Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Anyone know where I can get a wireless headset? Smyths, GameStop,Cex, Argos and Turtle beach website itself sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a wireless headset? Smyths, GameStop,Cex, Argos and Turtle beach website itself sold out.

What model are you looking for? If you want to use the same headset on multiple consoles I would advise getting a set of Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox or Arctis 7x.

Can't find the 1 in stock anywhere atm, they're usually €119.99.

The 7x is back in stock on the Steelseries website for €179.99, you can easily find 12% off codes online to drop it to €160.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7x

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have been using the bundled controller with my series X and find it a brilliant controller. Far better than the Xbox One controller. If it had the two back buttons the Elites have it would be my favourite controller.(all I need is two back and not 4 as I only use two). The grip material made of plastic is really good and I hate the rubber of the elites.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

If you like indie type games, Game Pass is something else isn't it. Not sure if it's the price the games sell at or something xbox is deliberately going for but it makes it impossible for me to spend money on titles that I'd have on my wishlist on the Switch - Streets of Rage 4, Neon Abyss, Cyber Shadow etc. I basically take it for granted that these types of games will be day one Game Pass now tbh

It's usually a secondary press while going for left menu button with right thumb and vice versa, before there was nothing there now theres a button that gets caught in the cross fire sometimes and takes an unwanted screenshot.

Oh right I see the problem. I always use left thumb for left menu and right thumb for the right menu button. You never miss then.

Yea I can see how using right thumb going across could by mistake hit the new button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I finished The Medium there. Meh, fairly shíte. You'd want your head checked to pay €50 for that, although I doubt more than about 10 people worldwide did.

I finished The Medium there. Meh, fairly shíte. You'd want your head checked to pay €50 for that, although I doubt more than about 10 people worldwide did.
    Yeah I finished it too. Its a solid AA 7/10, I enjoyed it enough to finish it in a couple of days. And hey game pass, you can't really complain!

Gotta say, it has a fantastic flow to it, using the next gen nvme drive there was barely any noticeable loading points.

The Devs have made their money back on it already: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-31-the-mediums-been-out-for-less-than-a-week-and-bloober-team-has-already-recouped-the-dev-costs

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone have issues with the controllers just suddenly disconnecting on the series S? The young lads ones ( the new one that came with it and one from a one S) have done this 3 or 4 times since christmas. Middle of a game itll just disconnect and the Xbox light will just keep flashing (slower flash like when you turn it on not the fast pairing flash) and the only solution seems to be to power off and on the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone have issues with the controllers just suddenly disconnecting on the series S? The young lads ones ( the new one that came with it and one from a one S) have done this 3 or 4 times since christmas. Middle of a game itll just disconnect and the Xbox light will just keep flashing (slower flash like when you turn it on not the fast pairing flash) and the only solution seems to be to power off and on the console.

Have you tried updating the controller firmware? You can do it in settings

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Have you tried updating the controller firmware? You can do it in settings

I must check it tomorrow. I know they did update at christmas alright.

Just found it odd that it was happening with different controllers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Just got my series x today , have not owned an Xbox since the 360.

So have a few gears games to catch up on , did the trick with gamepass and ended up getting 30 months off it so that could hopefully curb my spending on third party games on the ps5.

Love the quick resume it's so snappy and jumping straight back in after turning off.

It's great can't wait to dive into gears 4 and have a good go of it.

Played a bit of sunset overdrive and loved it.

Played a bit of sunset overdrive and loved it.

That game really comes together once you learn the forward dash. You will be bouncing, dashing and grinding around the map with ease.

That game really comes together once you learn the forward dash. You will be bouncing, dashing and grinding around the map with ease.

I ended up having to delete the save file I had already as I got a game breaking bug when you are shown how to equip amps it didn't go into the menu.

Only had 40 mins but annoying

I ended up having to delete the save file I had already as I got a game breaking bug when you are shown how to equip amps it didn't go into the menu.

Only had 40 mins but annoying

Really. It was fine for me but I played it years ago on the first Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Just noticed Rocket League has a S|X update now. Couldn't notice much difference 8)

the corpo wrote: »
    Just noticed Rocket League has a S|X update now. Couldn't notice much difference 8)

Think the only real difference is 4k120 support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi Guys, just a quick question on the Series X, I've noticed the fan is going constantly when turned off (can barely hear it unless right next to it). is that normal as its in the quick startup mode?

Hi Guys, just a quick question on the Series X, I've noticed the fan is going constantly when turned off (can barely hear it unless right next to it). is that normal as its in the quick startup mode?

Yes. As it is in quick start mode the usb ports are supplying power and the network connection is still active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Are Xbox controllers ordered via Microsoft "ie"/euro site still getting hit with Brexit charges ?

Really. It was fine for me but I played it years ago on the first Xbox One.

Just figured this out tried reinstalling but with xbox live cloud saves was stuck at same point, noticed in the pause money Y made me restart the mission and was all dandy then.

Also as an aside how much clearance does your series x have? mine is on its own in a backless and frontless Tv unit but there is a roof above it there is a few inches above the exhaust fan but feeling above it its quite warm even the wood its hitting off.

Would I be better off in the open?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just figured this out tried reinstalling but with xbox live cloud saves was stuck at same point, noticed in the pause money Y made me restart the mission and was all dandy then.

Also as an aside how much clearance does your series x have? mine is on its own in a backless and frontless Tv unit but there is a roof above it there is a few inches above the exhaust fan but feeling above it its quite warm even the wood its hitting off.

Would I be better off in the open?

MS says 1.5 inches are needed, so you're fine. Besides, if it does overheat, it'll shut down long before it gets to the point where damage might be done, and then you'll know to move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Does anyone know where I can actually sell an xbox series x? Adverts and done deal wont allow, trying for face value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Conar

Does anyone know where I can actually sell an xbox series x? Adverts and done deal wont allow, trying for face value

Just sell it to CEX. They're offering 525 for it boxed, and 513 unboxed.
    It'd be mad to deal with dopes calling to your house in a pandemic when CEX are offering so much.

i know but they are not opened and I dont want to be sending it to them.

Conar wrote: »
    Just sell it to CEX. They're offering 525 for it boxed, and 513 unboxed.
    It'd be mad to deal with dopes calling to your house in a pandemic when CEX are offering so much.

Wise advice ! And funny too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭xtal191

i know but they are not opened and I dont want to be sending it to them.

Drop and go service not still working?

No, they send out a box or something. I dont fancy sending it anywhere with an post at the moment. I would rather meet up with someone etc

I did drop and go with them a couple of times and was perfect. But yeah, via an Post ... unless you register it as well ... it's only travelling in Ireland. Plus you are getting 525 for a 500 quid product. Maybe give the post office a ring. To be honest I've never had a problem with an Post deliveries. Now ... I've got and put my foot in it :):)

Drop and go not operating at the mo. Era i am not stuck for 25 quid for I will either wait til stores reopen or sell privately, need to find a way to sneak it onto donedeal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

No, they send out a box or something. I dont fancy sending it anywhere with an post at the moment. I would rather meet up with someone etc

I sold one, cost price, two weeks ago - buyer paid for An Post delivery, I printed off label and dropped it into a branch. Buyer received it the next day, no problems.

Advertisement