Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Does anyone know how often CO’s pay is increased ? Just wondering as the pay scale goes up quite frequently between year 1 and year 3.

The increases are annual afaik. You can check the pay scale online

• Registered Users Posts: 17 allysangel

Hi all,
    Long time lurker, first time poster.
    Applied for CO on the 2020 campaign. Got an email maybe a fortnight ago for an expression of interest for CO with the HSE in Galway. Interviewed for it this afternoon but I'm
    just wondering if anyone knows what kind of numbers went for it?

Do you mind me asking what OOM you are ? I’m in the 140s so just trying to gauge how many were sent emails .

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Does anyone know how often CO’s pay is increased ? Just wondering as the pay scale goes up quite frequently between year 1 and year 3.

It goes up every year on successful completion of your PMDS (performance management). You will get to skip points 4 and 8 of the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

Missyst wrote: »
    My vetting took 6 months for AGS. I was contacted for my reference and got a call from HR about a week later. I had to give a months notice at my previous job and started a week after that. Saying that I’ve heard of people who’s vetting took 6 weeks so it could very well be the case that yours was processed a lot faster than others!

Do you mind if I ask had you lived out of the country? seems an awful long time for vetting.

Ive been in the same job with the same address for the last 10 years so hoping that will move things along quicker :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

Hi anyone that has done interview online can you tell me if you can have your application form in front of you while doing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

Hi, yes you can have your form in front of you it's no problem.
    I think is best to have as much in your head as you can, dont get to distracted as you want to keep your eyes on the camera as much as possible. The interview isn't to hard and they are really nice, they will mention to you what you out on your form. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oriain17

Belle23 wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask had you lived out of the country? seems an awful long time for vetting.

Ive been in the same job with the same address for the last 10 years so hoping that will move things along quicker :(

I myself lived out of the country for two years, yet both of my vetting things took only a couple of days. After that, PAS asked for permission to contact my referee around a month later (which they said they'd only do after security clearance had been completed - a separate process to the two vetting applications I understand).

I have no idea if it's actually been completed in my case, but I reeeeally hope it won't take anything like 6 months. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Missyst

Belle23 wrote: »

No I’ve lived in the same place all my life and have never gotten so much as a speeding fine. A girl I asked in work told me her vetting took a year and as I said others a few weeks. It just depends on who’s desk your application is landed on I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hunkydorey

I applied on the 2020 clerical officer panel and got an email to say positions were coming up in the hse and if I expressed an interest it would take me off the clerical officer panel. Does anyone know anything about this? Sorry it's my first time applying. I would rather not go for hse position, is not expressing an interest ok? Will I get called if they get to my number for another position?
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

Just curious - do you know when the HSE competition is actually coming up? was them who informed you of this or the organizers of this competition? I might be wrong but not sure why your application to the HSE would take you off the panel for this - are they not a separate organisation really that would be running the competition.

• Advertisement

Just curious - do you know when the HSE competition is actually coming up? was them who informed you of this or the organizers of this competition? I might be wrong but not sure why your application to the HSE would take you off the panel for this - are they not a separate organisation really that would be running the competition.
    It didn't say when it was coming up or where the positions were. It acknowledged they were separate organisations but said that expressing my interest in the hse position would mean I would not get offered another position from the CO panel. It said positions available, so more than one but that preference would be given in numerical order. The last I heard two weeks ago there was about 20 people before me on the CO panel. Is it normal to say a hse position a the county but not say where exactly do you know? That could be miles away and not feasible at all but I would have lost my place on the CO panel

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

oh ok - kinda surprised of that, seems unfair really. People should be able to be eligible to more than one competition really in my eyes.
    I dont know to be honest in answer to your question

oh ok - kinda surprised of that, seems unfair really. People should be able to be eligible to more than one competition really in my eyes.
    I dont know to be honest in answer to your question

I thought it seemed a bit unfair too. Thank you for your reply anyway 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Query on the payscales, Forsa website shows Clerical officer higher scale (PPC) - is this when the CO reaches top end of their scale, or is this promotion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NinetiesChild

allysangel wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what OOM you are ? I’m in the 140s so just trying to gauge how many were sent emails .

Hey, so I was 50 for co Galway but got a message from them on Tues after the interview to say I'm now placed first. Delighted. Wasn't going to accept the offer of interest in the first place as it made me ineligible for the rest so just happy the gamble paid off! I see a few people debating whether to apply for the HSE, just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NinetiesChild

Hunkydorey wrote: »
    I applied on the 2020 clerical officer panel and got an email to say positions were coming up in the hse and if I expressed an interest it would take me off the clerical officer panel. Does anyone know anything about this? Sorry it's my first time applying. I would rather not go for hse position, is not expressing an interest ok? Will I get called if they get to my number for another position?
    Thanks in advance

I got the same and just decided f_k it I'd apply. My advice is that you only have the now, the other position that may come up are only potential ones. Totally your choice but I went for it and was delighted with where I placed!

I got the same and just decided f_k it I'd apply. My advice is that you only have the now, the other position that may come up are only potential ones. Totally your choice but I went for it and was delighted with where I placed!

That's fantastic it worked out for you, if it was closer to May I would definitely do the same but they are currently less than 20 away from my number and the panel in open until May so I am hoping I get called for another position and I haven't made a bad decision, but I have decided to wait it out and hopefully something in the Civil service will come up, fingers crossed 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

Anyone know what batch they are on in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Anyone know what batch they are on in Dublin?

Start of the week they where batch 16 OOM 90's I think

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

Anyone get their new OOM for Kildare yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

Hunkydorey wrote: »
    I thought it seemed a bit unfair too. Thank you for your reply anyway ��

I got Expression of Interest in HSE the other day, I didn't even open it. I wouldn't be interested in the HSE either. I'd rather stay on the CO panel.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I got Expression of Interest in HSE the other day, I didn't even open it. I wouldn't be interested in the HSE either. I'd rather stay on the CO panel.

HSE is public service as well so slightly different to civil service. Terms and conditions of employment could be a bit different. You wouldn't get the variety you'd get in the civil service in terms of work. I don't think the HSE have a mobility scheme, if they do it's probably much more limited than the civil service one. I know a few COs who left the HSE for the civil service, they didn't have great things to say about their experiences with the clerical side of the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Christine2020

Hi just wondering if anyone has been placed in cork and if so what kind of departments? Just trying to see which are the most active filling places! Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Anyone been called in Dublin recently or have any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

Does anyone know what departments operate in Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

HSE is public service as well so slightly different to civil service. Terms and conditions of employment could be a bit different. You wouldn't get the variety you'd get in the civil service in terms of work. I don't think the HSE have a mobility scheme, if they do it's probably much more limited than the civil service one. I know a few COs who left the HSE for the civil service, they didn't have great things about their experiences with the clerical side of the HSE.

Yes, this just confirms what I think about the whole HSE. I'm happy to wait for CO panel but fair play to everyone who has or is going for it - I wish everyone well.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Vologda69

For those who were already reached on the panel, how long after the supplementary form is completed do you get an interview date.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Got called for references today for cork? Does anyone know are revenue hiring , hoping to dodge that department

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Christine2020

Vologda69 wrote: »
    For those who were already reached on the panel, how long after the supplementary form is completed do you get an interview date.[/

Hi, I returned the application form on the Friday and had a message with the date the following Wednesday. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Hi everyone. Just sent in my supplementary application form today for county Meath.

I lived in Spain for 9 years and am wondering if anyone needed any type of police clearance from abroad or if Garda vetting suffices? (This is all hypothetical providing I pass the interview and am offered a position!)

Advertisement