Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

• 16-01-2021 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Has any one here had a Covid 19 vaccine yet?

In the spirit of threads such as .... have you had Covid.... and.... have you been tested for Covid....

I had the moderna vaccine today and I feel 100 % well.

Have You had a vaccine? 695 votes

Yes - AZ first jab
    0%
    Yes - Moderna first jab
    20%
    mufflerThe CushAlunlukegriffenPherekydesShamroguemaebeeSnake PliskenTony HcivdefangeldelightCrowdedHousebullpostjos28higsterBowWowpoisonatedDubDanisecmansundodger5 140 votes
    Yes - Pfizer first jab
    13%
    ChongDampsquidDeagolZaphdavehey79Gregor SamsapeasantDonie75rdhmaDSNSconseyuredsAckwelFoleyDJ WIPEOUTblarney_armyHuffer1979horgan_pF1ngersmiss chocbikeman1 94 votes
    Yes - J&J
    53%
    ToulouseSupercellTippexBArrathe corpoMackerjhegartyopusHellrazerFrank GrimesXcom2sunbeamcarlosdemaceronaynegazzerleonlafriteaodh_ruajimmycrackcormA-Trak 369 votes
    Yes - AZ second jab
    6%
    ButcherOfNogcorkieDingatronednwirelandinforfuneigrodTengerMr.Scoldfire1xyosser hughesinterlockedAmiranicamz09kevinmcmrksfryupbiddy21xperDelta2113alexonhisown 44 votes
    Yes - Moderna second jab
    4%
    flipskyA Dub in GlasgoScraggsThe Black OilpatrickcpoolboyNewApproachceegeeCosmo KramerjeounGrover81Mr. Muddlelogie101thecretinhopSaltybrianregan09Oral SurgeonkingtigerUrbanSprawlMorby 29 votes
    Yes - Pfizer second jab
    2%
    dbenthamdrive3331dubalPauloMNlookseeaidomAPMommonicafussyMsQuinnRubberlegsHa Long BayEDitcharlie14Joe_ PublicWorking class heroesQueenRizlaGerianamStewballklr87 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

Wesser wrote: »
    Has any one here had a Covid 19 vaccine yet?

In the spirit of threads such as .... have you had Covid.... and.... have you been tested for Covid....

I had the moderna vaccine today and I feel 100 % well.
    Did you get an appointment for your second dose?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Good for you,did it hurt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

No appt yet but advised will get a text or email

Didn't hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

Wesser wrote: »
    No appt yet but advised will get a text or email

Didn't hurt
    When are you fully immune (if that’s the right term)?
    When you get second dose?

Second dose i think 4 weeks

Immune 2 weeks after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

A parent received the first dose of the Pfizer/Biontech vaccine on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

My friend got hers today, Pfizer and feels fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

You may have seen on the other thread I joined the J&J trial this week.

I have a 50% chance of having the vaccine but I had 3 of the side effects of the vaccine.

Bit of a sore arm, A small headache and fatigue that night of the injection, Nothing to worry about in other words.

I go back in 57 days to have another as this is a 2 shot trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Colleagues got vaccine last week. 4 had severe headaches after the jab. 1 had no I'll effects. 1 was in bed all weekend with flu like symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Yes - J&J
    Several friends who work in healthcare have had their first vaccine. All reported having a sore arm but nothing more.

• Advertisement

Slightly sore arm yesterday but all settled down now

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Had Pfizer/BioNTech Comirnaty Vaccine yesterday lunchtime. Arm felt a bit tingly afterwards for about 30 minutes then later in the day and overnight developed the usual vaccine sore arm. Feeling more relieved than anything else. Slept like a baby for the first time in months!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dhenalau

I have decided to let my beard grow until I get vaccinated :)

Let see how long it takes when you are #12 in the priority list :rolleyes:

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/39038-provisional-vaccine-allocation-groups/

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

afatbollix wrote: »

I have a 50% chance of having the vaccine but I had 3 of the side effects of the vaccine.

Bit of a sore arm, A small headache and fatigue that night of the injection, Nothing to worry about in other words.

