Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ooni pizza ovens & accessories thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Hi

Sorry for asking a stupid question but....I'm going to anyway!!

I ordered the Ooni Koda 12 Gas Powered Pizza Oven (37mbar) - I just assumed i could use my usual calor gas connection and cannister that I use for my weber - is it a different connection and cannister I need to use with this?

Thanks in advance.

It needs to be Propane as far as I know, which is the cylinder used for a Patio Heater (cream cylinder as in the picture posted in the post above). I know my Weber uses Butane (standard yellow cylinder). So i have 2 different connections, one on the propane bottle for my patio heater and one on my Weber BBQ for my Butane cylinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Hi

I ordered the Ooni Koda 12 Gas Powered Pizza Oven (37mbar) - I just assumed i could use my usual calor gas connection and cannister that I use for my weber - is it a different connection and cannister I need to use with this?

Thanks in advance.

It's the propane cannister you need. My Weber uses propane so I can interchange. It's the grey patio gas by Calor or the cream patio gas by Flogas. They're both compatible with Ooni.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Hi

Thanks in advance.

I got a Karu with the gas burner recently and got the wrong cylinder so can set you straight! Koda uses propane gas, but you don't want a cylinder of 'propane', you want a cylinder of 'patio gas' as above (that's Flogas, I think Calor may call it EasyGas or similar). While the propane cylinder has the correct gas, it has a different tank connector, whereas the Patio Gas cylinder has the correct connector.

(and to complicate matters, I believe you can also use butane cylinders if you replace the connector on the Koda).

I got a Karu with the gas burner recently and got the wrong cylinder so can set you straight! Koda uses propane gas, but you don't want a cylinder of 'propane', you want a cylinder of 'patio gas' as above (that's Flogas, I think Calor may call it EasyGas or similar). While the propane cylinder has the correct gas, it has a different tank connector, whereas the Patio Gas cylinder has the correct connector.

(and to complicate matters, I believe you can also use butane cylinders if you replace the connector on the Koda).

Yeah, I think it has to do with propane burning hotter but stand to be corrected on that

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

So disappointed I missed this. Are there still codes available somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Faze11 wrote: »
    So disappointed I missed this. Are there still codes available somewhere?

I will send you on one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

Would also love a code for this if someone has one to spare!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

If anyone has a code I too would appreciate one.

Thanks.

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭thefizz

I’d be grateful to get a code also if anyone can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Can I add myself to the list please? The oven is rriving in March, but need to get a few other bits. Also any recommondation on the best pots to use with them, please? Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

Referral code be much appreciated here too. Look at the 12" gas one (already have gas BBQ so would appear to make sense). I'm assuming the 12" would be big enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

jones wrote: »
    Referral code be much appreciated here too. Look at the 12" gas one (already have gas BBQ so would appear to make sense). I'm assuming the 12" would be big enough?

12 inch is a good size - from experience it’s VERY difficult to stretch and manage pizzas any bigger. The extra space for using pans etc would be a benefit to the koda 16 but you have to weigh up the significant extra cost.

If money was no object, of course go with the pro with burner or koda 16

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Thanks for all the help everyone

I did a bit of research as well - So basically I can use butane gas but would need to change connection but propane cylinder would have correct connection and burns to a higher temperature - Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Would love a code if one going spare,
    Much thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Any referral codes left, I’d appreciate one. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

Thanks a million for the code helpful boardie - now for my next problem. Deciding which one to get.

I'm totally torn on the Ooni Koda 12 and the Ooni Karu 12 (multi-fuel) both the same price but not sure which is the better buy? I want gas as its just the cleanest but i do like the option of being able to use other heat sources although i just noticed the gas burner is a further 70 euro. Think my mind has just been made up. Koda it is

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I too would be most grateful if anyone had a code spare. Thanks in advance

I ordered the Karu on 13th Jan along with peel, thermometer and cover. The accessories were delivered to me 25th Jan but I would expect to be waiting a few weeks more for the actual Karu itself

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jones wrote: »
    Thanks a million for the code helpful boardie - now for my next problem. Deciding which one to get.

I'm totally torn on the Ooni Koda 12 and the Ooni Karu 12 (multi-fuel) both the same price but not sure which is the better buy? I want gas as its just the cleanest but i do like the option of being able to use other heat sources although i just noticed the gas burner is a further 70 euro. Think my mind has just been made up. Koda it is

Yeah the gas attachment is steep at 70 and then you've to spend a further 60 euro getting a bottle of gas if you dont already have one. You could go with the Karu and add gas to it later down the road as I did (gas attatchment was reduced to 54 euro on Black Friday so grabbed one). Or save your money and just go gas only in the first place and stick with that. Both gas and wood work fine but gas is less hassle in that you dont have to tend to a fire and top it up.

I ordered one a good while ago, not sure where the referral code is listed, if at all. I'll gladly share it if a) I can locate it and b) it is allowed under Boards rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Grateful for a referral code. Thanks all you good people.

I ordered the Karu on 13th Jan along with peel, thermometer and cover. The accessories were delivered to me 25th Jan but I would expect to be waiting a few weeks more for the actual Karu itself

And lo and behold the Karu arrived today, ordered on 13th and arrived on 29th , that was far far quicker than I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Sorry stupid question but does anyone cook or can you cook anything else on the ooni or is it just pizzas? We love pizzas here and my husband makes gorgeous pizzas from scratch but we also need to get a good BBQ so not sure which to go for? Thanks

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Sorry stupid question but does anyone cook or can you cook anything else on the ooni or is it just pizzas? We love pizzas here and my husband makes gorgeous pizzas from scratch but we also need to get a good BBQ so not sure which to go for? Thanks

No, you can do loads on the Ooni. There is an 18 page recipe section on the Ooni Website with lots of different recipes...

https://eu.ooni.com/blogs/recipes?page=2

That is just page 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

And lo and behold the Karu arrived today, ordered on 13th and arrived on 29th , that was far far quicker than I thought

Wow, we are still waiting for a Karu that was ordered in November. Were told it would be February.

Wow, we are still waiting for a Karu that was ordered in November. Were told it would be February.

Yeah, I'm pretty stunned to be honest, From reading this thread I didn't expect it till start of April. I ordered from the EU website so not sure if that made a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Pipmae

No, you can do loads on the Ooni. There is an 18 page recipe section on the Ooni Website with lots of different recipes...

https://eu.ooni.com/blogs/recipes?page=2

That is just page 2

I have an Ooni delivery on the way with the recipe book, sizzler pan (I have one already but one isn't enough) and the dual sided grizzler plate. I want to use the Ooni for more than just pizza so I took the hit on these accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭milosh

I would love a referral code if any good soul had one going. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I'm the same. My koda shipped on 17th December. It hasn't moved on tracking. Their customer service say they'll "escalate it" which basically means apologising and blaming Brexit- which is clearly nonsense if ovens are arriving within 2 weeks.

And yes I used EU site. Their tracking email trumpeted the fact I would have it by Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 oreillykm

Would really appreciate a referral code too if anyone has one to spare

Advertisement