Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

I'm OOM mid-2000s and I was never given a batch number... Are you only given a batch number if you're a smaller number OOM or is there somewhere I can find my batch no.?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭newbie18892

LazyClouds wrote: »
    I'm OOM mid-2000s and I was never given a batch number... Are you only given a batch number if you're a smaller number OOM or is there somewhere I can find my batch no.?

They give you a batch number and new OOM once you pass your interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Arsenal1886

So some good newstoday. I've just received an email saying I am now being considered for a role with AGS, can anyone shed any light on what this would be like?

Also I don't know if I should tell my current employer yet as I'm aware the vetting process can take some time, anyone have advice on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

So some good newstoday. I've just received an email saying I am now being considered for a role with AGS, can anyone shed any light on what this would be like?

Also I don't know if I should tell my current employer yet as I'm aware the vetting process can take some time, anyone have advice on this?

I def wouldn't tell my current employer until I had a formal offer and a start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Don't say anything until you have signed the contract and have a specific starting date.

You normally get a months notice re your date so that should give you plenty of time to let your current employer know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Did anyone receive confirmation today that PAS are extending the panel until 2022? Few people on here said they were told this last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Gaffer78 wrote: »
    Did anyone receive confirmation today that PAS are extending the panel until 2022? Few people on here said they were told this last week

I was told Friday that they've no plans to extend it. Two other posters say they were told it is being extended. Wires crossed somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jamp 123

laoisgem wrote: »
    They have to reach your number on the panel but I don't think they interview unless they have a position for you to begin with, I could be corrected on that.

I would love that to be true or are they batch interviewing again, especially for the hse and customs panels mentioned.
    Congrats to everyone on their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Are batches specific to a particular job/campaign? Eg say expressions of interest for customs, are the jobs offered to all batches once interview has been passed, or only people who expressed interest regardless of their batch or OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Arsenal1886

Don't say anything until you have signed the contract and have a specific starting date.

You normally get a months notice re your date so that should give you plenty of time to let your current employer know.
    I was thinking that would be way to do it but they've asked for references. I've been in my current job 7+ years so I think they would get a big fright if they got a call without me making them aware of the situation.

I'm just overthinking about how I should go about this as I know nothing is concrete yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 NinetiesChild

Hi all,
    Long time lurker, first time poster.
    Applied for CO on the 2020 campaign. Got an email maybe a fortnight ago for an expression of interest for CO with the HSE in Galway. Interviewed for it this afternoon but I'm
    just wondering if anyone knows what kind of numbers went for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

Anyone know what batch number they are on in Dublin..??

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jamp 123

5500 wrote: »
    Are batches specific to a particular job/campaign? Eg say expressions of interest for customs, are the jobs offered to all batches once interview has been passed, or only people who expressed interest regardless of their batch or OOM?

Good question, do you get a new number specifically for HSE or customs based on your interview. Is this unusual, I've never heard of this before.

Anyone know what batch number they are on in Dublin..??

As of today, the late 90s of batch 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

Does anyone know what the current status is on this for Kerry? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

As of today, the late 90s of batch 16.

Do you know how quickly they get through a batch...??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

Does anyone know if batch 17 & 18 are next for Dublin?
    Is anyone in batches 17 or 18?
    I'm batch 19 but I haven't seen anything here about batch 17 I'm wondering if those batches arnt for this campaign? Or are they just waiting to be called for CO positions.

Thanks

Do you know how quickly they get through a batch...??

They seem to be going through about 15 people a week, but I've no idea how many are in a batch.
    G2234567 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if batch 17 & 18 are next for Dublin?
    Is anyone in batches 17 or 18?
    I'm batch 19 but I haven't seen anything here about batch 17 I'm wondering if those batches arnt for this campaign? Or are they just waiting to be called for CO positions.

I was wondering this myself. I'm in batch 19 and have seen no mention of 17 or 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oriain17

I was thinking that would be way to do it but they've asked for references. I've been in my current job 7+ years so I think they would get a big fright if they got a call without me making them aware of the situation.

I'm just overthinking about how I should go about this as I know nothing is concrete yet.