How did you join the trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

I had my first Pfizer jab 3 weeks ago, all good, no reaction very minor sore arm but i hardly noticed it, a few of my colleagues were quite sore from the jab and some side effects, headaches being the main one.
    Then this week Tuesday I had my booster 2nd jab, the nurse did mention from feedback she had heard that the side effects from this were more pronounced and boy was she right, I woke up at about 4 am the next day with cold sweats, sore all over, shivers, tiredness. Called in sick this am, still sick and sore so today as a precaution i went for a covid test, probably a reaction to the 2nd jab but i'm playing it safe.
    Looking at the bigger picture i'm not sorry i got the 2nd jab, i would rather have this annoying side effect than covid itself, working in the H.S.E. i've seen what it does to people so its the lesser of 2 evils.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I'm on the vaccine team and have started giving the 2nd dose. Will be interested to see over the next few days if there are any reactions. Didnt have many for the first dose, usual sore arm but that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

Have an elderly relative who got the first one so far and it was fine, no side effects

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

afatbollix wrote: »

How will they know if it’s effective? Do the antibody test on you? Or simply try to infect you with Covid??

How did you join the trial?

Joined the virus watch list as part of studies last year and also joined vaccine trial waiting lists that the NHS put out last summer.

Finally got the email 2 weeks ago would I still like to join a trial.

This is an NHS trial as part of a local hospital in London.

How will they know if it’s effective? Do the antibody test on you? Or simply try to infect you with Covid??

I had a blood test before the first jab, That tests for antibodies. Then again 57 days later when I have the second jab. Of the 60k people taking part in the trial about 6k have blood taken every month for the 2 years of the trial but I am not part of that trial.

Then it's a waiting game to see if I get Covid I have loads of tests sitting here if I have any symptoms I do a test and they come and pick it up and have given me a temp gauge and a blood oxygen monitor to keep an eye on things. I also have to input how I feel and temperature into an app each day.

They wouldn't infect a fat bolli x like me with Covid. There is a small trial that infects healthy young people with the virus but it's done in a hospital and you get paid a lot of money to take part. I only got paid a 5er to cover my car parking :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Some people who have got the covid vaccine died afterwards BUT THEY DIED BECAUSE THEY WERE OLD
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40218434.html
    I am screenshot all the moderaters response to show that I am not being abusive or linking to obscure websites. Look at the Irish newspaper article.

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Dhenalau wrote: »
    I have decided to let my beard grow until I get vaccinated :)

Let see how long it takes when you are #12 in the priority list :rolleyes:

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/39038-provisional-vaccine-allocation-groups/

I'm in #14. I wouldn't care about the placement if they had a time frame to determine when I can expect to get it. The fact that they won't give a timeframe is troubling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

When are they expected to vaccinate the over 70s by?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

Got my second one this morning having come off night shift. Am very tired so am hoping I sleep through any potential side effects. Glad I have got it, although initially was not sure if I'd get it. Feeling a sense of relief going forward going into work.

I know of two work colleagues that got covid and are now seeing cardiologists. They are both in their 40s, so am not taking any chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭plodder

Yes - J&J
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/02/second-vaccine-side-effects/617892/

The second dose effects being harder seems to be a thing alright. You would wonder is it harder on people who would have severe Covid disease had they caught it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I got the Pfizer vaccine and just had a sore arm after the first jab.

After the second one I had muscles aches, stiffness, headache and that general feeling like you're coming down with something. Paracetamol certainly helped a lot. I was fine about 36 hours later.
    A number of my colleagues had familiar symptoms, some also had fever and chills.

I hope no one is put off by hearing about some of the side effects. They are completely normal.
    I would much rather feel like crap for 36-48 hours than take the risk of contracting Covid.

The advice I would give people getting the second dose would be to take it easy for the day, book it off work if you can and have paracetamol handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭plodder

Yes - J&J
    I got the Pfizer vaccine and just had a sore arm after the first jab.

After the second one I had muscles aches, stiffness, headache and that general feeling like you're coming down with something. Paracetamol certainly helped a lot. I was fine about 36 hours later.
    A number of my colleagues had familiar symptoms, some also had fever and chills.

I hope no one is put off by hearing about some of the side effects. They are completely normal.
    I would much rather feel like crap for 36-48 hours than take the risk of contracting Covid.

The advice I would give people getting the second dose would be to take it easy for the day, book it off work if you can and have paracetamol handy.
    They must already know how common they are too. I'd say most people experience not much even after the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Had my second Pfizer/BionTech jab two days ago and luckily have escaped without any side -effects at all....have felt fine for the 48 hours since but took Paracetamol an hour before and every 4 hours after it on Tuesday.
    One of the lucky ones maybe as many of my colleagues see a bit under the weather after the second one,but most back to normal within 48 hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Moragle

Had my first Pfizer dose two weeks ago, felt fine just a sore arm. Waiting for the date for my second now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

As per previous post. Slept like a log today. No side effects from second jab received just after 8am today. Delighted to have got it. Hope all those wanting it get it soon.

Advertisement