Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

madalig12 wrote: »
    SNDL doing good.

Now might be a good time to exit ....

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

My whole Covid portfolio- CCL, Royal Dutch and TUI are red today. Got these at bottom, now they are rock bottom 😆 The only way is upwards whenever that would be.

bish76 wrote: »
    My whole Covid portfolio- CCL, Royal Dutch and TUI are red today. Got these at bottom, now they are rock bottom �� The only way is upwards whenever that would be.
    https://www.barrons.com/articles/oil-prices-are-rebounding-why-royal-dutch-shell-stock-looks-attractive-51613035800

Read that today, Shell might end up ok

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

CTRM taking off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭MfMan

At which point is Paypal going to pull back? Wish I got in sub $120...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

bish76 wrote: »
    My whole Covid portfolio- CCL, Royal Dutch and TUI are red today. Got these at bottom, now they are rock bottom �� The only way is upwards whenever that would be.

have been following Oil/travel sector closely since summer, been in and out of them few times...sold AAL/MRO only this week, thinking of existing NCLH as well...wait for a pull back if you want to get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

Treppen wrote: »
    This week I've seen them 2 hours out of sync.
    Someone tipped me out earlier in the thread:
    Put your portfolio details into Yahoo finance and take your prices from there, they're as close to realtime as you can get, without paying.
    Marketwatch gives the premarket prices.

I use the webull desktop app, works really well and has loads of different indicators that you can customise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

MfMan wrote: »

Got in at $185 as I wanted to put some cash in some less volatile, safer bets. Pure dumb luck lol.

ShaneU wrote: »
    CTRM taking off!

Bought 150 at 0.85 as I seen the moving averages crossing over. Thinking to myself, if this keeps growing it'll be over a dollar by the end of Feb.

Seen the price soaring over the last few days and googled it. There's an entire bloody subreddit for the stock. Is every stock a meme stock now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Zillow (Z) is the gift that keeps on giving. Up another 16% after beating Q4 earnings estimates. Now my second-largest holding after TSLA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

On degrio setup a stop loss on GTC for $60 , it was triggered on market open today and I seen my shares sold at 55 .

I logged in while ago and the shares are back in my account and worth only $44 . Any idea whats going wrong here ?

Zillow (Z) is the gift that keeps on giving. Up another 16% after beating Q4 earnings estimates. Now my second-largest holding after TSLA.

That is a beautiful uptrend since March last year, just look at that chef's kiss

It seems every sub $1 stock is meme stock now....GTE an oil Co. was hovering around.40 cents couple of weeks ago and now it's 1.20. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

OCGN...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

Kerry Group took a serious hit at one point today apparently because a very critical report was published by 'ontake research' (never heard of them either). I must have a look at it later.

Either way Kerry is definitely one I'll be watching next week. Earnings are out Tuesday also and they're in the midst of negotiations to offload their consumer-facing businesses,

I really like the company but am wary of buying above 95 as I like to give myself some kind of margin of error for companies I plan on holding for a few years and even 95 is still quite high.

cc87 wrote: »
    OCGN...... :D

Financial media thinks otherwise

https://investorplace.com/2021/02/ocgn-stock-dont-get-fomo-its-too-late/

:pac:

I've stopped taking any articles into account any more, they seem to be way off the mark more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

circadian wrote: »
    Financial media thinks otherwise

I've stopped taking any articles into account any more, they seem to be way off the mark more often than not.
    Almost as if it is intended to be that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

3rd biggest holding in ARKF, which has also performed well recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Covaxin is successful in tackling UK strain - informs ICMR (edit - old news misread)

3 of my shroom stocks are up over 10-15% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Kerry Group took a serious hit at one point today apparently because a very critical report was published by 'ontake research' (never heard of them either). I must have a look at it later.

Either way Kerry is definitely one I'll be watching next week. Earnings are out Tuesday also and they're in the midst of negotiations to offload their consumer-facing businesses,

I really like the company but am wary of buying above 95 as I like to give myself some kind of margin of error for companies I plan on holding for a few years and even 95 is still quite high.

If those sales/spins offs were to go through do you think it will jump alot? I feel the price is already built it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

MfMan wrote: »

It’s got an investor day today so we’ll see the stocks reaction to that, could go either way. PayPal own the US equivalent of Revolut, it’s taking on banks

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Tried to buy champignon brands on Degiro today. Typically Degiro would put through the buy. Up 17 % now .

