Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Green peppers, they are just red peppers that failed at life
    It's not their fault, they weren't given a chance to reach their full, delicious potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

New Home wrote: »
    It's not their fault, they weren't given a chance to reach their full, delicious potential.

They know exactly what they are doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭wildwillow

They know exactly what they are doing!

First time I grew peppers I thought they had gone off as they turn a horrible brown before being transformed into their glorious red!
    Green peppers are an abomination and I think will never ripen once harvested.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They will ripen, but so slowly that they'll turn wrinkly long before that... unless you're in a hot, sunny country.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,783 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

spookwoman wrote: »
    Story of the dog lost in the mountains. Dogs goes off and chases deer and is lost for 2 week while only last week rte has a piece on about keeping dogs on leads as livestock were being killed and injured by dogs not on leads.
    No mention of keeping dogs on leads this time around.

Unpopular opinion, must have been a pretty stupid dog unable to find his way home. Descended from wolves...pfffft!

Also dumb owners for not having him trained properly and off lead.
    He's lucky a sheep farmer didn't find him first.

It was the same with our two paddle boarding "heroes" last year, no mention of water safety there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I love my mother to bits, but mother of god, cooking in this house is a battle of wits. Said I'd just do a roast chicken with salad, slaw and crusty rolls for dinner this evening. The woman was into me every 5 minutes from 4pm onwards asking would she put the chicken on. A 1.2kg chicken. For dinner at 7pm. In a roasting bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭lucalux

I don't usually buy much frozen food. Started to a bit more over christmas, just to have a few bits like frozen peas, or breads/bagels that I wouldn't get through in a week without them going off. Freezer was filled nicely the past couple of weeks.

Everything in the freezer has defrosted cos (I presume) the kitchen is too cold.
    Fecking knew this when I bought the thing last year, said to the guy in electrical shop, I need a fridge freezer that is for colder room temps.
    No bother he says, this one is perfect.

I'm bulling, have to throw out a rake of stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Starburst childproof sweet wrapping. What the actual fark?!?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

lucalux wrote: »
    Everything in the freezer has defrosted cos (I presume) the kitchen is too cold.

Jaysus, how cold is your kitchen? A Beko fridge freezer will operate in an ambient temperature of -15c. At that temperature, you don’t even need a freezer!

https://www.beko.ie/support/faqs/fridge-freezers/using-fridge-freezer-in-garage-or-low-temperature-environment

Pity about your food, though. It happened to us one summer when one of the kids didn’t close the freezer door properly before we went away for the weekend. Came back to a puddle of water and €100 worth of thawed grub.

Probably not much use to you for the bagels, but you can cook and refreeze the veggies and meat/fish.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, how cold is your kitchen? A Beko fridge freezer will operate in an ambient temperature of -15c. At that temperature, you don’t even need a freezer!

https://www.beko.ie/support/faqs/fridge-freezers/using-fridge-freezer-in-garage-or-low-temperature-environment

Pity about your food, though. It happened to us one summer when one of the kids didn’t close the freezer door properly before we went away for the weekend. Came back to a puddle of water and €100 worth of thawed grub.

Thanks for the recommendation! Will look into that for when I ring them tomorrow

I bought it last March just as the lockdown started, so couldn't shop around much. Explained the space I had was v cold, had asked loads of those kinds of questions about ambient temps.
    After some contradictory answers, and about 6 phonecalls, I think I thought I was making too much of a deal, and that they probably knew what they were talking about, more than me.

Temperature in the kitchen is 7°C (or was when I notice the thawing) but I only lit the range a half hour ago so it should get up to a toasty 13°C in no time

Probably not much use to you for the bagels, but you can cook and refreeze the veggies and meat/fish.

Thanks NewHome you're right, I can see what I can salvage. It's just not knowing whether they might have defrosted and frozen again, but I'll see! :)

Unpopular opinion, must have been a pretty stupid dog unable to find his way home. Descended from wolves...pfffft!

Also dumb owners for not having him trained properly and off lead.
    He's lucky a sheep farmer didn't find him first.

It was the same with our two paddle boarding "heroes" last year, no mention of water safety there....

