Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

Antares35 wrote: »

TA is there a Jurassic weapon in every company, that is completely useless but holds onto documents etc. and won't release them to others on request without a big hoo-ha to make themselves feel important? :(

Yep, every company gets one. I once worked in a place where the resident weapon left and within two days, someone else had turned into a new one. Quite disturbing, it's like some kind of evil curse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The acting on Fair City.

Would they ever just get phucking stuck into themselves and start earning their wages.....?

Diabolical.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Well done New Home on the new modship btw.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever joined a Facebook group that I didn't leave about 5 minutes later due to the incessant stream of stupid questions that 1.7 nanoseconds on Google would have answered.

I think the Slow Cooker one was the worst. Literally pages and pages of "Can I do [insert item spectacularly and obviously unsuitable for slow cooking] in the slow cooker???"

I think my one and only post was suggesting that the question people should really be asking wasn't "Can I" but rather "Should I?" when it came to what they could put in their slow cookers.

Great TA . It’s one of mine too .

I’m on an Gardening group . People putting up photos of Primulas bought in Lidl asking “does anyone know what this is “???

Likewise with “Insects and Invertebrates of Ireland “ group ........ people saying “I’m new here , can anyone identify this “?......alongside a photo of an earthworm.

I’ve got a great App that identifies literally any plant , indoor or outdoor, in the world ! Takes about 20 seconds. I don’t get all these questions on FB (that even any google search will answer ) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I’m on an Gardening group . People putting up photos of Primulas bought in Lidl asking “does anyone know what this is “???

Likewise with “Insects and Invertebrates of Ireland “ group ........ people saying “I’m new here , can anyone identify this “?......alongside a photo of an earthworm.

I’ve got a great App that identifies literally any plant , indoor or outdoor, in the world ! Takes about 20 seconds. I don’t get all these questions on FB (that even any google search will answer ) :confused:

Don't get me started. My one is the people who tryi to pass off their photoshopped pictures as real.
    If you are going to photoshop the moon in at least bloody get the reflection in the right place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I think a lot of it is people looking for attention and likes. In the mum group that I'm not allowed play in anymore because I was mean to the other kids, every day you'd have someone asking "can I give my child xyz" or is "xyz normal" which is fine, except they'd always finish the post with "pic so we don't get lost" and a picture of their baby with photoshopped sapphire eyes and you're there thinking Martha come off it, it's a pic because you're a narcissistic thanks whore and you want us all to say how beautiful your baby is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

Antares35 wrote: »
    I think a lot of it is people looking for attention and likes. In the mum group that I'm not allowed play in anymore because I was mean to the other kids, every day you'd have someone asking "can I give my child xyz" or is "xyz normal" which is fine, except they'd always finish the post with "pic so we don't get lost" and a picture of their baby with photoshopped sapphire eyes and you're there thinking Martha come off it, it's a pic because you're a narcissistic thanks whore and you want us all to say how beautiful your baby is. :)

Ahhh jeez.... now I'm conflicted as to whether I should 'thank' your post or not :P:P

Oh what the hell, have a big fat juicy guilt-free thanks from me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Slightly off topic but, what is this app? That sounds like something my partner would use.

Slightly off topic but, what is this app? That sounds like something my partner would use.

PlantNet .

Just take a photo of any plant via the App (or upload from your Gallery) and hey presto it will be identified immediately. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bank wants me to download their app to use my card for online purchases.
    My SLD means reading numbers from a screen and in particular small screen hard to read.

I call the no they gave for queries, the staff there can only say what the letter does.

GGGGGGggggggggta organizations who try to make us all fit into a pigeonhole.
    Looks like I'll have to close the a/c now.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Bredabe wrote: »
    Bank wants me to download their app to use my card for online purchases.
    My SLD means reading numbers from a screen and in particular small screen hard to read.

I call the no they gave for queries, the staff there can only say what the letter does.

Not a hope in hell of getting me to put the app on. Bank / mobile phone not a good mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

PlantNet .

Just take a photo of any plant via the App (or upload from your Gallery) and hey presto it will be identified immediately. :)

*goes out to back garden with phone*

• Registered Users Posts: 30,218 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Bredabe wrote: »

Just be careful what you sign up to different places have different that tings that you may not like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Waiting for a phone call. I hate talking on the phone. The anxiety of just waiting for the phone to ring is stressing me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Waiting for a phone call. I hate talking on the phone. The anxiety of just waiting for the phone to ring is stressing me out.

