Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They're gaming headphone, plenty of battery life for that. There's a set in the office that claim over 35 hours battery life, but they're over 3 times the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

First games getting boosted fps via MS detailed
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/02/17/making-backward-compatible-games-even-better-with-fps-boost

New Super Luckys Tale
    UFC 4
    Far Cry 4
    Sniper Elite 4
    Watch Dogs 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

First games getting boosted fps via MS detailed
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/02/17/making-backward-compatible-games-even-better-with-fps-boost

New Super Luckys Tale
    UFC 4
    Far Cry 4
    Sniper Elite 4
    Watch Dogs 2

I was looking at starting Watch Dogs 2 soon, so that's great.

Watch Dogs 2 looks great, a locked 60fps. Shame they couldn't bump the res at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I replayed Watch Dogs 2 a few weeks ago on my Series X and it played way better than it did on the One X. I know it's not the same as in that video above but it still played better. I actually was so disappointed with it playing on the One X that I played it instead on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Anyone with the controller issue unable to reconnect at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

hots wrote: »
    Anyone with the controller issue unable to reconnect at all?

Nvm needs a power cord out off& on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Anyone else have an issue using an older Turtle beach headset (used with a Xbox one) with the new Series X controllers?

I could hear the game fine but party chat volume was very low, could barely hear the lads in the party chat with me during the game itself.

Did everything to try turn it up but ended up hooking up an Xbox one controller and using that instead. Very annoying as I would prefer to use the new controller.

Is this a known issue?

Calhoun wrote: »
    Anyone having intermittent issues with the controller just deciding it doesnt like being in a committed relationship with the series x and decided to disconnect itself?
    Vudgie wrote: »
    Does anyone else's controller regularly disconnect from the Series X. I have to unplug batteries and then unplug the console too to get it back.
    hots wrote: »
    Nvm needs a power cord out off& on.

I've had issues with the link between the controllers and the console for a good bit now. It seems to happen only when the console is plugged in permanently and then goes into in a sleep state, i.e. if it has turned itself on to update and then goes back 'off'. I know when I boot it up because it drops me straight into "pick a profile" instead of booting up with the black / gold xbox logo.

Have to either hold the power button down to kill it or unplug from the wall. It's a small but annoying quirk. There's a couple of these quirks which have cropped up, more annoying than anything else but this is a top of the range piece of kit.

Vudgie wrote: »
    Also while I'm here does anyone else use SteelSeries headphones and find that when you turn them on it turns on the console?

Took me forever to figure out that's what was going on. I'd kill my console, then power the headset off as I was putting them and the joypads away. I was actually turning the console back on when trying to kill the headset and it would all boot back up. Thought I was losing it.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    You'd never be wearing it that long that you couldn't charge it.

pffft, amateur........those are some rookie numbers you've gotta be pumping those numbers up! :pac:

Edit: I forgot to mention, someone had told me that this power/connectivity issue apparently only happens if you have the xbox plugged into an extension lead/surge protector and that if it's plugged directly into the wall the issue goes away. I can't test this out cos of the sockets in my house but would be interested to know if anyone has noticed anything similar?

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Anyone else have an issue using an older Turtle beach headset (used with a Xbox one) with the new Series X controllers?

I could hear the game fine but party chat volume was very low, could barely hear the lads in the party chat with me during the game itself.

Did everything to try turn it up but ended up hooking up an Xbox one controller and using that instead. Very annoying as I would prefer to use the new controller.

Is this a known issue?

Did you move the party/game sound slider towards the party further? I think you can individually adjust volume of people in the party as well, so maybe that was set to low? Each controller has default settings when first using them, so I always have to adjust them to my setup. I have a turtle beach headset and have recently switched to using the controller that came with my Series X while my Elite controller gets repaired, and I can't notice any issues.

Regarding the disconnecting controller issue, I found that if I walked away from my Xbox with my wireless headset on and they got disconnected, I'd return to find my controller had disconnected as well, and the only way I could get the controller to reconnect was by power cycling my Series X. Really weird stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Looking to buy the xbox series s for my niece. Jo knowing anything about these, any difference to buying it in Harvey Norman or Smyth's or other re offer's or passes etc ? Thanks

• Advertisement

Looking to buy the xbox series s for my niece. Jo knowing anything about these, any difference to buying it in Harvey Norman or Smyth's or other re offer's or passes etc ? Thanks

Gamestop are doing cheap GPU subscriptions with the S, other than that there isn't much of a difference.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Did you move the party/game sound slider towards the party further? I think you can individually adjust volume of people in the party as well, so maybe that was set to low? Each controller has default settings when first using them, so I always have to adjust them to my setup. I have a turtle beach headset and have recently switched to using the controller that came with my Series X while my Elite controller gets repaired, and I can't notice any issues.