I'm getting pretty pissed off that on top of finding stocks, looking at the charts and looking at the company profile I have to trawl reddit to make sure it's not getting pumped there as I'll get caught unawares as the growth is so rapid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

circadian wrote: »
    I'm getting pretty pissed off that on top of finding stocks, looking at the charts and looking at the company profile I have to trawl reddit to make sure it's not getting pumped there as I'll get caught unawares as the growth is so rapid.
    I dont understand the issue here, if you are satisfied with the fundamentals, can see the share price at the time and are happy to buy in at that price, then why not buy anyway ride the pump and set the stop loss so save you from the dip.

Then rebuy following the pump if you believe in the stock ?

What is the difference between it being discussed on Reddit vs someone on Bloomberg or CNBC pumping it for the hedge funds ?

The anti-reddit rhetoric is bizarre , pump and dump is hardly their invention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Tried to buy champignon brands on Degiro today. Typically Degiro would put through the buy. Up 17 % now .

It's on Trading 212

PLTR dropping nicely

HYLN announced a new EV battery 🔋, up nearly 20% could go higher once Reddit band jumps into it😀

I dont understand the issue here, if you are satisfied with the fundamentals, can see the share price at the time and are happy to buy in at that price, then why not buy anyway ride the pump and set the stop loss so save you from the dip.

Then rebuy following the pump if you believe in the stock ?

What is the difference between it being discussed on Reddit vs someone on Bloomberg or CNBC pumping it for the hedge funds ?

The anti-reddit rhetoric is bizarre , pump and dump is hardly their invention.

I get that. My problem is I've always traded long. I'm trying to learn more about trends, fundamentals etc and making choices based on what I believe to be a solid theory when in reality what I'm seeing is the beginning of a reddit rush.

I had longer term stocks in some medicinal cannabis companies that I had to dump out today because the top post on WSB was advising people to do this, driving the price down. Sure I'd make a profit from the stop loss but for someone who isn't glued to the screen all day the price shooting up then down is far too much volatility to keep on top of.

I got on the GME train, of course I did. It was 140% shorted for **** sake. But everything is now to the moon then days later dump it. Means I have another metric to keep on top of while trying to actually learn to trade. I intend on doing this long beyond it being a cool thing on Reddit and right now suits me for applying time to learn.

EDIT: Just to add, I don't begrudge people from making money on the market. Not at all, I'm just frustrated that when I have the time to learn this stuff, it coincides witha trend off the back of the GME boom. I also wonder how many of the millions of new users are Wall Street folks using this as a tool to push their agenda, knowing full well that the SEC will put pressure on Reddit to either reign in or completely removing trading discussions altogether. It's a win-win for Wall Street. Make the money they lost on GME back with pump and dumps in the guise of some WSB user doing "great DD" and they also remove a platform for the retail traders that have been making inroads since the start of the pandemic.

PLTR dropping nicely

HYLN announced a new EV battery ��, up nearly 20% could go higher once Reddit band jumps into it��

Leveraging previous battery experience and incorporating enhancements for improved battery cooling, the new module delivers multiple benefits tied to performance and allows for more than a 40 percent improvement in cooling compared to the previous system. Key benefits include:
    • Longer Life – Hyliion’s improved battery module is capable of up to 5 times as much cycle life than a conventional EV battery.
    • Higher Charging Rates – Improved heat dissipation allows for higher charge and discharge rates of the battery and longer sustained power output.
    • Speed – The battery can be recharged in under 8 minutes, an unprecedented charge time compared to other EV battery solutions.
    • Safety –The new module design reduces the operating temperature of the cells allowing for a safer operating environment.

That's pretty impressive if it goes into production with these kinds of figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Treppen wrote: »
    Cannabis sector is on a bull run again.

2 small tips would be Organigram and Medipharm. Probably only 1 or two days left in it.

Thanks for this. I have just started out with small sums. Bought organigram when I saw your post @ 4.45, sold after one day @ 5.62. Right now it's down to 3.69

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

PLTR dropping nicely

HYLN announced a new EV battery ��, up nearly 20% could go higher once Reddit band jumps into it��

I very nearly bought me for around 15 a few days ago for HYLN, I thought it was a great price! Ah well...

Advertisement