Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Got my first dose last Saturday sore arm where injection site was for 2 days that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭baldbear

Are health workers getting tested regularly after they have the vaccine to see if they have it?

And is it safe to visit people after you have had the vaccine? Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

baldbear wrote: »
    Are health workers getting tested regularly after they have the vaccine to see if they have it?

And is it safe to visit people after you have had the vaccine? Asking for a friend.

1. Yes, on a weekly basis now, I got tested a week after got the dose

2. I know few people got positive even after having first dose of vaccine. I would wait till second dose and still adhere to the guidelines, mask, social distancing, coughing etiquette and hand washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wexford 96

Wesser wrote: »
    Has any one here had a Covid 19 vaccine yet?

In the spirit of threads such as .... have you had Covid.... and.... have you been tested for Covid....

I had the moderna vaccine today and I feel 100 % well.

I didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭baldbear

FrankC21 wrote: »
    1. Yes, on a weekly basis now, I got tested a week after got the dose

2. I know few people got positive even after having first dose of vaccine. I would wait till second dose and still adhere to the guidelines, mask, social distancing, coughing etiquette and hand washing.

The reason I ask is someone who had the 2nd vaccine is visiting a vulnerable person. It doesn't seem right to me to take any chance at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

My wife got her 1st Moderna jab today, she works in a hospital so she was prioritized ..

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

I got the Pfizer vaccine and just had a sore arm after the first jab.

After the second one I had muscles aches, stiffness, headache and that general feeling like you're coming down with something. Paracetamol certainly helped a lot. I was fine about 36 hours later.
    A number of my colleagues had familiar symptoms, some also had fever and chills.

I hope no one is put off by hearing about some of the side effects. They are completely normal.
    I would much rather feel like crap for 36-48 hours than take the risk of contracting Covid.

The advice I would give people getting the second dose would be to take it easy for the day, book it off work if you can and have paracetamol handy.

Good advice. I posted above about feeling fine after my second jab, which I got at 8am on Thursday. I was fine until about 11pm that night when I started to feel a little strange, all over body aches and just a general feeling something wasnt right. I took nurofen and it passed. Just putting this out there in case anyone else feels similar. A good sleep today and feeling back to normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eastie17

Yes - J&J
    Missus got it 2 weeks ago, no issues, 2nd is Next Friday so will report back after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

My wife had her second Pfizer on Friday. She described herself as feeling limp over the weekend and not up for much, but back in work this morning and AOK.

My son had his second Moderna last week (USA). He was "sick as a dog". Fever, nausea, just felt lousy for a few days. Feeling tip top now though and back working away. His colleagues had mixed reactions, ranging from flu like symptoms to nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Got my first dose last week; I work in healthcare. Only issue was a slightly sore arm at the injection spot for a day or two.

A few colleagues have gotten their 2nd doses and confirmed feeling worse after it than the 1st, they said it was mostly a tired or hungover feeling for a day or 2 with one colleague getting a slight temperature, but it cleared up for all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine 3 weeks ago and I'm getting the 2nd dose tomorrow morning. My arm, shoulder and neck felt a bit stiff and sore after the 1st jab. I went home about half an hour after the jab and felt tired so I lay down on the bed and fell asleep for about 4 gours or so. Felt really tired still and managed to sleep all night too. I felt fine the next day though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Minier81

I have had mine, the Pfizer one. Dose 1 was no bother, not even a sore arm. Dose 2 made me a little tired and I got the chills and thirst in the middle of the night and had nausea a few hours later. Stupidly I did not have paracetamol and water in the bedside locker to act quick, and I was too cold to get up and get some, I think if i had taken paracetamol when the chills came on it might have prevented the nausea. I was grand the next day, just a little tired. Totally glad I took the jabs but I would recommend people plant to take it easy after jab 2. Most of my colleagues were grand, I seemed to be unlucky. In fairness I was grand once I got paracetamol into me but did feel unpleasant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Anyone get the AstraZeneca vaccine yet?

I received notification of my appointment today....just wondering as to what to expect... although I imagine the side-effects are similar across the board

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes - Moderna first jab

I received notification of my appointment today....just wondering as to what to expect... although I imagine the side-effects are similar across the board

My father got it yesterday, all good no side affects yet thankfully. He is in mid 50s. Second dose booked for May. Hopefully all stays well.

