Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Magno_DT

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Reddit crowd only got involved because the Hedge funds were so exposed.
    dan786 wrote: »
    The stock was shorted. That was the whole point of this. The hedge funds shorted it and were losing billions as they had to cover it. The higher the price went the most hedge funds lost.

Thanks, makes sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Any evidence that short positions have been closed? When they shorted, they probably did when price was around $10. Even at $200, they loose their shirt.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Etoro is back now as well

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Got paid out by the rocket ship twice today, bought the dip after cashing in, disappointed wsb didn't arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

German lad rambling on blomberg about 30 billion

he looks like Pauly walnuts from sopranos but without de wing nuts

This is going to sky rocket once Robinhood is back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Market closing soon. Should we but if it hits 200. See how we go overnight?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,523 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Etoro is back now as well

Price not heading in the right direction though!

awec wrote: »
    Price not heading in the right direction though!

It will.

Elon tweeted again, twice is 10 mins about this

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1354891972406865922

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Everyone expecting AMC and GME to rocket 🚀 once RH is back up and running on these stocks again, however, I think the the buzz of it has passed for newbie traders or people hoping to jump on the bandwagon as they probably feel the time has passed. Imo. Hope I’m wrong.

a bit of light relief

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This is going to sky rocket once Robinhood is back

I wonder if the Robinhood crowd will be disgusted at Robinhood tho, will they buy shares from a comapny that ****ed them over? Might take them a few days to setup accounts with new brokers

• Administrators Posts: 53,523 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

GME down to 205 now, people selling up before closing?

Edit: 200

Edit again: 197 at close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Got in at 202

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Managed to buy there at 197 right at the end. Here's hoping.

Germans are going to pump in the money tomorrow morning. They will be cashing in. Its upto 226$ after hours already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭riddles

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Webull is very safe. If I was in the states I'd use that over Robinhood
    It can't be used from Ireland. What do you rate as the best platform

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The stock was shorted. That was the whole point of this. The hedge funds shorted it and were losing billions as they had to cover it. The higher the price went the most hedge funds lost.

Could they not ride it out ? Or is there a time limit on how king before they must buy it a trigger at what they buy at?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Magno_DT wrote: »
    Sorry DutchYurt for posting this in last year's thread (Real facepalm moment on my side)- Ironically enough, I was just in there to see if anyone was still stupidly posting!

Can anyone explain to this mortal what problem the hedge fund companies have with what happened to GME? I mean so a Reddit forum pumps a stock price into oblivion. Why didn't they just stay away from the stock and continue with their daily business?

Haha all good, figured you'd get more traction here ;)

ted1 wrote: »
    Could they not ride it out ? Or is there a time limit on how king before they must buy it a trigger at what they buy at?

Germans bought it at 350$ this morning and bought the price upto to $500 premarket so doubt they will be selling in the morning. They will be buying more to lower their average cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Feel sorry for the eejits that gambled at the high prices but feel zero pity for the fellas willing top buy gme now at 200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

The after Hours trading price of the stock. So GME closed at 197 but up to 220 or so now.....does that mean if nothing changes between now and opening bell tomorrow the stock will open at 220 or is it entirely separate but gives an indication as to how the market will go on opening?

MuddyDog wrote: »
    The after Hours trading price of the stock. So GME closed at 197 but up to 220 or so now.....does that mean if nothing changes between now and opening bell tomorrow the stock will open at 220 or is it entirely separate but gives an indication as to how the market will go on opening?

Yes the price continues from After Hours to Premarket to open...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

MuddyDog wrote: »

More of an indication but not always a good one.

Volume falls massively for pre market and after market trading, it's also not as affected by factors such as the overall market measures i.e. S&P500 (which opens at 14:30 our time) so on open things can change drastically

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

What people are saying isn't correct. What started the redditor investing in gamestop was he felt it was undervalued. The short squeeze idea came later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Yes the price continues from After Hours to Premarket to open...

This isn't true again, a stocks gain in a day is measured from 9.30 - 4pm (EST).

Stock can be up 5% in pre market and open -5%.

Advertisement