Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I'm 100% out of gme amc or any of these other short stocks for the min, once you see the initial bubble burst, even if you get another pump, there will be too many bagholders who will want out at a reduced loss. The seasoned investors are all well gone, in and out early. There will have to be some new catalyst to completely hype up everything again before we'll any sort of leg up imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The volume being traded is very low to manipulate the price and get people to panic sell. These are being from A to B and then back from B to A. There will be a huge increase soon once retail investors are back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

me thinks if this buy block continues that the WSB group will just organise another hit at the market...but really go at it. Its starting to be a bit of a crusade to get back at them

brokers stopping buy trading was just stupid...thats going to end badly for them. might even be jail time for peeps if deliberate market manipulation is proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

jams100 wrote: »
    Wasn't this the danger with these zero commission brokers like Robinhood?

They weren't making any money off retail investors so they had to be making their money off someone (hedgefunds/corporate investors).

Hence they shaft the retail investor.
    Degiro who do apply charges (although small) haven't stopped people buying any shares.

You dont get anything for free. Am I missing anything here?

Interactive Brokers is not zero commission and they prevented buying GME and AMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Timmaay wrote: »
    I'm 100% out of gme amc or any of these other short stocks for the min, once you see the initial bubble burst, even if you get another pump, there will be too many bagholders who will want out at a reduced loss. The seasoned investors are all well gone, in and out early. There will have to be some new catalyst to completely hype up everything again before we'll any sort of leg up imo.

Volume is ridiculously low at the moment - once retail investors are allowed full access, there could be a tsunami behind this yet....but caveat emptor and all that

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    me thinks if this buy block continues that the WSB group will just organise another hit at the market...but really go at it. Its starting to be a bit of a crusade to get back at them

brokers stopping buy trading was just stupid...thats going to end badly for them. might even be jail time for peeps if deliberate market manipulation is proven.

Its being done in the open, I dont think they need any further proof. Few influential people are on our side, Musk, Chamath, Cuban, Winklevoss to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

bloomers is glorious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Can someone post a link where I can see the trade volume on GME

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I'm tempted to go in on GME now and just hold, I don't see the shorts getting covered by tomorrow.

If the below is true, they likely have profited greatly from this with new shorts.

https://twitter.com/justinkan/status/1354853920762253315

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

buyer95 wrote: »

Click full screen on the chart - then hover over the graph. The latest volumes seem to update after a couple of minutes: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GME/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭This is it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Timing belt

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/GME?qsearchterm

use the fx button to add volume to the graph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Finally approved on revolut. Now do i pull the trigger or not haha

The shorts have gone from 140% to 249% apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

If the below is true, they likely have profited greatly from this with new shorts.

https://twitter.com/justinkan/status/1354853920762253315

Thats just criminal if true

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

dan786 wrote: »
    The shorts have gone from 140% to 249% apparently.

Is that good or bad for us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

awec wrote: »

If we cant buy? Whats the point

awec wrote: »

Good. The whole thing started because the shorts % was too high and now that gone up by another 100%.

Right pulled the trigger I'm in for the ride.

Any other idiots like me out there jumping on the madness train just use money you dont care about because this could go anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Yahoo finance give daily total.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Right pulled the trigger I'm in for the ride.

Any other idiots like me out there jumping on the madness train just use money you dont care about because this could go anywhere

Right there with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Anyone see the Winklevos twins on cnbc? Presenter was doing her best not to blow a fuse

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭AH92

Does anyone who bought some stocks on Revolut have theirs at pending still ? I bought some earlier at around 3pm and it still says the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Apparent short positions... 1st pic top 30 shorts. 2nd current position

MarketWatch

AH92 wrote: »
    Does anyone who bought some stocks on Revolut have theirs at pending still ? I bought some earlier at around 3pm and it still says the same.

I had a sell order at 365$ hopefully it went through but shows as pending tried to cancel earlier then it reached 400+ and it wouldnt let me. It still says pending. I hope order went through at 365$ and its just a delay in updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Apparent short positions... source MarketWatch

Where's NAKD in all this? WHY DID I BUY NAKD.. all my learning and grinding for the last year went out the window today haha

AH92 wrote: »

Bought just there a few mins ago and went through straight away, didn't buy loads mind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Channel 4 News at Seven are doing a feature on Gamestore this evening. 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭This is it

dan786 wrote: »
    I had a sell order at 365$ hopefully it went through but shows as pending tried to cancel earlier then it reached 400+ and it wouldnt let me. It still says pending. I hope order went through at 365$ and its just a delay in updating.

On Revolut? I took my original investment out at $315 and it shows "executed" in the order, I think you're fecked if it's still pending

• Advertisement

Robinhood apparently auto-sold peoples shares at $118

Advertisement