That's mad, I'm waiting for the phone as well but I have to work and can't until I get the call. I even had to bring it into the toilet with me. I hate waiting on other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm thinking of buying a new bass (guitar), but I'm having trouble finding one I like in a colour I like. Something in green would be nice, but I mostly see pastel shades of green: "mint green", "spring green" and so on. This is the "seafoam green" I saw on one:

b0ded4.png

Stuff that: i want the green equivalent of Royal Blue or Fire Engine Red. A colour that shouts "I'm Feckin' GREEN, if you can't handle it that's YOUR feckin' problem". Maybe RGB colour #00FF00, which that site calls "electric green":

00ff00.png

Chartreuse green is nice too: still Feckin' GREEN, like the drink:

7fff00.png

I'm not entirely sure this is a trivial problem, actually ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

• Registered Users Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My dad just asked me - as in, like a test - how many mm are in a cm. I said 10, obvs. He's absolutely adamant that it's 100 and neither Google nor consulting a ruler will convince the man otherwise.

I don't know whether to admire or be irritated by such commitment to his wrongness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

My dad just asked me - as in, like a test - how many mm are in a cm. I said 10, obvs. He's absolutely adamant that it's 100 and neither Google nor consulting a ruler will convince the man otherwise.

I don't know whether to admire or be irritated by such commitment to his wrongness.

Is he trolling you, maybe? Because I do that sometimes. I'll say something that I absolutely know is wrong, and then, for my own amusement, I'll 'dig in' when someone contradicts me. One of my favourite examples is misusing 'there/their/they're' and then arguing with people who feel the need to tell me I'm wrong.

Anyway, my trivial annoyance is when someone is tailgating me in the fast lane on the M50. I should probably pull over and let him pass, once I've submitted this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

.anon. wrote: »
    Is he trolling you, maybe? Because I do that sometimes. I'll say something that I absolutely know is wrong, and then, for my own amusement, I'll 'dig in' when someone contradicts me.

I did wonder that, initially. But he's still squinting over the ruler and I don't think he has the attention span to keep a joke going that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

.anon. wrote: »
    Is he trolling you, maybe? Because I do that sometimes. I'll say something that I absolutely know is wrong, and then, for my own amusement, I'll 'dig in' when someone contradicts me. One of my favourite examples is misusing 'there/their/they're' and then arguing with people who feel the need to tell me I'm wrong.

Anyway, my trivial annoyance is when someone is tailgating me in the fast lane on the M50. I should probably pull over and let him pass, once I've submitted this post.

I once convinced my best friend during a drunken conversation that the plural of flex was flix. She believed it for about two days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

People afraid to just genuinely be themselves on boards in case they fall out of the circle jerk they're in. It makes for boring cliquey threads. Just be yourself. Don't get your relevance from being in a clique. Don't get me wrong, within these cliques are some sound heads who just like having the craic and are genuinely nice but there's so many that are vanilla and just singing from what they perceive is the accepted hymn sheet. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

bnt wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying a new bass (guitar), but I'm having trouble finding one I like in a colour I like. Something in green would be nice, but I mostly see pastel shades of green: "mint green", "spring green" and so on. This is the "seafoam green" I saw on one:

b0ded4.png

Stuff that: i want the green equivalent of Royal Blue or Fire Engine Red. A colour that shouts "I'm Feckin' GREEN, if you can't handle it that's YOUR feckin' problem". Maybe RGB colour #00FF00, which that site calls "electric green":

00ff00.png

Chartreuse green is nice too: still Feckin' GREEN, like the drink:

7fff00.png

I'm not entirely sure this is a trivial problem, actually ...

How about racing green? Or some shade of viridian? Some more here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_racing_green (look at the bottom). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think I’ve posted this before but on a huge euro-millions jackpot my app emails me about ‘ good news about your ticket’ . £2.70 for &@!&’s sake :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

over ambitious birds... who cannot even spell?

then they want me to approve naming our kids after a welsh myth?

not a chance . or a curlew's chance.

If I am nailing Rhiannon I want to know what Rhiannon the 19th is in Welsh?

Who honestly knows that ( or dat in cymre? )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Alexa.... that bint knows everything?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tell him to think of the name and use his 10 times table.
    CENTI+METRE=100 IN A METRE
    MILLI+METRE=1000 IN A METRE.

Hence, 10 mm in a cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

The phrase “the most vulnerable group in society”

It has been used so often to describe so many different groups that it’s now pretty much meaningless when used to describe any section of society.
    In no particular order it’s used to describe children, special needs children, single parents, the mentally ill, homeless, people in direct provision, people with terminal illness, the elderly, people with hidden disabilities, people of colour, the unemployed, long term unemployed, people in any form of state care etc

I mean, I’d nearly think any group who weren’t described as the most vulnerable in society now are actually vulnerable as they clearly don’t have someone advocating strongly for them!

** just to be clear, this is a light hearted post. I’m not for one second saying that any of the above are not vulnerable in some way or marginalised, but my point is that the phrase ‘the most vulnerable in society’ seems to be the go-to descriptor about them, such that it’s kinda lost its impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

bnt wrote: »

A friend recently bought a Fender mustang short scale bass in a lovely green. It's beautiful.
    Sherwood Green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Just had a cup of tea using one of the cheap tea bags that I thought had been used up, but one of them appears to have slipped through the net.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement