Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭crushproof

Oh how I wish I stayed in the sidelines instead of being sucked in. Sucked into the hype of AMC, BB and NOK, bloodbath of a day.

I've nothing invested but this is fascinating to watch.

What a rollercoaster.

So much for the efficient markets hypothesis that I learned in college.

Its only efficient if wall street is making money, inefficient if retail is taking it off them. In that case it has to be stopped. CNBC have really shown themselves up in the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

crushproof wrote: »
    Oh how I wish I stayed in the sidelines instead of being sucked in. Sucked into the hype of AMC, BB and NOK, bloodbath of a day.

right there with you pal looking at a 2k loss on NAKD.. **** me should have stayed away

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Its only efficient if wall street is making money, inefficient if retail is taking it off them. In that case it has to be stopped. CNBC have really shown themselves up in the past week.

CNBC is just talking heads, they talk about mostly what their 'friends' in the business are chatting about. looks like very low valumns at the moment on AMC more trading platforms stopping trading i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I've missed a bit of the action today, but all I have to say is DIAMOND ****ING HANDS!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I exited at 1 min before close last night, was going to buy in.. got slapped with a good faith violation so no trading until tomorrow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Shooting up now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

MikeSoys wrote: »
    CNBC is just talking heads, they talk about mostly what their 'friends' in the business are chatting about. looks like very low valumns at the moment on AMC more trading platforms stopping trading i guess.

They pump whatever they've invested in. They're the tv equivilant of the motley fool

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

out of GME since yesterday but bought BBBY @ $45 , closed yesterday @ $52 , its @ $30 right now , also bought calls in BBBY which expire tomorrow , im down about $400 today in terms of fun trades but made about $1200 in the past week and not including the $1700 on my FB call last friday

on the conspiracy end of things , i bought a march expiry $9 PUT in AMC when the stock was @ $16 yesterday , despite it dropping to $7 and below today , the value of the put barely rose , i closed it out for a $20 gain as it cost me $465 yesterday , i realise its a march PUT but with a massive sell off , it should have risen by more than that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

NAKD is jumping again after a big dip!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Have been following the GME situation for the last couple of days. It's unbelievably entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Any one care to estimate the true value of GME ?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Yeah wheres this going today!? Id say a lot of sells are out

• Registered Users Posts: 45,356 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Very similar to some days with cypto. Entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

A young care to estimate the true value of GME ?

Working in tech I’d say $4...

Totally dependent on consoles not going direct to consumer imo.

I'd say around 10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Digital sales of games are the future. Their shops sell more merchandise than games now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

I knew this had gone too far when an Arsenal page I follow on Twitter was tweeting about GME, the 2021 equivalent of your taxi driver giving you stock tips.

Now WSB lingo has made its way into this thread and the markets are starting to behave like crypto markets. This'll all end in tears, and soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

20 dollars a share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Gonna go for a run, lets see if this repeats itself. C'mon AMC and NOK
    Didn't work on AMC or NOK but the rest of the portfolio is on a tear - Bitcoin, Sea, Square etc all up big.

Bitcoin might be a big winner out of this actually, the type of place people will put winnings if they can't trade freely.

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It shot up to like 320 or so a while ago but been hovering around the 270 mark for a while now.

Robinhood is all over the news and twitter. I am sure they will reverse the ban unless they are being paid enough to let the company sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This is absolutely gonna fly once the free market is opened up again. People will be doubling down on the "**** Wall Street" sentiment

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

I hope our Bill and PSTH weren't looking to IPO Robinhood, they've essentially just destroyed their company

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Haven't touched a drop since Dec 26th. The cans will be cracked the night I decide to close my position on GME I think!

AMC doing well

KOSS went to $116 at open, dipped to $25 and back now to 44$

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭This is it

dan786 wrote: »
    Robinhood is all over the news and twitter. I am sure they will reverse the ban unless they are being paid enough to let the company sink.

They're done either way I think, they're getting hammered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Most of the day trading apps are owned by major financial players, so they've been fighting back dirty by preventing buys and enabling only sells to drive the price down. Highly unethical, but they've probably managed to cover a lot of losses by buying the huge dips.

Advertisement