I was also told I was under consideration for AGS, back in early January. PAS e-mailed me asking for scanned documents, reference, etc. Because I'm in a Public Service job, I asked if it would be okay to give my Line Manager's details for the reference (in case e.g. it needed to go to HR). I was told this was fine, and was also advised that I'd be asked for approval prior to contact being made with my Line Manager. So no worries for you, I'd say - you'll be notified whenever they're ready to get in touch with your referee. :)

Just on this, for anyone else who's got a position in AGS. I understand security clearance can take a long time (up to three months). Indeed, when I asked PAS about my choice of referee, I was told they wouldn't need to make contact with them until after security clearance was completed - that it would be the "last step". However, I was asked last week for permission to make contact, even though it's only been a month since the process started! I understand my reference is now in, and I received an "assignment notice" message on Public Jobs. Unfortunately (?), it was just a message telling me that AGS HR would be in touch with me shortly.

Long story, but for anyone who's been through it... do you think it's at all possible that my security clearance was completed already, and that I will actually be assigned soon? I thought it genuinely does take 3 months (I've been lurking here, and haven't heard otherwise re. AGS). I've had no contact from AGS HR, so I'm starting to fear that the pleasant surprise of being asked for permission to contact my referee so soon (after being told it would be the "last step") was just false hope, and that it will indeed take another two months at least.

Apologies for the long post, just absolutely cannot wait (a) to get out of where I am and (b) to start something that sounds far more interesting to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aine1981

Hi, I wasn't going to AGS plus came form private sector (so this may be different) but I only got the assignment message from PAS after everything was complete. (clearance, references etc.). After the message my dept. rang me and we agreed the start date. Sounds like all parts are complete there and HR will be in contact to discuss your start date.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if AGS is Mon - Fri or is it shifts, evenings weekends etc. The job description talks about 8 10 12 and 24 shifts?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Aine1981 wrote: »
    Hi, I wasn't going to AGS plus came form private sector (so this may be different) but I only got the assignment message from PAS after everything was complete. (clearance, references etc.). After the message my dept. rang me and we agreed the start date. Sounds like all parts are complete there and HR will be in contact to discuss your start date.

Hoping this is the case, I was also contacted by PAS in early January and offered placement with AGS, i was contacted today and asked for my references. It's only been about a month but in the email I received from PAS it said that my vetting was completed which I am shocked about but delighted. Does anyone know how long of a wait it is from handing in your references to actually starting the job or even being given a start date? Would TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Does anyone know if AGS is Mon - Fri or is it shifts, evenings weekends etc. The job description talks about 8 10 12 and 24 shifts?

I assumed it was Monday-Friday 9-5pm because it is in an office, I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Doing an interview for rosslare port customs officer in a couple of weeks. Anyone have any tips for the interview and what the job is like? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

AFAIK it's the standard Monday to Friday shift and everyone I know working in the stations for them does that.

That could just be on the job description TBF to cover themselves if overtime etc needed.

Come to think of it, I've seen it on a few job descriptions. But jobs end up the standard Monday to Friday flexi time shifts.

Have you copy of it handy there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Missyst

My vetting took 6 months for AGS. I was contacted for my reference and got a call from HR about a week later. I had to give a months notice at my previous job and started a week after that. Saying that I’ve heard of people who’s vetting took 6 weeks so it could very well be the case that yours was processed a lot faster than others!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Did you apply for the call taker role by any chance? AGS is Mon to Fri and definitely not shift work.

There is talk within AGS about making the role of the CO assigned to the public office shift work but they will have to run a new campaign for it. We already had it sent to us internally before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭Guffy

Was appointed to public office in AGS initially. Didn't like it as it was to quiet and asked for a move. Shift was flexi. In the finance dept now, holding on to my flexi time but was given the option of a hard set 7-2.30 or 2.30 to 9 also.

Thanks to everyone for the reply, I dont have a copy it was just online under various job descriptions and under Garda Civilian Ags it has shifts. Probably just to cover options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Does anyone know how often CO’s pay is increased ? Just wondering as the pay scale goes up quite frequently between year 1 and year 3.

Advertisement