Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should present the Late Late Show?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Covid death notices to start off tonights entertainment show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Rip.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

saabsaab wrote: »
    Tubs brings to the LLS his own brand of happiness and is a little ray of light in these times.

He's a boring cnut whose brand of happiness would be considered by other people to be a brand of misery.
    He is a streak of pish in these times polluting the airways with verbal slurry.

The LLS is at the end of its life - a bit like those daffodils behind Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

It's a doom and gloom program nowadays. George Lee would be the ideal presenter for such a show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Covid death notices to start off tonights entertainment show.

The misery

• Advertisement

It should have died a dignified death when Gaybo stood down.

It's a doom and gloom program nowadays. George Lee would be the ideal presenter for such a show.

Or Fergal Scours

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Tommy Tiernan to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Barring illness or accidental death, I can see a wizened old matchstick with snow white hair called Ryan Tubridy getting a big retirement send off on the late late show sometime in the early 2040's.

What a fúcking penance on a nation that is.
    I'd say Tubs plans to take at least another 15 or 20 million euro off RTE/The Plain People of Ireland, before he finally retires.
    He will probably pass away during the show, not that anyone will notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Gammyeye

David McCullagh could be a good shout. Take it back to the Late Late of old, he could handle the current affairs and seems to be able to have a laugh too. Just PLEASE get rid of Tubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

It should have been retired after gaybo left. Only ever saw it in the days of one station so absolutely no choice.
    Now there's no way you could pay/coerce me to watch rte.
    Turbridy is overpaid, talentless and boring on radio so can only imagine how truly awful he must be on tv.
    Reading through the list of guests post each week sounds depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Daniel O'Donnell. Better craic than Tubs, more down to earth and better at talking to people off the cuff. He would have to sign a contract promising never to sing on air though.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Podge and Rodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

I think Anton Savage would be a great left field call for The Late Late Show.
    Intelligent and funny guy, not afraid to push the boundaries of the powers that be.
    Tommy Tiernan is a great presenter in his current format, the late late show format would not suit him.

More misery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Someone who's not licking the arse off the Democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Forge83 wrote: »
    I think Anton Savage would be a great left field call for The Late Late Show.
    Intelligent and funny guy, not afraid to push the boundaries of the powers that be.
    Tommy Tiernan is a great presenter in his current format, the late late show format would not suit him.

Let's go the whole hog and get Graham Dwyer ,

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

Cerveza wrote: »
    The misery

The late late misery show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭lalababa

Yeah but no but yeah but yeah but no I'd like to see a whole new production team 'coz Chantelle Wheelan the flats says it's all about the production team and her ma right used to sell tights door to door and everyone says she's a bit of class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Jim Corr should be given a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Akesh wrote: »
    Jim Corr should be given a shot.

Yes of course, but this thread is about the next host of TLLS.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Donald Trump. Sure isn`t he looking for a new gig now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Rowan Croft (Grand Torino)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Some dire suggestions in here - can you all think of someone born in living memory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Having seen the movie Weekend at Bernie's, I think there's a lot to be said for exhuming Gay Byrne and getting his corpse to host it for another thirty years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

really depends what they want to go for.

if someone thoughtful and intelligent, claire byrne hands down.

if another idiot, **** knows.

ETA: tommy tiernan would be very good as well

• Registered Users Posts: 25,015 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tubridy falters big time when the show, he and guests are engaged in more serious segments.... he’s alright at the lighter side of entertainment... not brilliant but ok...Claire Byrne ? I wonder would she be too much the opposite ... very competent and engaging as regards the more current affairs angle but if she’s sat interviewing Tommy Tiernan, or whoever from that entertainment world.... hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Strumms wrote: »
    Tubridy falters big time when the show, he and guests are engaged in more serious segments.... he’s alright at the lighter side of entertainment... not brilliant but ok...Claire Byrne ? I wonder would she be too much the opposite ... very competent and engaging as regards the more current affairs angle but if she’s sat interviewing Tommy Tiernan, or whoever from that entertainment world.... hmm

you're prob correct re claire byrne. too much of a journalist asking serious questions.

then tommy tiernan is the obvious choice. he is seamless going between comedy and serious in an interview. makes the guests feel comfortable and can have a conversation off the bat with anyone, which is the main thing really (no cards with pre written questions).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Bosco would be better than Tubridy, but he would tell us we are begrudgers.
    Depressing Friday nights and Monday mornings.
    Tommy Tiernan might be a very good option, he would get me back watching it anyway, but tbh, so would anyone with any sort of character. Tubridy has nothing to offer imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,015 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Suckit wrote: »
    Bosco would be better than Tubridy, but he would tell us we are begrudgers.
    Depressing Friday nights and Monday mornings.
    Tommy Tiernan might be a very good option, he would get me back watching it anyway, but tbh, so would anyone with any sort of character. Tubridy has nothing to offer imo.

The only thing would Tiernan want to commit... would it be worth his while, financially? Tubridy before the pandemic from memory was on about 450,000 a year, nuts I know... if Tiernan only did TV, I’d say RtE might try bag him for about 130,000, that’s no radio... maybe 6 hours work a week vs 20 plus that Tubridy would be doing between both now.

Advertisement