Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Received an email, looks to be a generic one saying that they will deliver my phone by 12/02/21. They are offering me a €50 voucher that can be redeemed on the Samsung website. If I wait, would I still qualify for the buds pro a smart tag does anyone know?

Were they in your original purchase? As in on my invoice they are listed. If so you're grand. Anything worth 50 quid on the site? Might kick up about mine missing today too if so.

Edit: oh, I got the same email with the 50 quid. I guess they were expecting a shipment and it failed to get here on time.

feargantae wrote: »
    To anyone who's trading in their old phone. When do we send it off? The email mentioned a prepaid parcel coming in the post to send it off in but no sign of it yet. A bit worried cos it says its to be done within a week.

Just wondering from people with past experience upgrading to the s20 etc

It comes self addressed. You will have it Monday I'd say. I wouldn't worry. If you tell em it never arrived they'll sent another.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

After receiving an email and a text message from Nightline last evening saying they will make delivery today they never did. According to the tracking number it was inbound to my local depot during the night. It still says it. It hasn't been updated. Some say they received a text message notifying them of a 2 hour delivery time slot. I didn't receive this either. Has anyone had a similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Reati wrote: »
    Were they in your original purchase? As in on my invoice they are listed. If so you're grand. Anything worth 50 quid on the site? Might kick up about mine missing today too if so.

Edit: oh, I got the same email with the 50 quid. I guess they were expecting a shipment and it failed to get here on time.

Yeah they are on the invoice for the original purchase. Hope they honour it. Didn't look to see if there is anything worth 50 quid.

Yeah they are on the invoice for the original purchase. Hope they honour it. Didn't look to see if there is anything worth 50 quid.

They will. It's what you ordered. Anyway, I grabbed a s-pen. Will never use it I bet but there wasn't anything else. I already have a case on the way. Coupon didn't take off the vat though! Still had to pay that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Received an email, looks to be a generic one saying that they will deliver my phone by 12/02/21. They are offering me a €50 voucher that can be redeemed on the Samsung website. If I wait, would I still qualify for the buds pro a smart tag does anyone know?

I got an email about a delay but no mention of a voucher or code was it in the same mail received?

5500 wrote: »
    I got an email about a delay but no mention of a voucher or code was it in the same mail received?

Was it from Samsung Support Ireland?

5500 wrote: »

Yeah one email for delay and code. Was your delivery date meant for yesterday?

I know they changed the delivery date online during preorders so if you were in the second wave they might not be offering up the voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭monster1

My s21 ultra arrived yesterday. First new phone since the p20 Pro, the p20 is still perfect. Fancied a change. Finding It hard to adjust to the keyboard, lots of misspelled words. What would be the best keyboard to use with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

monster1 wrote: »
    My s21 ultra arrived yesterday. First new phone since the p20 Pro, the p20 is still perfect. Fancied a change. Finding It hard to adjust to the keyboard, lots of misspelled words. What would be the best keyboard to use with this?

Gboard. Easily the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

Hey, I got an S21 5g yesterday, its looks like there is a pre installed screen protector on it? Does anyone know of they are supposed to come with one or is it just the design of the screen?

SwiftKey myself. Can adjust pretty much everything you need to get it to your needs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

im a long term user of swiftkey i fiont it mich better than the rest

Mine too arrived yesterday a smashing phpone, as usual i changed the launcher to Nova whIch ive been using a number of years.

on the Samsung members app i cant see where to claaim for the buds pro and tag anyone know whats happening here?

im a long term user of swiftkey i fiont it mich better than the rest

Me too but there is massive irony in your post with all the typos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Mine too arrived yesterday a smashing phpone, as usual i changed the launcher to Nova whIch ive been using a number of years.

on the Samsung members app i cant see where to claaim for the buds pro and tag anyone know whats happening here?

You have to use their website to redeem, I submitted my claim on Thursday and got it confirmed yesterday, just have to wait 45 days for them to arrive.

https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/janpreorder-phone/en-IE/

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭argentum

Kenevil wrote: »
    Hey, I got an S21 5g yesterday, its looks like there is a pre installed screen protector on it? Does anyone know of they are supposed to come with one or is it just the design of the screen?

Its pre installed...i have one on my S10 also

• Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How do you redeem the free YouTube premium subscription

allen175 wrote: »
    You have to use their website to redeem, I submitted my claim on Thursday and got it confirmed yesterday, just have to wait 45 days for them to arrive.

https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/janpreorder-phone/en-IE/

I seen this already but in the retailers list it doesn't seem to include sansung and I purchased this directly from Samsung or am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I seen this already but in the retailers list it doesn't seem to include sansung and I purchased this directly from Samsung or am I missing something here?

I thought if you bought directly from Samsung, you received the buds and tag with delivery of your phone?

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I thought if you bought directly from Samsung, you received the buds and tag with delivery of your phone?

You are meant too. They should have been on your order and invoice. If not you'd want to contact them.

Reati wrote: »
    You are meant too. They should have been on your order and invoice. If not you'd want to contact them.

I think others have had them delivered with their order. You are correct.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Jaysus I need to check the box again so lol

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Jaysus I need to check the box again so lol
    I received the free buds pro and tag with my phone. If you ordered directly with samsung they are automatically added to your basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How do you redeem the free YouTube premium subscription
    came up for me as a popup on the phone while opening youtube. 4 months free.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

phill106 wrote: »
    came up for me as a popup on the phone while opening youtube. 4 months free.
    As I had a free trial in the past I had to create a new Google account to get the 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Playing with the "object remover" in gallery is quite fun, you have to turn it on in labs, in the triple dot at top of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

phill106 wrote: »
    Playing with the "object remover" in gallery is quite fun, you have to turn it on in labs, in the triple dot at top of the screen.

Been useless for me in my limited testing of the object remover. I'm used to using a similar took on snapseed called "healing"... So far, I'll be sticking with snapseed

Asked to cancel my order. It was done without question. I'd say they were happy to have one less in the queue. I'll wait until the price drops.

• Advertisement

Asked to cancel my order. It was done without question. I'd say they were happy to have one less in the queue. I'll wait until the price drops.

I'm gonna hang on. Ironically, they shipped my free S-Pen today. So I have a S-Pen yet I'll be without the phone to use it on :D

Advertisement