Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

Fromvert wrote: »
    His name and face have been all over the media the last week. Saying you don't have $40-$50m would be the safe approach to it if he has cashed out the all of it. He probably already regrets saying he cashed out the $13m as that's a sum of money that will have every conman, crook and every friend/relative with a brass neck trying to get their hands into his pockets.

plenty of millionaires (&billionaires) over in the Us where he'll now be living. He'll be one of many they target

he'll make a ton more on podcasts, his youtube and other stocks he tips (self fulfilling prophecies then cos everybody will pile in because he tips them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Any thoughts on Ford after the deal to put google in their cars?
    A positive for ford, but even with Google they are still the underdogs in the EV world. Google brings AI to the table but lacks any EV and is miles behind in radar, ultrasound, battery and Camera tech compared to Tesla, Nio and VW

Sooo... Edesa

Got C$14 funding by the Canadian government yesterday. Justin Trudeau announced backing (in French) of Edesa Biotech at a press conference. And a significant write up on the official PM website. https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2021/02/02/new-support-produce-covid-19-vaccines-and-treatments-canada

Key Edesa points below...

Up to $14 million to Edesa Biotech Inc. (Edesa), a biopharmaceutical company based in Markham, Ontario, to advance work on a monoclonal antibody therapy for acute respiratory distress syndrome, which is the leading cause of COVID-19 deaths. Edesa’s $18.7 million project has received Health Canada approval to conduct its phase 2 clinical trials, and has begun administering its treatment to clinical trial participants in Canada.

Edesa Biotech Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company founded by experts in the fields of inflammation and infectious diseases. It has a strong record in biologics, and has demonstrated success in its ongoing clinical development programs. Its project proposal was reviewed by the COVID-19 Therapeutics Task Force.
    Today’s investment will help Edesa advance its monoclonal antibody therapy (EB05). In addition to its potential to treat acute respiratory distress syndrome and mitigate inflammation complications in COVID-19, Edesa’s therapy has the potential to also treat other pathogens known to cause pandemics, such as influenza.

The share price spiked yesterday to only $8.15 before profit taking drove it down into the red for the day (crazy stock). But the news of the JT press conference and web page didn't become very public until after hours. Hence the rise, and current ask at $7.20 (current price $6). I think this is crazy undervalued considering what revenues remdesivir brings.

IF I sound like a one trick pony, I've been pretty much all in on and adding since July 2020. Yeah, I know, but what if... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Sooo... Edesa

Got C$14 funding by the Canadian government yesterday. Justin Trudeau announced backing (in French) of Edesa Biotech at a press conference. And a significant write up on the official PM website. https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2021/02/02/new-support-produce-covid-19-vaccines-and-treatments-canada

Key Edesa points below...

Up to $14 million to Edesa Biotech Inc. (Edesa), a biopharmaceutical company based in Markham, Ontario, to advance work on a monoclonal antibody therapy for acute respiratory distress syndrome, which is the leading cause of COVID-19 deaths. Edesa’s $18.7 million project has received Health Canada approval to conduct its phase 2 clinical trials, and has begun administering its treatment to clinical trial participants in Canada.

Edesa Biotech Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company founded by experts in the fields of inflammation and infectious diseases. It has a strong record in biologics, and has demonstrated success in its ongoing clinical development programs. Its project proposal was reviewed by the COVID-19 Therapeutics Task Force.
    Today’s investment will help Edesa advance its monoclonal antibody therapy (EB05). In addition to its potential to treat acute respiratory distress syndrome and mitigate inflammation complications in COVID-19, Edesa’s therapy has the potential to also treat other pathogens known to cause pandemics, such as influenza.

The share price spiked yesterday to only $8.15 before profit taking drove it down into the red for the day (crazy stock). But the news of the JT press conference and web page didn't become very public until after hours. Hence the rise, and current ask at $7.20 (current price $6). I think this is crazy undervalued considering what revenues remdesivir brings.

IF I sound like a one trick pony, I've been pretty much all in on and adding since July 2020. Yeah, I know, but what if... :D

If it hit's $5 again I'll definitely throw a few quid at it. Added to my watch list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Good start to the day...

4d pharma finally starting to rise in anticipation of NASDAQ listing.
    UWMC up 7% pre-market before their earnings report at end of market today

Both have been in the red for me for a while now!

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    If it hit's $5 again I'll definitely throw a few quid at it. Added to my watch list.

Hopefully next hits $5 after the stock split :D Otherwise if you hear the sobs of a grown man, that'll be me :pac:

CAstudent wrote: »
    Does CCX give you any cause for concern? I hope you're right though as have CCIV myself!

How do you mean concern? CCX just does not have an attractive target in Skillsoft. While most people who have worked in a corporation have probably done a Skillsoft course, it's low value courses and was very basic. It's probably been 10 years since I've used the software though, they could have dramatically improved. They also have a strong customer base so are already in the door with many companies. Hard to predict. I think if you are buying that you really have to be in it for the long term, in which case it's hard to know if it's better to just wait till after the merger. CCIV is a different animal and it's either deal and big or no deal and collapse. I rate deal significantly higher myself, but you never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

4D starts on a high note, but it peters out as the day progress...that's been the norm last few weeks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

How about Zoom? Has it reach peak during the Covid situation or is it just the beginning?