Plus the owner even said it was a 10km hike back with the dog. It's a good news story nevertheless.

As for the paddle boarders, how effing dumb, and yeah no education on the news piece. Ah shur go do something dangerous, there's always someone willing to risk their life to rescue you. And you'll get on the telly too, mad craic!!

It is what it's.

County Limrock.
    County Kevin.

David on Six One needs to do a refresher on the counties.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I love my mother to bits, but mother of god, cooking in this house is a battle of wits. Said I'd just do a roast chicken with salad, slaw and crusty rolls for dinner this evening. The woman was into me every 5 minutes from 4pm onwards asking would she put the chicken on. A 1.2kg chicken. For dinner at 7pm. In a roasting bag.

Oh my god that sounds delicious..TA that I won't be able to relax until I get my mitts on some crusty rolls. I may have to run over to Tesco.
    I had steak and potatoes less than an hour ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've been chatting to a girl online and accidentally deleted her :( !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

cj maxx wrote: »

That is probably the strangest missing persons case the Gardaí will have seen in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I ordered an item off of Littlewoods last week (1st Feb) and the estimated delivery date was the 13th.

It was updated yesterday as being in Portarlington, Laois, which is a TA in and of itself because this is Fastway that will be delivering it, and I can only imagine they'll leave it sit there for another 5-6 days just to satisfy the date of delivery.. I live 40 minutes away from that location for fck sake.

They also better not do what they did the last time and deliver it to the wrong address (*emailing them now to make sure they don't*)

cj maxx wrote: »

Put a note on your profile. :)

Thanks NewHome you're right, I can see what I can salvage. It's just not knowing whether they might have defrosted and frozen again, but I'll see! :)

Perfect time to invite the mother-in-law for dinner. :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Perfect time to invite the mother-in-law for dinner. :D:D:D

:eek:
    New Home that's bold!
    :D

I have no in-laws to 'test' things out on (which, in fairness, is a TH) :pac:

Is mise an guinea pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I ordered an item off of Littlewoods last week (1st Feb) and the estimated delivery date was the 13th.

It was updated yesterday as being in Portarlington, Laois, which is a TA in and of itself because this is Fastway that will be delivering it, and I can only imagine they'll leave it sit there for another 5-6 days just to satisfy the date of delivery.. I live 40 minutes away from that location for fck sake.

They also better not do what they did the last time and deliver it to the wrong address (*emailing them now to make sure they don't*)

I ordered from M and S and somehow my street is omitted from my address in the dispatch e mail . It will never get here without it but trying to get through to M and S is a joke .No one will help me change it or even try to sort it .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,783 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

oneweb wrote: »
    Plus the owner even said it was a 10km hike back with the dog.

Any fine at all? Not for dog obviously.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Went mad shopping and the fridge is packed and no room to chill beer later. Rookie move compadres.

Went mad shopping and the fridge is packed and no room to chill beer later. Rookie move compadres.

Outside?! Best bet the way the weather's gonna be this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Green peppers, they are just red peppers that failed at life

That i am a green pepper

Outside?! Best bet the way the weather's gonna be this week!

Hadn't thought of that! Haha thanks.

Hadn't thought of that! Haha thanks.

Used to do it at Christmas time in my Mam's, fridge packed to the hilt, so all the booze would go outside in a crate, or in the shed!
    If you get any hail or snow you *could* collect it, put 'em all in a storage box and so have a little ice-cooler thingy going on too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

spookwoman wrote: »
    Story of the dog lost in the mountains. Dogs goes off and chases deer and is lost for 2 week while only last week rte has a piece on about keeping dogs on leads as livestock were being killed and injured by dogs not on leads.
    No mention of keeping dogs on leads this time around.

To be fair, he might have been on a lead

My dog got away from me when on a lead and went through fields but thankfully no livestock there .

• Advertisement

Used to do it at Christmas time in my Mam's, fridge packed to the hilt, so all the booze would go outside in a crate, or in the shed!
    If you get any hail or snow you *could* collect it, put 'em all in a storage box and so have a little ice-cooler thingy going on too :)

An Antartic booze collection. I like it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement