Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

When is the 4D listing?

Q1 is all we have been told so far, I think we are likely to get a date this or next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Is this thread back to normal now? Are the reddit posters gone?

Was boring then reddit talk livened it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭subpar

Diageo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Still have shares in AMC bought at 13.80

It would be nice to recover my losses on these but im new to all this.

I watched some of DFV (the original reddit guy) videos and I have to say I am delighted for him that he has done so well (he has cashed out 13 million). Unlike so many of the YouTube investment folk he seems very genuine and a nice guy.

This is his profile: https://www.youtube.com/c/RoaringKitty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭cal naughton

sirboby wrote: »
    Q1 is all we have been told so far, I think we are likely to get a date this or next week.

I seen speculation that the spac LOAC is due to vote on the merger on the 25/2

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Renault 5 wrote: »

it could go back to 13.80 - but driven by hype only. id work out a exit price ..lookin at premarket its up a little but will be interesting to see has the pump moved on. again looking at some reddit posts some people(if u believe) them have serious exposure to that stock - crazy.

Was probably a bad one to experiment with.

Reddit could jump on it again...wouldn't bet on it. The company also did well on it getting rid of substantial debt. The estimated value stripped of hype is approx $5.50... ballpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

That wall street bets is turning into a bit of a comedy now on gamestop

neris wrote: »

i was just lookin on the twitter there for GME people still posting buy the dip...:confused::eek:

• Advertisement

MikeSoys wrote: »
    it could go back to 13.80 - but driven by hype only. id work out a exit price ..lookin at premarket its up a little but will be interesting to see has the pump moved on. again looking at some reddit posts some people(if u believe) them have serious exposure to that stock - crazy.
    Was probably a bad one to experiment with.

Reddit could jump on it again...wouldn't bet on it. The company also did well on it getting rid of substantial debt. The estimated value stripped of hype is approx $5.50... ballpark.

Ive only 100 euros in it as to help me understand how it all works :)

I actually want to use some of my saving to put into long term shares but am waiting on a beginners guide advice from experienced people here

Im using Degiro as my platform.

I actually want to use some of my saving to put into long term shares but am waiting on a beginners guide advice from experienced people here

€100 ah sure thats walking around money,:)

Based on what I've seen in this thread, I wouldn't count on this place for friendly advice.

There are non crazy investment subs on Reddit, however, like r/stocks or r/investing.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭supersonic21

fair play, that's the best thing to do when you start investing.

I remember when I got into it I made a few trades of around €300 each — bought at the peak not knowing what was going on, didn't know when to sell a stock, didn't understand how common and meaningless fluctuations are when you have a long term approach etc...

so now any time someone mentions they want to start I recommend splitting a couple hundred into €50 euro pieces and investing them for a little bit before you start putting the savings in. You can read all about markets but actually getting familiar and comfortable with investing your own hard earned cash comes with experience

to learn about markets, download Learn by MyWallSt app — an Irish company focusing on the US market. i recommend it to everyone

MikeSoys wrote: »
    €100 ah sure thats walking around money,:)

wanted to start somewhere to get an understanding of potential gains and losses on shares.

Im not the guy who created their first account and put 5K on GME are $320.

I just wanted to see the basics before I commit to long term investing.

Im a noob:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

Based on what I've seen in this thread, I wouldn't count on this place for friendly advice.

There are non crazy investment subs on Reddit, however, like r/stocks or r/investing.

in fairness the reddit sub is r/wallstreetbets

daheff wrote: »
    in fairness the reddit sub is r/wallstreetbets

I know that.

You're in the same boat as me. I'll be putting stuff in this thread that I find useful

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058156319

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

I seen speculation that the spac LOAC is due to vote on the merger on the 25/2

I did see a comment from 4d recently saying the vote would be "in the coming weeks" but nothing specific

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

hopefully the resignation of Bezos wont knock too much off Amazon , incredible quarter reported last night

my biggest holding which i dont trade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭supersonic21

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    hopefully the resignation of Bezos wont knock too much off Amazon , incredible quarter reported last night

hope it knocks a fair bit off so I can get in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Magno_DT

Total number of posts during the month of January:

Share Picks 2018: 94
    Share Picks 2019: 103
    Share Picks 2020: 183
    Share Picks 2021: 2,811

Perhaps a sign of an interesting year ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

cc87 wrote: »
    I did see a comment from 4d recently saying the vote would be "in the coming weeks" but nothing specific

Do you think there is much chance of LOAC rejecting the vote? or is it more of a formality at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

jams100 wrote: »

What zoom do and the way they do it is great but its at most a 25-30 billion market cap to me. Just insanely overvalued. The only thing that might change my opinion on that is if they diversified into another area

Can I ask you how you come to that figure?

You're in the same boat as me. I'll be putting stuff in this thread that I find useful

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058156319

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

sirboby wrote: »
    Do you think there is much chance of LOAC rejecting the vote? or is it more of a formality at this point?

Unlikely I think, generally it's been more of a formality.

About 50% of the shares in LOAC are held by funds as well I think, wouldn't make sense for them to reject it en mass.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A positive for ford, but even with Google they are still the underdogs in the EV world. Google brings AI to the table but lacks any EV and is miles behind in radar, ultrasound, battery and Camera tech compared to Tesla, Nio and VW

The deal doesn't even have anything to do with that sort of stuff. They're just going to be using Android in their car's entertainment systems. It's not really a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Mad_maxx wrote: »

doesnt look like his announcement is having a major impact in pre trading

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

neris wrote: »

That's all it ever was. WSB's was a parody account with memes laughing at Nikola, Luckin and whatever the comedy stock of the week was. It was never intended as proper investing advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Timing belt

We have all heard the reports that Natwest may close down Ulster bank... If it does it will free up circa 15bn Capital which will enable Natwest to redistribute the proceeds to shareholders or to invest in upgrading it's online offering. With results being announced on the 19th of feb there is a good chance that Natwest will make an announcement in regards to ulster which may bump its share price.... Might be worth a punt for a 5-10% return.

Advertisement