Hopefully next hits $5 after the stock split :D Otherwise if you hear the sobs of a grown man, that'll be me :pac:

Hearing sob's is the perfect time to buy most things as long as it has the potential to recover ;) good for everyone.

Keep us in the loop on major price decreases anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Holding 1000 shares myself for the same time-frame, being all in on Edesa must be tough given the lack of much anticipated news. Can't see $14M of funding moving the needle much.

AmberGold wrote: »
    Holding 1000 shares myself for the same time-frame, being all in on Edesa must be tough given the lack of much anticipated news. Can't see $14M of funding moving the needle much.

More so the criteria behind it, evidence based independent testing that gave the funding the green light. The phase two trials cost $18, so the Canadian government gave as much as they probably could without actually funding all of it, which they possibly can't/wont do.

So, it's not the actual funding but, that it was given at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Is this thread back to normal now? Are the reddit posters gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭in2dark

Certainly hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CAstudent

cronos wrote: »
    How do you mean concern? CCX just does not have an attractive target in Skillsoft. While most people who have worked in a corporation have probably done a Skillsoft course, it's low value courses and was very basic. It's probably been 10 years since I've used the software though, they could have dramatically improved. They also have a strong customer base so are already in the door with many companies. Hard to predict. I think if you are buying that you really have to be in it for the long term, in which case it's hard to know if it's better to just wait till after the merger. CCIV is a different animal and it's either deal and big or no deal and collapse. I rate deal significantly higher myself, but you never know...

Maybe I misread something but what I was looking at seemed to imply there was some sketchiness around taking Skillsoft public with past bankruptcies etc - fingers crossed for something firm from CCIV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

YFlyer wrote: »
    How about Zoom? Has it reach peak during the Covid situation or is it just the beginning?

I think as companies become more and more streamlined with their remote working systems, Zoom will decrease in usage. When systems with a much wider range of uses like Teams, Slack or Google are available I don't see it making sense to retain use of a single purpose one like Zoom. Except when it's small businesses or individuals looking for simple solutions but how often do they have paid accounts.

To add to that, 12 months into COVID they still haven't significantly improved their security, I can't see Zoom retaining/growing users long-term

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Hands down Zoom has been the best online video call I've ever used in terms of quality, audio, no lag etc.

But anyone I know who's running Office platform has now rejected Zoom and taken Teams back under their wing. All the schools have firmly divided into either the Google or Microsoft camp. I presume other business will go towards that integration as well.

So I don't see Zoom going anywhere, unless they were bought out by apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Zoom is still king I think but I think Teams will chip away at it over time. As someone else mentioned, if an organization has the multi-functional Teams, why keep Zoom too in the long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

What about cciv ? I'm looking on at it rising every day lately will the lucid merger go ahead is the big question.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Similar to other comments, I don't know where any further growth is going to come from. With Slack, Teams and Google Meet (which our company use) available I don't see why companies would use a another video conferencing system. To me when Covid hit first everyone was jumping on zoom if anything I think they will start to decline.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Still here, still holding. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭jams100

Personnally, I wouldn't touch zoom with a barge poll investment wise.
    113 billion market cap, for what is just a video conferencing platform!

Microsoft teams are just going to crush any growth in zoom's enterprise customers and Google meets/Skype/facebook/instagram (remember Skype :) ) will for the most part take the average Joe who's working at home but talking to friends.

What zoom do and the way they do it is great but its at most a 25-30 billion market cap to me. Just insanely overvalued. The only thing that might change my opinion on that is if they diversified into another area

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

SmokyMo wrote: »
    It did happen.

Do you think it was the army of redditors sweeping up offers from order books in the millions every day pushing up the market?

RH plus other free brokers sell their order flow, Citadel is main buyer. You think they gonna outsmart Citadel?
    HFTs, WSB algos whatever entity you can think of front running your orders. Dark pools. They can see the market moving before it even registers on a ticker.

Big dogs can pull the rug from you at any moment. You not gonna WSB at their own game.

Best thing was to hop on and hop off when you start to get greedy..

High-speed traders reap windfall from retail investor boom
    https://www.ft.com/content/e4f9100e-7ef6-4807-89f9-4015db1750fd

Smugness may return by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭This is it

#notleaving

I can understand why people are annoyed at the influx disrupting their thread, the obvious thing to happen was for the mods to split it off into a new thread. That didn't happen, rather another thread was started to talk about stock-picks excluding reddit ones. It's not fair to be sniping at people for posting in this thread, the organization of this was rather bad, and that's not anyone's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

This is it wrote: »
    #notleaving

#DiamondHands

HOLD

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

awec wrote: »
    Still here, still holding. :)

To the moon apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

I can understand why people are annoyed at the influx disrupting their thread, the obvious thing to happen was for the mods to split it off into a new thread. That didn't happen, rather another thread was started to talk about stock-picks excluding reddit ones. It's not fair to be sniping at people for posting in this thread, the organization of this was rather bad, and that's not anyone's fault.

Boards.ie should pay a dozen software engineers to build this platform for the modern times. classic asp to the moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭roosterman71

cc87 wrote: »
    Good start to the day...

4d pharma finally starting to rise in anticipation of NASDAQ listing.
    UWMC up 7% pre-market before their earnings report at end of market today

Both have been in the red for me for a while now!

When is the 4D listing?

Advertisement