Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

thanks for that, source?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hot on the heels of the WB renewing his contract. Can't say this surprises. Ray Fisher has played this one like an amateur, regardless how valid his complaints may have ever been.

TBH there's no great loss anyway, Cyborg in any medium has always been a pretty dull, generic character. Even his name is cookie cutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,755 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michelle Pfeiffer is open to returning as Catwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Filming has actually started.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Filming has actually started.

Now let's see if it finishes lol. Bet ya it gets halted at least once

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking the same. Will it make it all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

forgot all about this one

DC Universe’s New Supergirl Is ‘Young And The Restless’ Actress Sasha Calle; Will Make Debut In Upcoming ‘Flash’ Film

https://deadline.com/2021/02/supergirl-young-and-the-restless-actress-sasha-calle-the-flash-movie-dc-1234697190/

Hadn't even realised they were casting for Supergirl; this movies getting very crowded for what was a dead production for the longest time. Tough gig because for all the shows faults, Melissa Benoist's turn as Supergirl set the bar for the character. Up there with Christopher Reeve in terms of heights reached IMO

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Im sure its been discussed but is there a reason DC are using different actors for movies and tv? Is it a deliberate choice or is it issues tying down the actors?

Along with the ever changing Batman, the whole thing seems, from the outside as very disjointed with no continuity.

They said first that they don't want 2 versions of the same character, which is why they killed Deadshot in the Arrowverse ahead of Suicide Squad coming out. Then they announce the Flash and bring Superman to Supergirl.
    They said they don't want to confuse people by having 2 different versions of the same character.

What I find funny is they took all this time to finally start filming and they still hadn't finished casting for it. I assume she'll have a cameo at most.
    Of course Supergirl appearing in the film would've been a cool surprise but they announce it way in advance.
    When Marvel do it, they either don't announce, like Samuel L Jackson first appearing in Iron Man with no announcement he had been cast in the role, or they announce someone has been cast as a character only for them to then turn up in a film prior to their own film

Im sure its been discussed but is there a reason DC are using different actors for movies and tv? Is it a deliberate choice or is it issues tying down the actors?

Along with the ever changing Batman, the whole thing seems, from the outside as very disjointed with no continuity.

There's simply no Kevin Feige figure, or rather, someone with both the farsight and clout to stick with the plan. I know Geoff Johns had some of that, but then there seemed no real TV strategy either. Now, admittedly I do question how much Feige had planned before "phase 1" became a common phrase, but the appearance seems to be that everything was curated from the start.

DC just never had that intention, happy for each IP to exist within their own movie's internal universe, bar the odd Easter egg reference. Justice League IMO was always doomed from the start because it was an inherently panicked move; they tried to backfill a universe that didn't really exist and it all kinda went wrong. Aquaman and Wonder Woman effectively became their own universe again, Batman became stranded in purgatory until Matt Reeves wrenched it back to its own universe again.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ron Livingston is replacing Billy Crudup as Henry Allen in the film.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/the-flash-ron-livingston-henry-allen-1234935705/

Saoirse-Monica Jackson from Derry Girls has a role in this as well now. Not sure how big a part she'll have though.

Seeing as it's a spin on Flashpoint, I wonder will it all be Barry's doing, or will Thawne play a part somewhere?

If this is a cinematic Flashpoint, I'd love it if the film gave a quick cameo to Grant Gustin, repay the fun scene with Ezra Miller's Flash on the CW show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

With Keaton's Batman the poor The Flash has been demoted in his own picture cause people my age/generation reared on the 89 Batman explosion we will be going for Keaton/Batman.

paulie1983 wrote: »
    With Keaton's Batman the poor The Flash has been demoted in his own picture cause people my age/generation reared on the 89 Batman explosion we will be going for Keaton/Batman.

the next spiderman seems to be doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

peteeeed wrote: »
    the next spiderman seems to be doing the same

Not to derail, but this was an issue I kinda had with the first two Spidey movies. Iron Man was in the first one, and still loomed large over the second (with all his tech in play). I'd have liked to have at least *one* Spidey movie where poor auld Tom got to shine all on his owny-own.