I am due to get my first dose next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Got the 2nd Pfizer jab this morning. Arm fairly sore but no other side effects so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

afatbollix wrote: »
    I had a blood test before the first jab, That tests for antibodies. Then again 57 days later when I have the second jab. Of the 60k people taking part in the trial about 6k have blood taken every month for the 2 years of the trial but I am not part of that trial.

Not sure if anyone cares but:

I had my 29 day checkup this week. I'm still alive :pac:

The results of the antibody test from day 1 said I never had covid.

I'll be back in the clinic next month for the 2nd jab and a blood test and then again 2 weeks after that.

It seems I have been moved to the monthly antibody test via a pin prick until August. I will get a kit in the post and send it off every month. My wife who is not part of the trial is also getting one each month.

So maybe show folks this when they say is it safe!
    Ya Science!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭trixi001

My Dad had the Astra Zeneca one and he felt bad for a day or 2, said he felt as if he done ten rounds with Mike Tyson, chills, temperature etc

Friends also got it, and it floored them for a day too.

Mum had the Pfizer one and she was a bit tired and had a sore arm

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Yes - Moderna first jab

Hey just wondering or if anyone else knows.
    I got notification today of my appointment but it doesn’t say for which vaccine?
    For those who got notifications was it specified which vaccine you would be getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Cazale wrote:
    Got the 2nd Pfizer jab this morning. Arm fairly sore but no other side effects so far.

Feel like ****e today. Low energy and a hangover like headache. An excuse to lie on the couch for the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Hey just wondering or if anyone else knows.
    I got notification today of my appointment but it doesn’t say for which vaccine?
    For those who got notifications was it specified which vaccine you would be getting?

If you are a healthcare worker then its likely to be AstraZeneca. The HSE site only lists that one when signing up through their online portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

dan786 wrote: »
    If you are a healthcare worker then its likely to be AstraZeneca. The HSE site only lists that one when signing up through their online portal.

Don't mean to contradict you but I am in healthcare and got the AZ vaccine - I assumed it wudda been Pfizer but they said it just depended on which one they had on the day..

Is there a poll for whether or not you have had the vaccine btw? If so can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A long shot but is there anyway people can choose which jab they get?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yes - J&J
    A long shot but is there anyway people can choose which jab they get?

No, not at this point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Yes - Moderna second jab
    Had my first dose of the AZ vaccine yesterday. Was fine at the time and just a sore arm yesterday evening. Woke up during the night with a fever though and haven't been right all day today. Can't work out if I'm too hot or too cold. Went for an hours sleep at lunchtime which helped a bit.

I believe this is all normal and lasts 24 to 48 hours so hopefully I will be fine by this time tomorrow. Obviously worth it for a day or two in return for being vaccinated.

Apparently the second dose tends to have heavier side effects than the first dose so that's something to look forward to in a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

pc7 wrote: »
    No, not at this point in time.
    Very unlikely to be the case either. The HSE will control the distribution of vaccines to MVCs and other locations. As always it'll be down to the current supply available.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yes - J&J
    is_that_so wrote: »
    Very unlikely to be the case either. The HSE will control the distribution of vaccines to MVCs and other locations. As always it'll be down to the current supply available.

I'd say in time as there are surplus vaccines you will be able to pay to choose the one you would prefer (not with HSE but privately). As for me, I'll take any one of them, really can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

pc7 wrote: »
    I'd say in time as there are surplus vaccines you will be able to pay to choose the one you would prefer (not with HSE but privately). As for me, I'll take any one of them, really can't wait.

MVCs?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,381 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    I'm in #14. I wouldn't care about the placement if they had a time frame to determine when I can expect to get it. The fact that they won't give a timeframe is troubling.

Almost impossible to put a timeframe on anything in a global pandemic.
    At least we have a number of vaccines in play and more coming on stream. Once the supply of these is a bit more concrete a more concrete time of vaccination can be established.
    Not vaccinated yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    I'm in #14. I wouldn't care about the placement if they had a time frame to determine when I can expect to get it. The fact that they won't give a timeframe is troubling.
    There is an end of June 1st jab suggestion for those who want it but that could easily get pushed. There will be a portal to book a date at some point but I reckon June/July now for Groups 12 onwards.

Advertisement