Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Ive no problem in sending by anpost if someone wants it, as it already paid for etc

I am only on about sending to cex

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Division 2 finally got 60fps support on X. It just makes the game so much better and enjoyable. Picked up warlords of New York over Xmas, but did not played it as I just can't go back to 30fps ( I played a ton of D1 and D2 before ).

Now the kicker i the arse is that they have Umbrella Capcom crossover event going and you can get really awesome Umbrella skins. Though to earn them, you need to finish dlc campaign... I am not even close to that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have started using the xbox battery pack for my controller for series x. Have noticed its causing the controller to beep and buzz when it vibrates. Any ideas? Latest firmware installed

Put batteries back i and still happening. Happening both my controllers now. Anyone have similar problem? Buzz and beeping only started happening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I didn't even know the controllers could beep.

• Advertisement

I didn't even know the controllers could beep.

Yeah its really weird beep might be the wrong word but thats what it sounds like and a really strong buzz from thr controller too. Really strange its happened both of them on the same day. Can't figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Does anyone know where I can actually sell an xbox series x? Adverts and done deal wont allow, trying for face value

I tried to sell mine on here before Christmas for what it cost me. No one was interested. I ended up bringing it into CEX. Genuinely didn’t know they’d give me €600 for it.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I tried to sell mine on here before Christmas for what it cost me. No one was interested. I ended up bringing it into CEX. Genuinely didn’t know they’d give me €600 for it.

That's mad so you made €100 for the trouble you had to purchase one take it home and play with it for a while and then say I don't need it. Yep €100 seems to be the going rate for going through that ordeal. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

That's mad so you made €100 for the trouble you had to purchase one take it home and play with it for a while and then say I don't need it. Yep €100 seems to be the going rate for going through that ordeal. :pac:

I got it at launch (gamestop posted to the house) played it for around 4 or 5 days and just had no interest in it. In saying that, I might buy another at a later date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Yeah its really weird beep might be the wrong word but thats what it sounds like and a really strong buzz from thr controller too. Really strange its happened both of them on the same day. Can't figure it out.

is it just that battery pack ... try some regular/rechargeable AAs ???
    or use a USB cable ... ( might be a best bet just to rule out any battery problems )
    does the problem go away ....
    maybe the battery pack is ****** ?

check controller settings on xbox console, maybe they need an update or a reset ...

• Advertisement

YoshiSays wrote:
    is it just that battery pack ... try some regular/rechargeable AAs ??? or use a USB cable ... ( might be a best bet just to rule out any battery problems ) does the problem go away .... maybe the battery pack is ****** ?

YoshiSays wrote:
    check controller settings on xbox console, maybe they need an update or a reset ...

Yeah happening with both controllers. Have two battery packs and happening with both and also with just aa batteries in. They are both upto date. Is there a guide on how to reset the controllers? Thanks for the help

Yeah happening with both controllers. Have two battery packs and happening with both and also with just aa batteries in. They are both upto date. Is there a guide on how to reset the controllers? Thanks for the help

Called into Harvey Norman this morning. They will replace the controller. Seems strange tho this as happened as they didn't fall or anything. Hope its not stemming from the console itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

My sons series x controller has an issue with the right stick, when hes on Bf5 and running it keeps pointing his characters weapon up same with tanks, when he is looking for his friends online the dpad skips every second friend really weird. He didn't drop it its like new. Went onto ms and logged a complaint tonight will let you know what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

Called into Harvey Norman this morning. They will replace the controller. Seems strange tho this as happened as they didn't fall or anything. Hope its not stemming from the console itself.

Think this is normal - new controller wont fix it.

Setting to change is here

https://youtu.be/0E1d4kuRByI

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Think this is normal - new controller wont fix it.

Setting to change is here

https://youtu.be/0E1d4kuRByI

Thanks for that but my issue isnt with a headset its just that the controllers themselves have got extremely loud and the rumble is very strong and making a beeping noise. Cant find anything similar on google/youtube, very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Got no issue with beeping, but the rumble does seem to overpower the light build of the controllers sometimes. It's surprisingly audible throughout the house if you mute a game. I don't think the new controllers are 'cheap' and I ultimately prefer the more tactile feel, but they definitely feel a bit more airy than the One era controllers. The triggers stick in quite easy as well when held for prolonged periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I don't think the new controllers are 'cheap' and I ultimately prefer the more tactile feel, but they definitely feel a bit more airy than the One era controllers. The triggers stick in quite easy as well when held for prolonged periods.

Which feel cheaper than 360 era controllers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

Would be worth to upgrade from One S to Series S for kids room? I have 1080 samsung hooked up to it and kids mainly play minecraft and roblox, I know. Cex would give me €134 for One S, so I would need stretch my budget to reach €300.

OsZa wrote: »
    Would be worth to upgrade from One S to Series S for kids room? I have 1080 samsung hooked up to it and kids mainly play minecraft and roblox, I know. Cex would give me €134 for One S, so I would need stretch my budget to reach €300.

It would load times will decrease by a large margin and games would look better too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

I wouldn't bother if they are only playing a couple of games on 1080p. Also, do you have those games physically or digitally? If you have them physically you won't be able to play them on the Series S and will have to rebuy. Only advantage I see is new hardware and controller and guarantee. I'd say the Series S will be 199 in not a very long while too. AFAIK minecraft has not been optimised for Series hardware yet either. Anyway ... just some thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

Have scoured the internet and cannot find a definitive answer on this.

I have the Xbox One X/Series X version of Cold War. Just sent it to a friend who has a standard Xbox One. Didn't even think to question if it would work...will it give him access to the standard version of the game or just "not work"?

Anyone's controllers on the x randomly just disconnect fully. Happened me twice today playing fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Homelander wrote: »
    Have scoured the internet and cannot find a definitive answer on this.

I have the Xbox One X/Series X version of Cold War. Just sent it to a friend who has a standard Xbox One. Didn't even think to question if it would work...will it give him access to the standard version of the game or just "not work"?

Both disc versions have the One version, only the Cross Gen version has the Series release.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭MickH503

Anyone's controllers on the x randomly just disconnect fully. Happened me twice today playing fifa

Yes. My controller occasionally disconnects and I normally have to pull the battery pack out and back in to get it to connect again. A couple days ago, it would not reconnect, wouldn't connect wired on a USB cable, a spare controller would not connect either ... tried re-starting the console multiple times. Eventually when I pulled the power cable from back of console and powered up, then it connected again OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I could be wrong here but I thought I saw that there was a controller update to fix this released this week. Might be worth having a look

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭MickH503

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I could be wrong here but I thought I saw that there was a controller update to fix this released this week. Might be worth having a look

Just took a look there and there is no controller update available. The firmware is 5.5.2641.0 which I think is the update it got when it was first powered on after purchase.
    Maybe there is an update being rolled out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

Where are people selling Series X these days? Facebook? Since they are banned on Adverts. I have a Series X that I almost never use since I got it (and even then mostly for netflix and amazon prime) and was thinking I might as well sell it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

what headsets are you all using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

what headsets are you all using?
    Steel series Arctis 7x. Unreal headset for series x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

brady12 wrote: »
    Steel series Arctis 7x. Unreal headset for series x

Don't have the 7x, but I have the original 7 and second this.

If you don't want to spend €180 on a headset grab the Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox for €120.

Same internals and usb-c transmitter as the 7x but with a poorer mic and less robust headband.

Advertisement