Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Stalling now, afraid of that 300!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Ok the dust has far from settled yet ha, but where to for the stockmarket now? Also welcome all you new traders. I'm gonna go out on a whim and predict we'll get a nice bounce back and pump across the market as all these new investors all bring even more capital into the stockmarket lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The big gains have been after hours and premarket last few days. Will hold mine till tomorrow. At 3k loss at the moment.

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What's the chances of the buy ban being lifted?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

I knew this had gone too far when an Arsenal page I follow on Twitter was tweeting about GME, the 2021 equivalent of your taxi driver giving you stock tips.

Now WSB lingo has made its way into this thread and the markets are starting to behave like crypto markets. This'll all end in tears, and soon.

It has that crypto feel about it - so much distraction, quick buck to be made, the trading being completely new territory for people, huge pressure on brokerages / platforms with existing or to set up a flurry of new accounts, massive internet coverage etc.

Hopefully we come out of it with our pants still on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jams100

Wasn't this the danger with these zero commission brokers like Robinhood?

They weren't making any money off retail investors so they had to be making their money off someone (hedgefunds/corporate investors).

Hence they shaft the retail investor.
    Degiro who do apply charges (although small) haven't stopped people buying any shares.

You dont get anything for free. Am I missing anything here?

etoro have also banned buying in last 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Got back into GME at 250$ stop loss placed at 220$.Already up 400% on the stock. Maybe I'm getting greedy but let's see what happens 290$ exit point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

jams100 wrote: »

They weren't making any money off retail investors so they had to be making their money off someone (hedgefunds/corporate investors).

Degiro who do apply charges (although small) haven't stopped people buying any shares.

They sell trading feeds to high-frequency traders... I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fazorb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Fazorb

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

jams100 wrote: »

When the service is free, you're the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

I'm tempted to go in on GME now and just hold, I don't see the shorts getting covered by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

I'd hope this is the pre moon rocket dip that VW experienced in 2008. I sold at $400 and bought some back in at $130 because I don't think it's over yet. At $400 I suspected it would hold there and I was happy getting out but seeing that bounce. Once the retail traders get back from RH they'll be dumping everything they have into this to burn whatever shorts these guys have left

Clearly not financial advice and I'm just a dumbass on a forum speculating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

circadian wrote: »
    I'd hope this is the pre moon rocket dip that VW experienced in 2008. I sold at $400 and bought some back in at $130 because I don't think it's over yet. At $400 I suspected it would hold there and I was happy getting out but seeing that bounce. Once the retail traders get back from RH they'll be dumping everything they have into this to burn whatever shorts these guys have left

Do you mean 230 a share? Surely it never went to 130?

buyer95 wrote: »
    Do you mean 230 a share? Surely it never went to 130?

GME? Hit 126 earlier today I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

circadian wrote: »

Aren't we all. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

awec wrote: »
    GME? Hit 126 earlier today I think.

119.99 I believe today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 CAstudent

Anyone sticking with Nakd - trying to decide how much of a bag I'm willing to hold...

VinLieger wrote: »

I'd love to have the chance to disappoint that woman. She's unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Blackberry will hopefully explode soon US citizens blocked from buying positions isn't helping but its looking okay hopefully a big rally by EOD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

$130 is a great price to get GME at.

My 2c, I really did think that the meteoric rise would fizzle out as people started to take their profits in the $300-400 range, but the numerous trade halts over the past two days coupled with broker bans have landed us in uncharted waters. What started as a vendetta against two funds has blown up into a full out assault on wall street and the stock market - it is blatant manipulation to screw regular Joe except unlike 2008 people now have a rallying point (wsb/twitter/stocktwits) and numerous platforms through which to organise and execute.

In the long run, this is the final nail in the coffin for the US dollar as far as I'm concerned. I will start to transition my holdings out over the next 6 months and take majority positions in Bitcoin and Ethereum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ok the dust has far from settled yet ha, but where to for the stockmarket now? Also welcome all you new traders. I'm gonna go out on a whim and predict we'll get a nice bounce back and pump across the market as all these new investors all bring even more capital into the stockmarket lol.

I was wondering why everything is up today. That would explain it.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

So what's the current thinking? Hold until tomorrow, we may see a bit of a surge then?

I got in at 179, have a stop sell set for 160. Genuinely thinking of just cancelling the stop sell and riding it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭This is it

I know various other investments are being looked at by WSB, like BBBY, AMC, etc. but is it likely they'll hit this hard again against a single company? I know this was largely due to the high % short but surely GME isn't the only company shorted by more than 100%?

Is it likely they'll try smash someone else next week/month?

Loaded up on GME and more NAKD - this is ****ing stupid but oh well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Advertisement