But I can't really complain if we are getting to see Keaton back in the cowl again one last time. I imagine it'll be more of a brief cameo anyways.

Not to derail, but this was an issue I kinda had with the first two Spidey movies. Iron Man was in the first one, and still loomed large over the second (with all his tech in play). I'd have liked to have at least *one* Spidey movie where poor auld Tom got to shine all on his owny-own.

But I can't really complain if we are getting to see Keaton back in the cowl again one last time. I imagine it'll be more of a brief cameo anyways.

I think (and I'm basing it off nothing but my own speculating) you could be wrong.

As apparently it'll
    pick up where Keaton's Batman left off at the end of Batman '89

I hope not on the above, because outside of the MCU I haven't seen too much de-ageing that managed to pull itself out of the Uncanny Valley.

As to whether Keaton puts on the cowl? I have a sneaking suspicion he won't, that he'll act like the Wayne from Batman Beyond: a belligerent recluse who slowly decides to help the heroes as a Behind the Scenes type. Just find it hard to believe the actor would be stoked about putting on a costume again, after all these years.

Did some looking, and The Wrap had this to say about Keaton's role in the film.
    The Flash will disregard the latter two entries entirely and explore what Keaton’s version of Batman has been up to since we last saw him. Loosely based on the 2011 DC Comics crossover event “Flashpoint” — previously announced as the film’s title at Comic-Con 2017 — the story sees Ezra Miller’s Barry Allen travel back in time to prevent the death of his mother. The result? Allen inadvertently creates another universe protected by Keaton’s Batman, now 30 years older.

So the film will probably start off in present day after Snyder's Justice League with
    Affleck's Batman
    , then Barry goes and does what he does, setting up the last line of what's hidden behind the spoiler tag.

I think of all the DC movies on the horizon, The Flash definitely has my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

pixelburp wrote: »
    Just find it hard to believe the actor would be stoked about putting on a costume again, after all these years.
    What if he can move his neck in this one?

Maybe Birdman was cathartic?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

pixelburp wrote: »
    I hope not on the above, because outside of the MCU I haven't seen too much de-ageing that managed to pull itself out of the Uncanny Valley.

As to whether Keaton puts on the cowl? I have a sneaking suspicion he won't, that he'll act like the Wayne from Batman Beyond: a belligerent recluse who slowly decides to help the heroes as a Behind the Scenes type. Just find it hard to believe the actor would be stoked about putting on a costume again, after all these years.

Yep, I'm fine if that ends up being Keatons role in the Flash movie. Just wish they'd have put him to use in an actual Batman Beyond movie. Why has that never gotten off the ground? You'd at least end up with a very distinct Batman movie, compared to all thats come before.

Yep, I'm fine if that ends up being Keatons role in the Flash movie. Just wish they'd have put him to use in an actual Batman Beyond movie. Why has that never gotten off the ground? You'd at least end up with a very distinct Batman movie, compared to all thats come before.

I'd speculate it's a few things: partly because in the head of studio executives there's a template of what a "Batman" film should be - and that starts with a modern setting, Bruce Wayne at his peak etc. (and probably why each film can't resist a Crime Alley scene). Also, I'd wager Batman & Robin really burned those executives' fingers and they box off anything even vaguely off the beaten path as completely off limits for adaptation. This Flashpoint appearance is probably OK by dint of it being another universe (and latching onto easy nostalgia points with KEaton's casting)

I know his Killing Joke adaptation got some criticisms (mostly around the Bats / Batgirl hookup), but honestly DC should just throw money at Bruce Timm to make a Batman film. Mind you, Matt Reeves obviously has his own, so let's see how that one shakes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I just assume that they're looking to ape Into the Spiderverse a bit. Multiverses didn't scare off viewers there, so what could be more popular than Batman? Several Batmen!

Advertisement