Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

bangors85 wrote: »
    Heard panel extended till 2022,

From who?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

Where did you hear that from? At this moment in time I find this very hard to believe.

Where did you hear that from? At this moment in time I find this very hard to believe.

Pas emailed me back saying it

Really? I am very surprised as they never give much away when you ask if panel will be extended unless they now know something for sure!! Hopefully it will be extended for all our sakes.

• Advertisement

Mind me asking exactly what they said? I'd love this to be true, just thought they would have e-mailed everyone in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭furrybones

I know this would suit a lot of people but my OOM was shockingly bad (considering I was in the top 10 for TCO) and I'd hoped to getter a better run at the 2021 panel.

At this rate they'll have reached my number on the EO panel first :rolleyes:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Mind me asking exactly what they said? I'd love this to be true, just thought they would have e-mailed everyone in that case

Some how I couldn't imagine them emailing everyone. If this were true it would be great news for everyone. I know when I asked in the early days they didn't say yes or no to an extension on this panel but I don't think they really know themselves what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,823 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Hopefully it will be extended for all our sakes.

Might not be such good news: The most likely reason for extending it is that they don't expect to take many people from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

furrybones wrote: »
    I know this would suit a lot of people but my OOM was shockingly bad (considering I was in the top 10 for TCO) and I'd hoped to getter a better run at the 2021 panel.

At this rate they'll have reached my number on the EO panel first :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat!

I only did the CO as a way to pass the time. Nailed the EO both with PAS and the NTA and absolutely ruined the CO process with PAS and TII!

Gas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 orangeyouglad

Might not be such good news: The most likely reason for extending it is that they don't expect to take make people from it.

that makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Raedownes

Some how I couldn't imagine them emailing everyone. If this were true it would be great news for everyone. I know when I asked in the early days they didn't say yes or no to an extension on this panel but I don't think they really know themselves what is happening.

They told me May 2021 during the week! And that they would notify everyone via Public Jobs message board if they extend the panel...so I’m not sure why they would say 2022 to someone else a day after telling me May 2021...

that makes no sense

True. Typo now fixed: they likely don't expect to take many people from the panel this year.

Raedownes wrote: »
    They told me May 2021 during the week! And that they would notify everyone via Public Jobs message board if they extend the panel...so I’m not sure why they would say 2022 to someone else a day after telling me May 2021...

Well just saying they said may 2022 as due to covid it will be slow process so someone got there wires crossed

Well just saying they said may 2022 as due to covid it will be slow process so someone got there wires crossed

Spoke to PAS this morning and was told there's no plan to extend the panel as of yet. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

All communications are through the message board.

Any extensions / amendments to panels will be notified to applicants via the message board. Just like when you get a message when panels have ceased etc.

Easy send out a message!

Maybe applicants who get a position may not be placed until 2022? Some COs are waiting 6/7 months to be placed at present after getting a job offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Boredpanda67

It’s been a few weeks since I was given my assignment but HR haven’t contacted me yet to let me know a location or estimated start date. The last communication I received was on my PAS message board to let me know I’d been assigned. Is this this usual to not be contacted for few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

Has anyone who had an interview this week heard back yet...??

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭newbie18892

Has anyone who had an interview this week heard back yet...??

Haven't heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Tippman24

CO Panel has been extended to 2022. Got e=mail from PAS.

• Advertisement

Well just saying they said may 2022 as due to covid it will be slow
    process so someone got there wires crossed

We'll see, only time will tell I guess; it would be nice if they extended the panel after May this year for all of us. Fingers crossed.

What does a batch number mean, for instance if your batch 10 and 6 in order of merit , is that bad or good?? So confused

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Christine2020

Does anyone know what departments in which a clerical officer would be asked to help organise an event? Just curious about that one!

Does anyone know what departments in which a clerical officer would be asked to help organise an event? Just curious about that one!

All of them!

A farewell morning tea for a colleague is an event.
    A stand at an outreach day in the local community centre is an event.
    An international conference with a 1000 delegates is an event.

COs would have roles in helping to organise all of the above.

However in the first one, they would be the "project manager", while in the last they would likely be just a helper with a very defined role

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Catd1980

Anyone know how Laois is progressing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Catd1980

Anyone know how Laois is progressing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Christine2020

That’s perfect thank you. Was just curious if it would a general thing or more likely in some rather than others, but as you say it depends I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭newbie18892

Just received my interview results. Placed OOM 19 in Batch 20 for Dublin. So happy that I passed. Fingers crossed I get placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KRedzer

Also received results after interviewing on Friday - not used to a quick turnaround from PAS!

Placed 5th on the OOM for Dublin, but I am currently a TCO and have requested to remain where I am, so hopefully that is accepted and someone else on the OOM will be offered the 5th job instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Eggsalive78

I interviewed last Tuesday and received my results today. In batch 20 and placed with an oom 35. The process has gone quite quick from being advised of an interview so im taking this as positive.

Advertisement