightl thanks dashoonage i can ask my self:D:D:D

there some some cowboys doing that nessans road. watching it today A joke. everytime ambulance comes the lads have the road blocked and it has has nowhere to go. the fools marshalling them expect the ambulance to go off road to pass them

1ce591c0-14da-4834-8507-ac95c6e020bf

10,000 posts. My momma's going to be so proud. :D

Ah but are you counting mod instructions in your post count inflates the number as we do keep you busy here.. ..

kilburn wrote: »
    Ah but are you counting mod instructions in your post count inflates the number as we do keep you busy here.. ..

Good point. I'd like to thank all the racist traveller bashers who made this possible.

This is a funny post. How can you be angry about it, unless you self identify as a racist / traveller basher? :D

*quoting for the point, rather than kilburn being a racist. Fine fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Good point. I'd like to thank all the racist traveller bashers who made this possible.

This is a funny post. How can you be angry about it, unless you self identify as a racist / traveller basher? :D

Would also like to point out that I'm not racist. I hate ye all equally.

Does counting the posts where you leave the forum count towards the 10,000 also? Asking for a friend?

Welcome to the..... oh wait.... only 10k.. pffftttt:D

Would also like to point out that I'm not racist. I hate ye all equally.

And the people of "ye" are now offended that you hate them. So that is racist.

And the people of "ye" are now offended that you hate them. So that is racist.

You're all the same, sweeping generalisations!

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote:

Thought I was going to have to start a best Solicitor in Limerick thread there !

Advertisement