Regarding the disconnecting controller issue, I found that if I walked away from my Xbox with my wireless headset on and they got disconnected, I'd return to find my controller had disconnected as well, and the only way I could get the controller to reconnect was by power cycling my Series X. Really weird stuff.

Is that slider on the headset itself or some setting on the Xbox? Changing the slider seems to do nothing, I tried the audio settings on the xbox too but didn't have much luck. Swapped back to my one controller and it was fine.

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Is that slider on the headset itself or some setting on the Xbox? Changing the slider seems to do nothing, I tried the audio settings on the xbox too but didn't have much luck. Swapped back to my one controller and it was fine.

Are you using a wireless or wired headset? With the wired one, you go to the audio settings through the guide button and there is a slider called headset chat mixer, where you go between hearing the game more or the party more.

If you're wireless, then you won't have that option.

Are you using a wireless or wired headset? With the wired one, you go to the audio settings through the guide button and there is a slider called headset chat mixer, where you go between hearing the game more or the party more.

If you're wireless, then you won't have that option.

The headset I have plugs into a little unit that you attach to the controller itself. When I go into the check the audio (through the guide, bottom right) all the options are greyed out. Thanks for the help, I'll tinker around more at the weekend with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

has anyone successfully preordered the new official headset from MS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭Conar

s8n wrote: »

No I couldn't get it to work. Kept bouncing between Irish and US site. I ended up pre-ordering from GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Got a series x yesterday, had to change some settings on the tv for it run 4k on 120hz but working now. Any other settings etc I should know about ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Got a series x yesterday, had to change some settings on the tv for it run 4k on 120hz but working now. Any other settings etc I should know about ?
    Don't forget audio! Dolby atmos app is needed to enable dolby atmos spatial sound.

Atmos is brutal on the Series X, there can be enormous lag and it's pointless using it. People have even been buying hardware to put the audio and visual feed through in order to synchronise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Hurrache wrote: »
    Atmos is brutal on the Series X, there can be enormous lag and it's pointless using it. People have even been buying hardware to put the audio and visual feed through in order to synchronise them.

Interesting. It's fine on the One X. I wonder what they've broken. . .
    I'd be more inclined to go DTS for the headset when I get my SX

• Advertisement

Just to clarify, I'm not sure if it's applicable to headphones, but certainly on amps, soundbars and home cinema systems. There's a pile of stuff out there about it.

The power lead for the series x is very short, is it ok to use an extension lead for Xbox and tv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The power lead for the series x is very short, is it ok to use an extension lead for Xbox and tv ?

That's how I have been running it since day one.

The power cables you get are abysmally short. The power cable is 1.5m and the hdmi is 3m.

The hdmi is enough to connect from half way across the room while the power cable barely reaches the floor after routing to the back of the desk.

That's how I have been running it since day one.

Read something online that it can damage the Xbox not sure how true that is though

The power cables you get are abysmally short. The power cable is 1.5m and the hdmi is 3m.

The hdmi is enough to connect from half way across the room while the power cable barely reaches the floor after routing to the back of the desk.

Exactly they really did it the wrong way around lol extentsion lead will have to be used

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Read something online that it can damage the Xbox not sure how true that is though

The original Xbox One was sensitive to this, something that I'd never heard of before. It wouldn't hurt anything properly, but you'd get some oddness every once in a while, with networking and such.

Every console since though, ever since they moved to the internal power supply, is all good with extension cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

s8n wrote: »

Yeah I managed to snag one, due to arrive the 18th of March. Just hoping UPS actually deliver it this time, they lost my Series X at launch :(

Conar wrote: »
    No I couldn't get it to work. Kept bouncing between Irish and US site. I ended up pre-ordering from GameStop.

I forgot that I had a One4All card, so used that to pre-order from Gamestop. I'm assuming that guarantees getting one when they come out, but I guess you never know with Gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

I forgot that I had a One4All card, so used that to pre-order from Gamestop. I'm assuming that guarantees getting one when they come out, but I guess you never know with Gamestop.

Just to note, One4All vouchers only work on transactions up to 50 quid online. (But if you pickup and pay in person it'll should be fine).

Advertisement